Cyber Nations Guide / Demo Video

admin

Retain new players is a good idea, but the approach is misguided . A video will not make the new players to ignore the major flaws of the game, flaws that make them leave the game right after join. 

A little light on your WC wouldn't you say? :P  I do appreciate your efforts Gopherbashi. If I could offer some constructive criticism I would suggest cutting back the video length to 5m if possible, perhaps put more emphasise on the benefits of joining an alliance and less on game mechanics. Again I appreciate you taking time out of your day for this.

Okay well I wrote a script but doesn't look like I'll be done in time with the actual video but here's what I'm thinking: 

using PolandBall as an inspiration

Alright so I'm thinking we open on a blank paint template white, will start with a ambiguous light/God-esq figure coming and creating the world with subtitles underneath (or a narrators voiceover) "In the beginning there was nothing, but then the Great Admin came and created Planet Bob so nations could come and fight for supremacy."

"Admin created three pillars of nation building that all nations must use in order to earn supremacy. Infrastructure, Land and Technology." 

[Voiceover] (scene)
[Infrastructure is built to bring more citizens to your nation] (maybe show more citizens -- fleas -- coming to a ball)
[Technology is used to further advance your civilization] (give a basic ball a sword or something)
[Land is used to increase ones influence] (show a ball grow in size). 

[In the beginning thousands upon thousands of nations flocked to this new world, battling for supremacy but it was very hard to get ahead when every nation was working with the same limitations.] (Switch to picture of a world with a bunch of matching PolandBalls -- blank white circles I think, but maybe some with slight infra/tech/land advantages fighting each other) 

But one day an unknown nation ruler came and would change the landscape of the world forever (cut to a black stick figure walking into a grouping of blank poland balls). and had the brilliant idea of sharing power instead of fighting for sole supremacy. Have the black stick figure come to a poland ball and "infect" it with a black sash. 

This unknown ruler convinced others to fight for THEIR cause (show a bunch of nations gain black sashes). But some did not agree with Black and decided to create their own alliances (have some poland balls get red/orange/green/etc. sashes). We eventually came to a period where no grouping of nations could gain supremacy over other groupings of nations.

From there an uneasy peace settled about the land and everyone built up their nations preparing for the inevitable war. (fade to white) 

Cutscene to red HQ: 
RedSash Leader (maybe gold star on him) talking to a bunch of other Reds. We need to grow become stronger than other nations, it is not enough to just have the most nations, we need large nations to acquire nuclear weapons and defend the smaller nations. We need to send money to one nation and have him build up and become the largest nation! Nods of agreement/money transferred to the leader.

(Cut to white, back to subtitles/voiceover) Unfortunately as time went on, with the limitation of aid slots and the fact that the more infra/tech/land a nation has, the more it costs this strategy proved to be ineffective. 

But there was soon to be another breakthrough! A scientist was able to determine that the cost of infra/tech/land was only based on what one currently had, so a nation could hypothetically aquire technology for cheap if it had none, and then send it's technology to a large nation and effectively increase a nations tech level for cheap! In exchange the larger nation would send money to the techbuilding nation for his time, and thus the tech deal was born! 

From here the World came almost to what we see today, with alliances popping up everywhere, each trying to gain global supremacy for it's own cause (have a world map with random alliances popping up, like a halo themed one, a brony one, etc. I think better if it's RL cults rather than actual alliances) and many wars ensued but there was no clear victor... 

Cut to black: So welcome to a world in chaos. With 100s of factions and thousands of nations vying for supremacy. Only one question remains: Who will you support in the quest for total domination? If anyone...

Fade to white, Cybernations Logo for 5 seconds. 

After credit Cutscene: Large obviously corrupt ball sells nuclear weapons to tiny new balls.. voiceover "Remember, all is fair in love and war"

After the video I would have a few links:
To learn more about Tech Dealing -- Click here
To learn more about global politics -- Click here (link to CN wiki?) 
To speak to other nation rulers in real time -- Click here (in-game iRC link)
To find an alliance -- click here (link to CN forums alliance recruitment subforum)
Questions? -- Click here (I was going to put a link to message to my nation and answer questions myself)

EDIT: If you decide this is what you want I can get it done by Aug 25th.
Edited by Unknown Smurf