The Commonsense Revolution

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Simms' timestamp='1294558612' post='2569515']
Fallout I lol'd. All this talk of how they spout facts and they ignore the facts and logs that are thrown back in their face. They just ignore the proof and move on trying to find some other way to demonize us more. Its pretty fun to watch
[/quote]

Logs that are thrown back in our face? Oh come on now, you've only thrown one log back in our face and that really didn't prove that they never requested the permanent expulsion of a member considering the original log was the same member asking for the permanent expulsion of a member.

It's become blatantly obvious to me over the last days that the speaking skills of the membership of GOD suffers a drastic drop-off outside of Xiphosis.

[quote name='Toshiro Hitsugaya' timestamp='1294558908' post='2569519']
Well it seems like there is justice on the Planet Bob after all. I only wish it was big-joe right along with Keve69.

Good decision on all parties involved. I am glad to see a true and just resolution to a problem that could have been ended swiftly a week ago.
[/quote]

If you think this is a 'just' resolution to this issue then you might want to tell me what else you see in your protectors arse cuz your head is pretty far up there...

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1294558980' post='2569522']
It's become blatantly obvious to me over the last days that the speaking skills of the membership of GOD suffers a drastic drop-off outside of Xiphosis.
[/quote]

Well lets be honest, that's true for just about any alliance but yes, there has been some pretty dumb things said in this thread :P

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1294558386' post='2569508']
Methinks your bias is getting out of control if that's how you are reading this.

If it gets any bigger it might eat you.
[/quote]

Pot I would like you to meet kettle. I think you will get along swimmingly.

[quote name='Keve69' timestamp='1294558457' post='2569509']
You keep saying how this was 'easily solved', what you keep ignoring is that this "easy" settlement was negotiated between rogues and AiD and that later when i asked the rogues to pay what they had agreed too they told me they'd rather go for ZI. *Poof* there goes that 'easy' settlement, oh right, it was never really there. I guess that will teach AiD for negotiating with the rogues raiding them. Also, how does UINE saying: "No we aren't going to pay you money you negotiated with rogues" us bullying them in any way?
[/quote]
If you *really* felt that way, why negotiate anything at all? Why not immediately remove their masks from your forums and tell echelon/r&r/aid that they are rogues with zero connection to uine and you will not discuss the matter further? Why did you instead leave them masked beyond a "public mask" on your forums, some still with gov masks, and continue these negotiations? Why would you agree to a deal and then later not hold up your end of said deal? Why go through all of this crap if you *really* felt the image you're attempting to paint here is true?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1294559087' post='2569526']
Well lets be honest, that's true for just about any alliance but yes, there has been some pretty dumb things said in this thread :P
[/quote]
At least we can agree on that.

[quote name='EViL0nE' timestamp='1294559253' post='2569531']
If you *really* felt that way, why negotiate anything at all? Why not immediately remove their masks from your forums and tell echelon/r&r/aid that they are rogues with zero connection to uine and you will not discuss the matter further? Why did you instead leave them masked beyond a "public mask" on your forums, some still with gov masks, and continue these negotiations? Why would you agree to a deal and then later not hold up your end of said deal? Why go through all of this crap if you *really* felt the image you're attempting to paint here is true?
[/quote]

Again, why does it matter? If they're masked or not, ARE were still given the chance to do what they wanted with those nations, but that wasn't good enough for them. But, by ZIing Keve, you'll teach them a lesson!

[quote name='Keve69' timestamp='1294559076' post='2569525']
If you think this is a 'just' resolution to this issue then you might want to tell me what else you see in your protectors arse cuz your head is pretty far up there...
[/quote]

I'm only glad I got to play my part ^_^ thats all. There is an entire laundry list of things that have played out here and hopefully you realize this and have the mentality to go above and beyond and learn from your mistakes that follow:

1. You are arrogant and overconfident.
2. You are a friend to your alliance and you are certainly no leader (far from it)
3. You keep people in office who are completely incompetent and you appoint your little buddies opposed to able bodied people.
4. You messed with the wrong group of people this time ;)

I think if you can learn from the above then perhaps you can be a better leader and UINE a better alliance. I have certainly made my mistakes in the past, and I have learned from them and I believe ultimately became a better person... thus is the way all experiences should be.

If you still think your fantasy you call UINE is running perfectly and smoothly well... its time to wake up, I hope reality hits rather hard.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1294559435' post='2569534']
Again, why does it matter? If they're masked or not, ARE were still given the chance to do what they wanted with those nations, but that wasn't good enough for them. But, by ZIing Keve, you'll teach them a lesson!
[/quote]

Why does it matter if [GOVERNMENT] rogues are still members of an alliance or not? I've seen you say some pretty foolish things, SCY, but I refuse to believe you're actually that stupid. If BigZ and Mixoux go rogue tomorrow on MXCA but retain their status in GOD, but Xiph tells you to go ahead and ZI them, is that ok? Are we good there? Do you really think attempting to set that kind of precedent is a good idea?

[quote name='Toshiro Hitsugaya' timestamp='1294559602' post='2569538']
If you still think your fantasy you call UINE is running perfectly and smoothly well... its time to wake up, I hope reality hits rather hard.
[/quote]

Oh come on now, you think there is anyone in this game that thinks their alliance is running perfectly? sure they might think it's running smoothly but I highly doubt any sane persons believe their alliance is running perfectly.

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1294559839' post='2569543']
Oh come on now, you think there is anyone in this game that thinks their alliance is running perfectly? sure they might think it's running smoothly but I highly doubt any sane persons believe their alliance is running perfectly.
[/quote]
Except Roq.

[quote name='EViL0nE' timestamp='1294559728' post='2569540']
Why does it matter if [GOVERNMENT] rogues are still members of an alliance or not? I've seen you say some pretty foolish things, SCY, but I refuse to believe you're actually that stupid. If BigZ and Mixoux go rogue tomorrow on MXCA but retain their status in GOD, but Xiph tells you to go ahead and ZI them, is that ok? Are we good there? Do you really think attempting to set that kind of precedent is a good idea?
[/quote]

Actually thats just plain false, none of them were government at the time of it happening. True Matarrese still had a deputy mask but her account before this little issue had been inactive since August. We forgot about it, poor organization? Criticism taken, but masks being forgotten happen from time to time and in no ones wildest dreams should this ever lead to ZI's or ingame conflict. Never.

[quote name='EViL0nE' timestamp='1294559728' post='2569540']
Why does it matter if [GOVERNMENT] rogues are still members of an alliance or not?
[/quote]

They were masked on UINE's forums, which are theirs, not anyone else's. So who is to say who is and isn't masked on their forums?

[quote]I'm only glad I got to play my part ^_^ thats all.[/quote]

You mean your glad to air your little grudge in public again...

[quote]1. You are arrogant and overconfident.
2. You are a friend to your alliance and you are certainly no leader (far from it)
3. You keep people in office who are completely incompetent and you appoint your little buddies opposed to able bodied people.
4. You messed with the wrong group of people this time ;)[/quote]

This has zero relation to the issue at hand, glad you think I'm a friend to the people I play CN with though.

[quote name='9dj12' timestamp='1294560341' post='2569553']
They were masked on UINE's forums, which are theirs, not anyone else's. So who is to say who is and isn't masked on their forums?
[/quote]

Well do not tell us that they have been expelled and are now rogues then, because clearly if they still obtain masks it is just more spin and lies... even more lies when you are stilling dishing them technology deals. I think that is the point we are all trying to get out there.

[quote name='Keve69' timestamp='1294560078' post='2569549']
Actually thats just plain false, none of them were government at the time of it happening. True Matarrese still had a deputy mask but her account before this little issue had been inactive since August. We forgot about it, poor organization? Criticism taken, but masks being forgotten happen from time to time and in no ones wildest dreams should this ever lead to ZI's or ingame conflict. Never.
[/quote]
Really? Masks get forgotten when dealing with a group of rogues that have turned into a huge issue? That's not poor organization, it's either (a) arrogance in thinking no one will notice or (b) criminally negligent. As for it leading to ZI. What lead to YOUR ZI, as far as I can tell from my non-gov armchair, was you stating that certain things would be done... and then not doing them.

So, answer the original question. If you REALLY feel the way you say you do here, why did you take this train so far down the tracks? Why would you not immediately stop the negotiations, remove the users and be done with it?
"You have several nations attacking our nations"
You have two choices here (a) "Sorry, they were stupid and didn't check for a protection notice.. Tally your damages and we'll compensate" or (b) "I told them to peace out, they refused. They're officially rogues, removed from our AA and you are free to do with them as you will"

INSTEAD, you choose C, which is somehow a mixture of A and B with a heavy dose of arrogance thrown in. Why?

[quote name='Keve69' timestamp='1294560443' post='2569556']
You mean your glad to air your little grudge in public again...

This has zero relation to the issue at hand, glad you think I'm a friend to the people I play CN with though.
[/quote]

Correction. Those mistakes above are what lead to this. Ultimately it was your poor management, those things that I listed were just the basic components of it... I mean clearly if I was wrong you would not be up for ZI right now ...

I have no grudge whatsoever, I am glad that justice was served. I am not saying that this is exactly how I would have taken care of things ,however it is a solution. I could care less how this ended to be honest... I wished you would had agreed to the agreement that Anson made and then none of this would of ever happened at all. I hate to see anyone get ZI'ed and would wish it on no one, but few choices were left.

Secondly just a hint of advice what you are doing is still cowardly. Real leaders they take responsibility for their actions, they live with their choices they accept those choices and they become those choices... here you are still talking about how you got the mucky end of the stick.

[quote name='9dj12' timestamp='1294560341' post='2569553']
[/quote]
No one. No one has claimed they have any say in the control of UINE's forums. What WAS said, is that telling someone you have expelled members while leaving them masked on your alliance forums is not the correct path to take.

[quote name='Keve69' timestamp='1294560078' post='2569549']
We forgot about it, poor organization? Criticism taken, but masks being forgotten happen from time to time and in no ones wildest dreams should this ever lead to ZI's or ingame conflict. Never.
[/quote]

You forgot about it? Curious, that's not what your MoD seemed to imply or believe.

<EgoFreaky[RnR|Tri]> i don't see the point in keeping "rogues" masked as member at all, what's your point?
<big-joe[uine-mod]> because CN is dying an members to make up NS are hard enough to find right now

[quote name='EViL0nE' timestamp='1294560949' post='2569564']
No one. No one has claimed they have any say in the control of UINE's forums. What WAS said, is that telling someone you have expelled members while leaving them masked on your alliance forums is not the correct path to take.
[/quote]

Keve is getting ZI'd for not demasking people on his own forum. That sure sounds like someone is trying to control it.