The Fields and Skies Are Silent Once Again

King James XVIII

My last post, then I'm out. First of all: Holy crap, people.

The time of the opening post was 12:32 AM, and declared hind-sight peace for 32 minutes earlier. Well, anyone involved at all in the peace process knows the damn thing was on and off 37 times. LE obviously has their own terms for agreeing, we did too, a lot of people did. We simply waited until it was finally posted to send our peace-out messages. Until then, it just wasn't real. Another alliance enters, or someone could have flaked, anything could have hosed the entire deal at any time. From that perspective, we had exactly one late war. So, chill.

Re-thank King James on all this.
Here's what KO had to say on the whole peace process:

[quote][12:26] <&KOwens06[BB]> ....
[12:26] <&KOwens06[BB]> Clash never again will I deal with stupid peace talks
[12:26] <&KOwens06[BB]> I will tell them to have fun burning[/quote]
Amen.

Part of our problem was what BR sums up here:

[quote name='Bionic redhead' timestamp='1294575913' post='2569679']
So, reading stuff like the posts in this topic, the logs from the peace discussions and a couple of other places it's become blatantly obvious that certain people simply haven't learnt a thing from all this.[/quote]
Some of y'all just aren't getting it. I've tried explaining several different ways. I'm kind of at a loss, but let's try another anyways: OP and LE together teamed up to kick your butts. Do you have any frickin' idea what that means? After the war that ended last round between the two? No doubt these guys respect each other, but that was a brutal and bitter marathon of a war. Here is the first pm that Paul sent me, to put to rest some more stupidity:

[quote]To: Clash From: paul711 Date: 1/5/2011 2:36:13 PM

Subject: this travesty

Message: Where do you stand on this curbstomp and confusions bloc? Traditionally OP has always fought LE but 8t has always been a fair fight. This is a curbstomp plain and simple, I will be on irc later if you'd like to discuss things further, maybe a reverse curbstomp is called for. [/quote]
He said he wanted to come in. I asked him when, and he told me. It's pretty cut and dried. isn't it? How different is that from what LE and the Kiwis feel? Or your cheapshot targets, DF and THP? Or any of the others who came in, like WAPA? Or tW, for that matter? For all these alliances to agree on this strong enough, for what happened here - well, there's a lot of meaning there, and some people just aren't getting it.

Finally: When we attacked RE/G6/DR, we still had 27 anarchies from when RE/G6 hit us after hiding behind that treaty. We had probably 40+ nations who were once n00bs, after all. We'd barely got economic basics down with most of 'em. Those 27 are some of the nations that went inactive after that cheapshot. I hope they come back to TE next round, but maybe they won't. I for one think it's in the best interest of TE that we not drive people away with crappy weasel moves.

I thought the entire war stank, as far as wars go.
Hey, everyone else is on their own though.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Wabooz' timestamp='1294569448' post='2569647']
Anyhow, cool deal on folks getting a little break to rebuild. Lady Dark Knight, looks like we still get to dance :D
[/quote]

The powers that be on Planet Steve have truly smiled upon us :awesome:

Wait...*looks at her resume*
I'm a "power that be"!!!! :o
When did THAT happen??? :huh:

LOL, anyway...that explains why we're (The Flying Kiwis) are still fighting better than any other theory provided in this thread :smug:

No more Mrs. Nice Kiwi. If people here don't like it, tell Lord Klusman to demote me :P

:salute:

Lady Dark Knight
Chancellor, The Flying Kiwis

Edited by Mistress Demona

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1294605325' post='2569990']
Here's what KO had to say on the whole peace process:

Amen.
[/quote]

Maybe that's what we should have done when you where getting rolled by RE/G-6

Again.

tW, tough, only when they are winning.

:awesome:

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1294605542' post='2569998']
Maybe that's what we should have done when you where getting rolled by RE/G-6

Again.

tW, tough, only when they are winning.

:awesome:
[/quote]

Ironic part is you guys came to us to get us to peace out. If you think peace talks are bashing us then asking nicely for peace you should think again. I was more than nice when these talks were going on. You don't bash the winners of a war when you want peace plain and simple. If you wanted to make us burn more power to you, but you didn't. I would have fought with 0 infra because well G-6 are horrible fighters anyway from what I've seen. We could have but we didn't. More than once it went through my head with your side calling us "cons" to names that aren't appropriate on this forum. Thats what I meant by it. There is a part about diplomacy that is sought after in peace talks and G-6 nor DR did anything of the such. They kept antagonizing us throughout the whole process imagine that. Leaders of alliances that are getting beat down antagonizing us saying we ruined a "fair war". These are peace talks not lets bash the other side. Peace talks are to get the war over with. KingJames and I were not happy with how they were turning out luckily. King mediated through them and his level headedness lead me to wanting peace not anyone else. I was in them from day one and dealt with this the whole time.

Again G-6 horrible posters.

Guest Mike Oldfield

Ok the evidence points to perma war, we got a bunch of 3rd parties saying no perma war,
If you're not going to perma war us LE, step up and prove it because your actions are contradictory to your allies' claims. thus far no one has provided one shred of proof.

[quote name='Mike Oldfield' timestamp='1294606586' post='2570033']
Ok the evidence points to perma war, we got a bunch of 3rd parties saying no perma war,
If you're not going to perma war us LE, step up and prove it because your actions are contradictory to your allies' claims. thus far no one has provided one shred of proof.
[/quote]

Ugh fine.

Here is your proof from the peace talks:
[quote][22:07] <Bacon[LE]> k. ours are fairly simple. RE and DR can be cut loose; G6 gets us till their blitz wars expire[/quote]

Now for the love of god stop.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1294606895' post='2570046']
No I didn't, maybe my alliance leaders did but I didn't, I didn't have a say in it.

Individuality FTW
[/quote]

Wow great for you. G-6 is a community. The leaders lead that community. The leaders came to us to peace out. The community peace us out see how that works.

Communities FTW

Guest Mike Oldfield

[quote name='KOwens06' timestamp='1294606852' post='2570044']
Ugh fine.

Here is your proof from the peace talks:

Now for the love of god stop.
[/quote]
LE launched another blitz last update that is still ongoing....
I got 2 new LE wars myself.
they are still blitzing...

[quote name='Mike Oldfield' timestamp='1294607208' post='2570061']
LE launched another blitz last update that is still ongoing....
I got 2 new LE wars myself.
they are still blitzing...
[/quote]

Yeah and that doesn't mean they won't peace out. That means they just want to pound you into the ground. Which is what they should be doing.

Guest Mike Oldfield

[quote name='KOwens06' timestamp='1294607409' post='2570064']
Yeah and that doesn't mean they won't peace out. That means they just want to pound you into the ground. Which is what they should be doing.
[/quote]
ok I want proof, not from you KOwens06, not from you Clash, I want a LE government member or Bacon himself posting in this thread WITH a closure date for this war. a specific date, a number, a day, not something like "when your blitz wars expire" that can be loopholed in and used as a vehicle for perpetual war. now step up LE and give us a definite date.
I'm on because the OP was far too vague, didn't specify a closure date. KOwens06 and Clash are not LE gov, I want it from the horse's mouth, right here.

[quote name='Mike Oldfield' timestamp='1294608879' post='2570106']
ok I want proof, not from you KOwens06, not from you Clash, I want a LE government member or Bacon himself posting in this thread WITH a closure date for this war. a specific date, a number, a day, not something like "when your blitz wars expire" that can be loopholed in and used as a vehicle for perpetual war. now step up LE and give us a definite date.
I'm on because the OP was far too vague, didn't specify a closure date. KOwens06 and Clash are not LE gov, I want it from the horse's mouth, right here.
[/quote]

If you did not want to fight LE, why did you attack them?

Guest Mike Oldfield

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1294609612' post='2570129']
[/quote]
It's not that I don't want to fight LE, it's that LE is doing one of the taboos of Planet steve, they are perma warring, they never followed tradition and set an end date to this war. now they are evading and not posting here to clear this up.

[quote name='Mike Oldfield' timestamp='1294609771' post='2570133']
It's not that I don't want to fight LE, it's that LE is doing one of the taboos of Planet steve, they are perma warring, they never followed tradition and set an end date to this war. now they are evading and not posting here to clear this up.
[/quote]

What tradition of setting an end date? I have been playing nearly 2 years and do not recall any wars that had pre-set end dates.

Were you around last round?

When you attack an alliance, you should be prepared for all potential outcomes.

[quote name='Mike Oldfield' timestamp='1294609771' post='2570133']
[/quote]

Its not a taboo it happened last round with LE vs OP (40 days). It happened the round before that with tW vs RE (30 days). It happens. If you don't like it don't try to beat down a very warlike alliance. If they do good for them. If they don't good for them. You don't get a say in it, you just get to take the beating.

Guest Mike Oldfield

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1294554741' post='2569429']

The only exception is the war between G-6 vs LE and TFK

[/quote]
Should read something like

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1294554741' post='2569429']

The only exception is the war between G-6 vs LE and TFK for one war cycle (Or x # of days or whatever)

[/quote]

but not just basically we're gonna war you until we feel like you've had enough, which could extend a couple rounds. Who knows, LE has yet to post here saying when it will end.

Guest Mike Oldfield

[quote name='KOwens06' timestamp='1294610445' post='2570151']
Its not a taboo it happened last round with LE vs OP (40 days). It happened the round before that with tW vs RE (30 days). It happens. If you don't like it don't try to beat down a very warlike alliance. If they do good for them. If they don't good for them. You don't get a say in it, you just get to take the beating.
[/quote]
yeah and we were holding our own until you guys sucker punched us.

[quote name='Mike Oldfield' timestamp='1294610746' post='2570162']
yeah and we were holding our own until you guys sucker punched us.
[/quote]

[img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/lol1.gif[/img]

Glad we could help.

Guest Mike Oldfield

[quote name='KOwens06' timestamp='1294610829' post='2570163']
[img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/lol1.gif[/img]

Glad we could help.
[/quote]
lol :D
Your good people KOwens06...
My problem isn't with Warriors, TFK, DF et al, you guys were defending your allies and you guys were good sportsman, hell I really didn't have a problem with LE until everyone agreed to end this war and LE said "NO U! We're continuing this until we feel like they've had enough of a beatdown, that may take awhile so sit tight."

Edited by Mike Oldfield

[quote name='Mike Oldfield' timestamp='1294610928' post='2570170']
lol :D
Your good people KOwens06...
My problem isn't with Warriors, TFK, DF et al, you guys were defending your allies and you guys were good sportsman, hell I really didn't have a problem with LE until everyone agreed to end this war and LE said "NO U! We're continuing this until we feel like they've had enough of a beatdown, that may take awhile so sit tight."
[/quote]
Once again, when you attack an AA, you should be ready for all consequences. You're complaining on here what do anything for you. No one feels bad for you.

[quote name='KOwens06' timestamp='1294599666' post='2569886']
[b]Yeah, because we don't have different views right?[/b] And I wasn't referring to you but as G-6 as a whole because I'm about to lump people in the same alliance together just like you do all the time. When someone starts making posts about 4 wars when specifically in peace talks we said we might have a few stragglers please give us a little break. Then your leader jumps on us right when it happens? Yeah I consider that whining.

And I was not saying you were whining. So If your free thinkers, why do you care that I was calling another one of your members a whiner when they were obviously whining? You are one of the few thats having fun with this and I respect that but the others just keep going and going and going. We gave peace its over. Lets move on people please!
[/quote]

hahahahahahahahahahahaha. considering the most debating or refutation that i have seen from basically every tW poster is "you are whining" or "stop crying" or "be original", i find the bolded laughable. maybe if ya'll did not sound so damn alike, we would believe you had your own thoughts. but for the most part, ya'll tote the party line.

i have gone against G-6 on a couple of issues, such as treaties (in my view, 1 maybe 2 is okay but no more. so if everyone who is stating that Confusion was looking for more than that, shame on him) and i have even stated that this little grudgefest between Confusion/RE and tW is stupid and all of you involved should grow up.

and i know you are talking about me, but i would have stopped if i had gotten anything other than "stop crying" and crap like that from the Warriors who tried to debate me. it tends to amuse me when all i get out of others is something like that. the other thing i got from Warriors is the twisting of anything i wrote instead of reading what was there.

i am all for moving on though. tW is growing very boring with their repetitive party line toting.

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1294605325' post='2569990']
[b]Some of y'all just aren't getting it. I've tried explaining several different ways.[/b] I'm kind of at a loss, but let's try another anyways: [i]OP and LE together teamed up[/i] to kick your butts. Do you have any frickin' idea what that means? After the war that ended last round between the two? No doubt these guys respect each other, but that was a brutal and bitter marathon of a war. Here is the first pm that Paul sent me, to put to rest some more stupidity:[/quote]

so from the bolded, again it appears that ya'll are trying to dictate how G-6 plays.
from the italics- this is just plain false. LE was hit by G-6/RE/DR. OP may have entered but it was not that LE teamed up with OP at all. LE and OP did not enter the war together and instead their reasons for being involved in the war are entirely different from one another.

[quote]"To: Clash From: paul711 Date: 1/5/2011 2:36:13 PM

Subject: this travesty

Message: Where do you stand on this curbstomp and confusions bloc? Traditionally OP has always fought LE but 8t has always been a fair fight. This is a curbstomp plain and simple, I will be on irc later if you'd like to discuss things further, maybe a reverse curbstomp is called for." [/quote]

well at least now we know that when tW/tF entered, it officially became a curbstomp according to Clash and memoryproblems.

[quote]He said he wanted to come in. I asked him when, and he told me. It's pretty cut and dried. isn't it? How different is that from what LE and the Kiwis feel? Or your cheapshot targets, DF and THP? Or any of the others who came in, like WAPA? Or tW, for that matter? For all these alliances to agree on this strong enough, for what happened here - well, there's a lot of meaning there, and some people just aren't getting it.

Finally: When we attacked RE/G6/DR, we still had 27 anarchies from when RE/G6 hit us after hiding behind that treaty. We had probably 40+ nations who were once n00bs, after all. We'd barely got economic basics down with most of 'em. Those 27 are some of the nations that went inactive after that cheapshot. I hope they come back to TE next round, but maybe they won't. I for one think it's in the best interest of TE that we not drive people away with crappy weasel moves.

I thought the entire war stank, as far as wars go.
Hey, everyone else is on their own though.
[/quote]

all the rest is just straight up crying from a war that has been over for like 2 weeks now mixed with many others dictating how we should play while using every tactic we used that is "bad". hey, honestly, just man up and state that G-6/DR/RE scared ya'll so much, you had to hit us and hit us hard. don't use moralistic !@#$%^&*. this is TE. if warring your 27 nations makes them go inactive, it would have happened and most likely they would not come back next round anyways. don't pin some !@#$%^&* tinfoil hat crap on G-6. this is the exact !@#$ that is turning this into SE. !@#$%^&* crap like "zomg you are ruining the game and driving people away".

what i am amused at is this war could do the very same thing, as in drive people away from TE cuz we got massively curbstomped and now LE/TFK aren't ending the war despite several nations in G-6 most likely having gone inactive. but it appears you don't care about that in the least. frankly, neither do i. there will be others that will come to TE to fill their place. TE will only end when Admin decides to destroy planet Steve.

[quote name='KOwens06' timestamp='1294606363' post='2570024']
Ironic part is you guys came to us to get us to peace out. If you think peace talks are bashing us then asking nicely for peace you should think again. I was more than nice when these talks were going on. You don't bash the winners of a war when you want peace plain and simple. If you wanted to make us burn more power to you, but you didn't. I would have fought with 0 infra because well G-6 are horrible fighters anyway from what I've seen. We could have but we didn't. More than once it went through my head with your side calling us "cons" to names that aren't appropriate on this forum. Thats what I meant by it. There is a part about diplomacy that is sought after in peace talks and G-6 nor DR did anything of the such. They kept antagonizing us throughout the whole process imagine that. Leaders of alliances that are getting beat down antagonizing us saying we ruined a "fair war". These are peace talks not lets bash the other side. Peace talks are to get the war over with. KingJames and I were not happy with how they were turning out luckily. King mediated through them and his level headedness lead me to wanting peace not anyone else. I was in them from day one and dealt with this the whole time.

Again G-6 horrible posters.
[/quote]

so basically we went to tW to get ya'll to peace out cuz we were stomping on ya'll and did not want to ruin the rest of your round. wow. G-6 is truly ebil and must be stopped at all costs. and yes, we are horrible fighters.... except for the fact that in a much more even war we destroyed tW.

leaders of alliances that it had to take a crapload more NS, nations, and alliances had to be used in order to achieve said beat down. then comes the whole "G-6/DR/RE are ruining TE and are ebil and whiners and bawwwwwwww" bs that came from your side throughout this whole war. then it ends with despite G-6 having taking a huge hit, LE/TFK want to continue the war but only on G-6 instead of G-6/DR/RE. but hey, let the curbstomp continue.

and no, that is not whining. that is providing facts. i am still having a blast and i am still fighting back, despite loosing all my ground wars, not having any aircraft and being bombed to smithereens, i am still fighting back. it is obvious that anything is allowed when it happens to G-6, but if G-6 does it, it is ruining TE. let the hypocrisy that is your side of the war continue.

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1294609612' post='2570129']
[/quote]
Don't worry about him, I'll take LE on all by myself.. I'm about to pull out the slingshot! :lol1:

[quote name='Wabooz' timestamp='1294616384' post='2570350']
Don't worry about him, I'll take LE on all by myself.. I'm about to pull out the slingshot! :lol1:
[/quote]

ahhh you got a slingshot issued to you. lucky. i got a straw. i am having my men work on spit balls as we speak. :D i will beat Ax to #2 casualty rank if at all possible.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1294615689' post='2570324']
snip
[/quote]

Fine i'll bite.

I have said the you whining stuff a few times just to annoy you guys as it annoyed me the whole time we were getting beat down and no I wasn't pointing that at you it was more pointed at people in this thread who cried foul after 4 wars. Because god knows we have about 30 noobs in tW at the moment. I brought up the different opinions thing in our last war thread and it didn't stop anyone didn't think it would stop anyone this time.

First, I wish this grudge would end too. I personally just ignore it now as it has happened round after round since we came into existence. But we always seem to come into the round with a target onto our back from someone. It just happens that way. I know we don't plan on beating up Confusion every round. We just go in see who is around are strength bracket and prepare for a fight. Well at least thats what I do in tW. Can't say for others.

Second, LE/OP had an idea to kill your bloc before you guys blittzed LE that is what was talked about. That plan got changed when you hit LE, and others hit THP and DF. We came in to protect our friends. OP came in because they were disgusted with how the wars were going. To each their own right? Thats why this war happened. No other reasons behind it.

Third, yes it was a curbstomp. Did we plan it that way? Not wholeheartedly no but did we know you guys were going to get beat? yes we did we went into this war knowing we were going to win.

Fourth, I agree I hate when people say TE is dying.

Fifth, you guys came to us for I have no clue what reason. Your 80 war blitz killed us and I expected it to go on for a couple days considering who is leading your alliance. To the horrible fighters part. Im sure you have some good ones like any other alliance but I was not impressed with who I have fought so far in the blitzed war or in the recent one. It just seems that they don't have all the tactics down. There are many underlying circumstances for why this war is continuing for G-6 and LE/TFK most of which LE doesn't want this to happen again from what I'm guessing. Its not that we thought you were ruining the game we just didn't like how this round was folding out. I wasn't vocal on it cause hey war is war to me.

And there is hypocrisy on both sides. Maybe not from you but from a lot of others. You should have seen the peace talks it was facepalm after facepalm after facepalm.

And I think I got everything.

Guest Mike Oldfield

[quote name='KOwens06' timestamp='1294618871' post='2570410']
Fine i'll bite.

I have said the you whining stuff a few times just to annoy you guys as it annoyed me the whole time we were getting beat down and no I wasn't pointing that at you it was more pointed at people in this thread who cried foul after 4 wars. Because god knows we have about 30 noobs in tW at the moment. I brought up the different opinions thing in our last war thread and it didn't stop anyone didn't think it would stop anyone this time.

First, I wish this grudge would end too. I personally just ignore it now as it has happened round after round since we came into existence. But we always seem to come into the round with a target onto our back from someone. It just happens that way. I know we don't plan on beating up Confusion every round. We just go in see who is around are strength bracket and prepare for a fight. Well at least thats what I do in tW. Can't say for others.

Second, LE/OP had an idea to kill your bloc before you guys blittzed LE that is what was talked about. That plan got changed when you hit LE, and others hit THP and DF. We came in to protect our friends. OP came in because they were disgusted with how the wars were going. To each their own right? Thats why this war happened. No other reasons behind it.

Third, yes it was a curbstomp. Did we plan it that way? Not wholeheartedly no but did we know you guys were going to get beat? yes we did we went into this war knowing we were going to win.

Fourth, I agree I hate when people say TE is dying.

Fifth, you guys came to us for I have no clue what reason. Your 80 war blitz killed us and I expected it to go on for a couple days considering who is leading your alliance. To the horrible fighters part. Im sure you have some good ones like any other alliance but I was not impressed with who I have fought so far in the blitzed war or in the recent one. It just seems that they don't have all the tactics down. There are many underlying circumstances for why this war is continuing for G-6 and LE/TFK most of which LE doesn't want this to happen again from what I'm guessing. Its not that we thought you were ruining the game we just didn't like how this round was folding out. I wasn't vocal on it cause hey war is war to me.

And there is hypocrisy on both sides. Maybe not from you but from a lot of others. You should have seen the peace talks it was facepalm after facepalm after facepalm.

And I think I got everything.
[/quote]
Hipocracy?
Whether it's us perma warring LE/forcing LE to disband, or whether it's LE perma warring us and forcing us to disband, Perma war, forced disbandment, EZI, PZI, alliance blacklisting, none of it has any place in TE, even full round warring is pushing it, TE is supposed to be fun for all. when are we going to pull the plug on what TE is becoming and start making TE what it used to be? a fun place for all to enjoy, not just the top dogs and power brokers.