Semper Fidelis

newABcrestsm.gif

Hello Planet Bob.

[OOC]I know I am an unfamiliar face on these forums, as I believe they are filled with meaningless drivel and ego stroking. I consider myself a man of honor and surround myself with like-minded individuals. For My first post on these forums I have the honor of Representing my Alliance in something I fully believe in.[/OOC]

Without further Adieu:

As per the Pactum Cognatus, Aurora Borealis recognizes a state of war with Global Order of Darkness .

Sovereignty:

Both Echelon and Aurora Borealis shall retain their sovereignty and look to defend and protect the sovereignty of the other. An attack on either Echelon or Aurora Borealis shall be considered an attack on the sovereignty of both alliances, and the attacking institution shall be considered an enemy of both Aurora Borealis and Echelon; the attacking institution will be subject to an automatic counter offensive by the signatories of this pact.

Intentions:

Echelon and Aurora Borealis shall not commit any act of aggression against the other. Both shall keep informed the other of all pertinent information. We shall maintain the friendly and open overtures in which this pact was signed. The fulfillment of a request for aid, in the form of intelligence, military action, financial assistance, or diplomatic mediation is encouraged.

Pertinent clauses are in bold

We appreciate the understanding of our other wonderful allies, Nueva Vida, and Mushroom Kingdom. We must assist our ally in need.

Semper Fidelis

/s/

The Great Spirits of Aurora

I knew this announcement was coming, so I thought long and hard about what I wanted to say in response to it. Luckily for me, I remembered a certain passage from my favorite author, Matthew Stover, which I believe fits the situation well enough. Really, it just gave me an excuse to read an old favorite book of mine.

Disclaimer: I removed a bit of scene-setting from the passage, and like I said, I didn’t write it.

“You! You there!” Nom Anor called nervously in Basic. “What are you doing there?”

The answer was a deep, mockingly cheerful growl. “Isn’t it obvious? I’m standing in your way.”

“Stand aside. There are thousands of warriors out here! You cannot hope to stop us.”

“I don’t have to stop you. All I have to do is slow you down.”

A sharp buzzing crackle made Nom Anor jump. From the shadow’s hand sprang a meter long bar of vividly sizzling amethyst.

“You want me to move?” The shadow beckoned with the blade of light. “Come on and move me.”

The smoke thinned, and cleared, and the human within the archway didn’t look at all like the Ganner Nom Anor remembered. This Ganner wore only faded brown leggings and battered leather boots. This Ganner was tall, broad-shouldered, and the light from his weapon gleamed on the sculpted muscle of his bare chest. The blade in his hand was steady as the roots of a mountain, but it was not this that made Nom Anor hesitate, made him run his thin yellow tongue nervously between his filed-sharp teeth.

It was the light in Ganner’s eyes.

He looked happy.

“There are thousands of warriors out here,” Nom Anor repeated, waving a futile fist. “You are only one man!”

“I am only one Jedi.”

“You’re insane.”

“The man’s answering laugh was deep and long and bright, full of joy and freedom. “No. I am Ganner.”

“He spun his shining blade in a dazzlingly complex flourish that illuminated the arch around him, making it shine like a rainbow frame for the pure, animal grace of his body.

“This threshold,” he announced through a happy grin, “is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn.”

His flourish ended with the blade slanted before his chest, and his teeth flashed in the gloom.

“None shall pass.”

Could someone send me a link showing where we attacked Echelon? I'm really quite curious.

Edit: Honestly. I'm quite curious why you would bother to point out the defense part if you weren't going to use it. Made me go 0_o.

Edited by Aloop

Echelon is in a state of war with GOD.

Good, let's dance. It's only a shame you're not in my range or I'd nuke you myself. Alas, I'll have to settle for living vicariously through one of my members.

I love it when people claim "DEFENSE" when their allies are the attackers.

A state of war is definitely not the same thing as "An attack on Echelon".

Way to be classy.

Welcome to the party. We'll enjoy it.

We have an Optional Aggression pact with Echelon, so we decided to activate it rather than drag this out any longer. Echelon has been there for us when we needed them and we will be there for them. Win or lose we shall fight beside our friends in echelon.

O/ Aurora Borealis

O/ Echelon

O/ Friends > Infra

Edited by ace072199

We have an Optional Aggression pact with Echelon, so we decided to activate it rather than drag this out any longer. Echelon has been there for us when we needed them and we will be there for them. Win or lose we shall fight beside our friends in echelon.

O/ Aurora Borealis

O/ Echelon

O/ Friends > Infra

Its ok to activate your optional agression, just make sure you state it clearly in your DoW. Atm it reads that we (GOD) have attacked Echelon which has brought you to their defense.