University of Unity (re)decleration of Existance

Domhnall

[quote name='Domhnall' timestamp='1298545744' post='2643752']
<_< we have new members (including myself) in key positions
[/quote]

Please don't take spite to what I said, I meant it in sincerely. I've had the pleasure, of experiencing the headache, that comes with building an alliance. Its not an easy thing to stay committed when things get tough. You've got courage to try again, I don't know if I'd want to bother with a 2nd try.

[quote name='We Are Not Alone' timestamp='1298578612' post='2644047']
Is pitt in this incarnation? If not then I am extremely dissapointed. Though I do feel like I played a part in this especially because I recruited shades to the original alliance The University.
[/quote]
youve been in nearly every terrible and godawful alliance in existance, you going to preach when Exodus dies and someone tries to bring it back as GGA 3.0

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1298587452' post='2644190']
I have a hard time understanding why Quantum would protect you, but I'll take their word for it that you guys are decent, because they're pretty awesome.
[/quote]

I know Tora pretty well...

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1298523925' post='2643546']
I always wonder why people chose to resurrect dead alliances rather than start a new one. Why would you take on the legacy of an alliance which was already found lacking once? (Just a general point by the way, not just in relation to UoU.)
[/quote]

Some actually have the potential to do something big in the world and then do so. This alliance does not. It was useless and terrible the first time around, I don't expect anything different this time.

Edited by Emperor Marx

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1298774640' post='2645769']
Some actually have the potential to do something big in the world and then do so. This alliance does not. It was useless and terrible the first time around, I don't expect anything different this time.
[/quote]
That may be true, but that potential does not come from the name, but the members. And since that is the case, it seems odd to me that people hamper themselves right out of the gate by taking on the name and legacy of an organization which already failed once. I have supported a couple of reformations at the time, but it seems to me that almost all of them are reborn on the basis of fulfilling some petty grudge, where the mere act of reforming is meant as a big **** you to those who wronged them in the past.

[/quote]

Was it useless? I believe the purpose of it was to create a community with a unique theme, and it obviously served its' purpose if some of the same members want to resurrect it. They obviously felt at home with the alliance, otherwise they would not have wanted to recreate it. As far as it being terrible, our FA department and IA department was pretty damn impressive. If you look at our last thread, it was full of positive remarks and kind thoughts. Obviously people remembered University fondly.

[/quote]

someone needs a hug, I'll give you one muffin - all you have to do is ask

Edited by Domhnall