Cybernations Poker Club

magicninja

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1297987855' post='2637054']
Nice! just one question: Real money or Play money?

Edit: I made my app(BocaDeAlcool)
[/quote]

The tournys I make will be play money with a tech prize(s). If you guys wanna play for real money besides that it's on you guys.

Yes there will be more tournaments in the future. At least as often as the aid slot I dedicate to the prize clears out hopefully so weekly at best. It would be nice to be bale to get some donations in from others so we can have a bigger monthly tourny with bigger prizes. Perhaps the incentive of being a group admin for the game will illicit some donations? eh? eh? I'll make a dedicated IRC chan that will have updates and such and for general questions and getting people to get on to tables with eachother.

Also, defeat nippy more.

Edit>>> #cnpokerclub on Coldfront

Edited by magicninja

I can't make Saturday, but in general, you could do this like the World Cup bet... Attendees promise their entrance fee of, say, $3mil, and depending on how many sign up, the organizer decides how much goes for first place, second, third, etc. Then at the end, when it's time to pay up, losers pay cash to those that want cash, or buy tech through an intermediary at a rate of 3mil/100tech.

This also means there's something to play for and lose, so there will be fewer reckless and silly bets outside of their normal serious poker aggressiveness.

[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1297991966' post='2637106']
I can't make Saturday, but in general, you could do this like the World Cup bet... Attendees promise their entrance fee of, say, $3mil, and depending on how many sign up, the organizer decides how much goes for first place, second, third, etc. Then at the end, when it's time to pay up, losers pay cash to those that want cash, or buy tech through an intermediary at a rate of 3mil/100tech.

This also means there's something to play for and lose, so there will be fewer reckless and silly bets outside of their normal serious poker aggressiveness.
[/quote]

You're right. Good thinking. Only thing is enforcing. I guess I could boot those out the group that don;t come through. Thanks man. Something I should have thought of. next tourny though. This one will be a freeroll and on me.

Yeah, I like that idea; have a few later tournaments at 50 tech or equivalent buy-ins, following the regular payout structure (so that they wouldn't be winner-takes-all spew-fest) by percentage, rounded to the nearest 50.

[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1297992227' post='2637112']
Make them sign that form thing that says they willingly cede protection from their alliance etc. if they fail to pay. Basically, people will attack them in-game and no one else will fault them for attacking.
[/quote]

Probably wouldn't go that far. If they welch then they just get booted from the group.