This is not a drill

Californian

March 10th, began as a very normal day for J Andres. Richard Mercton continued his plotting for a takeover of the government from his Endor Cuidad office, Stephanie Mercton and Roger Ahmadinejad prepared for whatever he might bring them. The one thing that no one prepared for was what would happen next.

J Andres had no advance warning, no satellites to warn of an incoming warhead, no air force in the sky, and no navy on the sea.

Nothing to give the citizens any sort of warning when Providence, the largest city in J Andres, was struck by a nuclear weapon.

[center]
[img]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o29/forestfufighting/anchortimes.jpg[/img]
[size="4"]Your news source for [u]EVERYTHING[/u] J Andres! [size="1"]Occasionally[/size] Published since 1981![/size][/center]

[size=4][i][right]March 10, 2033[/right][/i][/size]

[b]PROVIDENCE[/b] – J Andres has been struck by a nuclear weapon! All citizens are urged to stay inside. Providence has suffered major damage. Those in the city have been asked to remain in their homes. Those outside of the city have been told to stay away. Early estimates show that much of the downtown business sector has been decimated, likely putting the J Andres economy in a standstill for the time being.

“I know that you want answers,” President Ahmadinejad said in a Press Conference, shortly after the attack, “Unfortunately we don’t have many. We can only assume that this was carried out by the same individuals who have attacked many other governments over the past week. From foreign news sources, we have learned that the nuclear warhead likely originated from a submarine from Monaco. Monaco is stating that the captain’s have gone ‘rogue.’”

Ahmadinejad shifted nervously as he spoke, “I would love to tell you that we have our own submarine fleet tracing the origin of the weapon. Yet again, that is not the case. With our last submarine destroyed two months ago in the riots on New Year’s Day, we have no navy.”

“We must turn our attention rather, to the task at hand,” his voice once again carried his trademark familiar bark, “We have plenty of citizens who need to be evacuated, and we will have plenty of work to do, to clean and restore Providence. Our troops, freshly out of training from Fort Farnum will be preparing to enter Providence to assess damage and rescue those who can be saved.”

“We condemn these attacks, and we will not let this deed go unpunished. At this time, however, we must focus inwards, and protect ourselves from this happening again. For those in the Endor Cuidad area, the subways are being prepared for a shelter against a second attack. Please AVOID the tunnels until after 4 PM this evening, when they should be prepared. For those in the southern area of the nation, stay in your basements, stock up on supplies, and leave your televisions on. May God watch over us.”

[center][PRIVATE DISPATCH TO NORTH AMERICAN NATIONS]
[IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o29/forestfufighting/presletterhead.png[/IMG][/center]

J Andres was recently added to the list of nations attacked by these terrorist submarines. Our military force is non-existent. Although we have troops to search Providence, none of our troops have equipment to protect them from radiation. Before we send them into the ruins, we ask any of our North American Sisters for their assistance. Any equipment suitable for our soldiers to protect them from the hell they will soon be entering, any food or water that is clean, and will soon be in short supply in J Andres. Any soldiers, experienced in dealing with nuclear zones. Any nurses or doctors, willing to volunteer their time in clinics, which will soon find themselves overworked. We ask for your help, in our greatest time of need.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[center][size="5"][u][b]Official New Cadian Announcement[/b][/u][/size][/center]

New Cadia offers any and all humanitarian assistance to the state of Monaco and the surrounding lands. We feel partially responsible as our defensive shield only managed to bring down three of the remaining four missiles fired over our land; our missile defense was a last minute stalwart effort made by the [i]Adeptus Arbites[/i] and the Imperial Guard. Likewise, we will also be sending multiple fishing trawlers into the seas surrounding Monaco to test the waters and marine wildlife for radiation sickness and contamination; a disaster such as this will, no doubt, have decades of repercussions on the ecosystems and the entire fishing industry within the Mediterranean Sea, unfortunately.

New Cadia also offers its sincere military assistance to the Athenian Federation.

[b]Classified[/b]

The island of Corsica hereby has an indefinite curfew pending on fallout crossing over the sea to the island due to winds carrying it over. 4,000 members of the Imperial Guard will be dedicated to aiding in any fallout cleanup required, along with the local [i]Adeptus Arbites[/i] chapter. All will be suited with lead-inner-lining radiation-resistant suits; they will be monitoring the streets at all times to assure the curfew is kept. All citizens are to remain in their homes and/or shelters until further order is given.

[b] Strategic Defense Control Room[/b]

[i] Sir ! Missile launches detected towards Monaco. Point of origin seems to be from Nod.

Activate Strategic Defenses, Shoot down that missile immediately [/i]

Three minutes later....

[i] Sir Satellite six has failed. All systems are down, the missiles cannot be shot down.

WHAT!!! INITIATE CODE RED CODE RED, SEND THE MESSAGE TO EVACUATE THE CITY. INFORM THE PRINCE NOW, INFORM THE NATIONAL COUNCIL, FIVE MINUTES TILL IMPACT, INFORM MARSEILLES IMMEDIATELY.

Missile payload is not known sir, Isn't Evacuating too far sir?

JUST DO WHAT I SAY [/i]

With that notices were sent to the National Council, Marseilles and the Prince. A Notice was sent to the Athens Embassy in Monte Carlo informing them of the missiles being launched towards Monte Carlo.

[b] Monte Carlo [/b]
The Centre of Monte Carlo was bustling with activity after a two months of Emergency before the Loud speakers started [i] Code Red Code Red [/i] The City became still for a second before realizing what was just announced, everyone started evacuating the way the government had told them to. But before they could move very far they were all dead. Over four million dead in an instant. For 3 seconds where great towers once stood all that could be seen was a fireball 300 metres wide. The last thing that could be heard was a baby crying before silence engulfed the city. All that was left of this once great city was some bodies and rubble.

[b] Remains of Monte Carlo[/b]

All communication in and out Monte Carlo was cut. A search party was sent from Marseilles and once they reached Monte Carlo they informed the Prince at to what had happened, nothing was left of the city, and no one could possibly be alive after that missile.

A message was sent to Monaco's allies telling them of this disaster and a conference was set up for the afternoon where the Prince would be addressing what remains of the nation

Edited by Sir Keshav IV

Deep in the Appalachian Mountains in West Virginia, Emperor Harland was hunched over, staring up at the world map in front of him. Red areas marked where nukes had hit, while yellow areas marked the areas where the subs who launched this missiles could be. That yellow area was expanding by the hour. Korea, England, the Holy American Empire, Nod, Monaco… and J Andres. The last one hurt the Emperor most of all. Their satellites had seen the missile coming. They had thought the target was York City. They had been wrong. The missile had skimmed just outside of the Empire’s territorial waters around Long Island and slammed into J Andres. The military personnel stationed on the massive island fortress could only watch in horror as they saw the missile streak down.

“Commander, damage reports.”

“Providence is practically destroyed, sir. No word yet on casualties.” Harland looked back. The Holy American Empire could take care of itself. Korea had refused all aid. England would probably shoot any messenger that came their way. Nod had just pulled an idiotic move and Monaco was… well, probably wiped off the map.

“Sir, two more nuclear strikes! They hit the ocean where the missile launched at Nod came from.”

“My god… they’re nuking the oceans?” The Emperor bowed his head again. One thing he had always promised was that the Empire would never again come to an end on his watch. What he couldn’t have seen, or comprehended, is that the world may come to an end on his watch.

“Orders, sir?”

“Evacuate all major cities. Anything with a population over 40,000, get the people out. I want ten mile radiuses around all major cities clear of civilians. Start broadcasting on all civilian channels that all non-essential personnel are to leave immediately, and prepare to camp on the highways until the end of this worldwide crisis. Tell them to pull their cars on to the side of the road to allow military passage still. We’ll work to provide them with food and water as we can, but tell them to take all they can carry.”

“Sir, what about the homeless in each of those cities?”

“Get them into the subway systems if available. If not, have public transport try to get them out. I want our cities clear in 48 hours, Commander. Make it happen.”

“Yes, sir.” Harland turned to a smaller video screen in front of him, where the grizzled, worried face of Arthur Sinclair Jr. looked back at him.

“Do we have the resources to do this, Michael?”

“We should have done this hours ago, Arthur. Are you safe?”

“I am indeed, sir.”

“And the Queen?”

“She is safe with me.”

“Excellent.”

“Sir, forgive me for asking, but what of J Andres?”

“I’ll get to that, Arthur. For now, make sure the provisional government is in place. And hope that fate smiles warmly upon us.”

[b]**PUBLIC BROADCAST**[/b]

FLASH: ALL CITIZENS ARE TO EVACUATE ALL MAJOR CITIES IMMEDIATELY. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. BY ORDER OF THE EMPEROR, ALL MAJOR CITIES ARE TO BE EVACUATED WITHIN THE NEXT 48 HOURS. THOSE WITHOUT THE MEANS TO TRANSPORT THEMSELVES FROM THEIR CITIES, PLEASE PROCEED TO YOUR NEAREST PUBLIC TRANSPORT STATION AND WAIT FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS. THOSE WITH MEANS OF TRANSPORT ARE TO GATHER ALL THE FOOD AND WATER THEY CAN CARRY AND LEAVE IMMEDIATELY. CITIZENS ARE TO GO AT LEAST TEN MILES FROM CITY OUTSKIRTS BEFORE STOPPING. PLEASE CAMP ALONG THE SIDES OF INTERSTATES, LEAVING THE CENTER FOR MILITARY PASSAGE. MILITARY AND CIVILIAN LAW ENFORCEMENT WILL ASSIST IN THE EVACUATION. THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL. REPEAT… ALL CITIZENS ARE TO EVACUATE…

[b]**MILITARY ORDERS**[/b]

ALL MILITARY LEAVES ARE HEREBY CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY. ALL RESERVES ARE HEREBY CALLED TO ACTIVE DUTY. NATIONAL DEFCON LEVEL RAISED TO 2. ALL TROOPS ARE TO ASSUME COMBAT READINESS AND PREPARE FOR POSSIBLE TRAVEL INTO NUCLEAR/CHEM/BIO ZONES.

THE 5TH AND 6TH ARMIES WILL PROVIDE HUMANITARIAN RELIEF TO J ANDRES. THEY WILL DEPLOY FROM LONG ISLAND WITH APPROPRIATE SUPPLIES IMMEDIATELY, INCLUDING CLEAN WATER, FOOD, SHELTERS, RADIOLOGICAL EQUIPMENT, EARTHMOVERS, AND POTASSIUM IODIDE. THE 1ST INTERCEPTOR WING WILL PROVIDE AIR COVER FOR THE OPERATIONS.

ALL OTHER ARMIES AT HOME ARE TO DON RADIOLOGICAL GEAR AND ASSIST IN THE EVACUATION OF ALL MAJOR CITIES. CIVILIAN LAW ENFORCEMENT WILL ALSO ASSIST IN THIS TASK. CIVILIAN LAW ENFORCEMENT WILL BE PRIMARILLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OPERATION OF PUBLIC TRANSPORT AND THE ENFORCEMENT OF THE TEN MILE RADIUS BORDER. MILITARY WILL HELP WITH ENFORCEMENT AS NEEDED.

ALL OVERSEAS TROOPS ARE TO ASSUME RADIOLOGICAL PROTOCAL BETA, AND MOVE TO DEFON 2 IF NOT ALREADY THERE.

THE 2ND AND 4TH FLEETS WILL LEAVE PORT TO PROTECT FROM DAMAGE. THE 5TH FLEET WILL MOVE TO THE ARE IN THE SOUTH ATLANTIC WHERE THE ROGUE SUBS ARE SUSPECTED TO BE OPERATING FROM AND WORK WITH ANY OTHER INTERNATIONAL FORCES TO EXTERMINATE THEM WITH EXTREME PREDJUDICE. THE 1ST FLEET IN THE PACIFIC IS ALSO HAS SHOOT TO KILL ORDERS FOR THE SUBMARINES THERE.

[B]**PUBLIC STATEMENT TO J ANDRES**[/b]

When granted your land, the Empire said that we would protect you and provide for you should hard times ever befall your nation. We can hardly think of a harder time than the situation that currently presents itself before us.

From Long Island, the Empire is deploying the 5th and 6th Armies, a full compliment of 120,000 troops and their vehicles, to assist in the cleanup of J Andres. These troops come equipped with full radiological gear, along with clean water, food, shelters, supplies, potassium iodide, and spare radiological suits for your workers. The 1st Interceptor Wing will provide air cover and security in your nation’s skies during this operation. The first troops can be expected in a few hours. Aircraft should be overhead within the hour.

We want you to know we are not taking this attack lightly. Even as we speak, our hunter/killer submarine wolfpack squadron is departing into the Atlantic to hunt down the perpetrators of this act.

[b]**ON LONG ISLAND**[/b]

As the alarms rang out once again, Commandant David Atkinson knew that York City hadn’t been hit. But the call to battle stations didn’t surprise him either. The world had gone mad. It only remained to be seen how many people died before it was all over.

David pulled his black flight suit on, running for the hanger where the Black Knights had their craft stored. Normally the squadron would meet before heading into the air, but Emperor Harland had called him personally and said he wanted the Black Knights over J Andres on the double. Their plan would have to be formulated on the fly, so to speak.

“Commandant!” David turned to see two younger figures running towards him, helmets in hand. He instantly recognized his children, and his hardened face softened. Just last week they had both graduated from flight school, and were now both Flight Officers in the Imperial Air Force. He was sure their mother would have been proud, but she hadn’t been there. “Commandant, let us go with you.” Alice, the older of the twins, pleaded with him, her eyes wide. She wanted to help, they both did. David sighed as he looked over their flight suits and helmets. Standard issue grey, with bright shiny new wings. Both their helmets were new as well, though they had their callsigns emblazoned on the front over the forehead. Alice’s said “Triple A”, a reference to her name, Alice Atkinson-Asgeirsson, and Advanced Anti-Aircraft fire, which during training simulations she showed a penchant for avoiding. Thomas’ said “Chuckles”, a reference to Tom Dobbs, whom he was named after, and his former career as a comedian.

“Permission denied, Flight Officers. You haven’t been assigned squadrons yet, which means no aircraft for you. We can’t have you taking another pilot’s plane.”

“But Dad…” David shot his son a look, which made him shut his mouth and start again. “Commandant, can’t we do something?”

“You can to do something, Flight Officer? Head to the control room and help coordinate the 1-IW’s actions over J Andres. That’s how you can help. Dismissed.” David tossed them both a salute, which they each reluctantly returned. As he turned to leave again, he was stopped once more.

“Dad… is mom safe?” The question halted him in his tracks as he turned to look at Alice, the near spitting image of her mother and David’s ex-wife.

“Yes, Alice. She is safe. Now move.” David lingered only a moment to watch his children turn and run towards the control room. David frowned for a moment and spun on his heel and sprinted towards his plane.

[center][b]Announcement Regarding the situation in Monte Carlo [/b][/center][center][b]
[/b][/center][left][b]
[/b][/left][left]Albert II, Prince of Monaco had set up this conference in Marseilles to address what remains of the once proud Principality. [/left][left]
[/left][left][i] People of Monaco,[/left][left]
[/left][left]Our serene capital Monte Carlo was attacked earlier by a Nuclear Weapon which was launched from the Nation of Nod. We have had our problems these few past months, the lowest we as a nation have had to face. We have had to face our Naval officers going rogue, Those officers launching these nuclear weapons at nations in the world and ourselves being attacked by such a weapon by a nation. We have so far stated we would help any nation that has been nuked by the rogue submarines. Yet the Nation of Nod took it upon themselves to create more bloodshed of innocents who had nothing to do with what had happened. [/left][left]
[/left][left]We have accepted the responsibility of the rogue attacks but this is to much. Today we lost four million civilians, a full city and nearly a complete culture. The Monegasque once nearly five million in number today are no more then eight hundred thousand. We have lost our city, our homeland but not our will power. Our will power to succeed as a nation during these turbulent times. We have lost our full National Council, I have survived because of the inauguration of the expansion of our state owned enterprises to other parts of the world. We will survive these times and move forward, our allies have been great enough to support us and for that we are indebted to you. We will lose no more, we will only grow stronger. [/left][left]
[/left][left]As of now Hamilton, Bermuda shall be the administrative capital of Monaco while we rebuild Monte Carlo. Our course of action in regards to the Nation of Nod will be announced shortly. We will not let this crime go without justice being done. We are thankful to Holy American Empire, England and every other nation who has been attacked by the rogue submarines for not taking the drastic step of hurting our civilians, we will still uphold our earlier stance. Whichever Naval High Command Officers that have been arrested in Marseilles shall be brought forward for an international trial and we will pay the damages towards the cities attacked by the rogue officers. Nation of Nod we hope those who launched this attack will be brought to justice or else rot in hell. [/left][left]
[/left][left]May our brothers and sisters rest in peace. [/i][/left][left]
[/left][left]
[/left][left]
[/left][left] [/left][left] [/left][center][b]
[/b][/center]

A burst transmission would be sent to the world.

[code]If you had the power, would you go back in time to kill Genghis Khan? Would you deliver a vaccination for the black death?

What if this power required you to slaughter an innocent man? Would the millions of lives saved excuse this grave sin?

What if you were to murder ten, twenty, a hundred? A thousand?

Our nation did nothing to Monaco, except arrange the meeting between you and your Gods, to atone for this grave sin against humanity.

Whether through incompetence, or malice, your armed forces are responsible for tens of millions of lives.

Did you really expect to go unpunished? To remedy all these deaths with 'sorry'? Do you think we are afraid of your allies, of victims without the gall

or the resolve to met out the fruits of your labor? We have done the world a great service. The dead have their revenge on Monaco, and have been given

a crucible on which to enact their own sense of 'justice'. We are that crucible, and we relish the thought of slaughtering any who would stand in the way of

our righteous fury.

We have annihilated Monaco. They are insignificant to us now militarily.

However,

Monaco will dismantle its military at once, and shall not build more nuclear weapons in the near future.

Monaco will cease military action against the nations of Nod, the HAE, J Andres, England and Korea.

Monaco will dissolve the government that allowed this grave injustice to occur in the first place.

Monaco will give power to a new government of its choosing, but must yield to periodical inspections by international observers on both a civilian, government

and military capacity.

Failure to comply with these edicts will force this war to continue on a conventional level. The Militant Order Under the Executive Ministry will not use nuclear weapons

unless another First Strike is inflicted on our Nation.

We await your intentions.[/code]

Edited by Executive Minister

The nation of Grassy Plains N Such is absolutely [i]shocked[/i] at the outcomes of these attacks. The military has been sent to DEFCON 1 and aid packages are being readied to be sent to Nod immediately if they require it and anywhere else devastated by these attacks.

The Nods military actions are in question, but understandable. If Nairobi or any of our other major cities were nuked we would react much in the same way. Especially if our leader died in those attacks. Support for them militarily is in question at the moment, but any humanitarian aid will be sent immediately upon request.

Private to Nod:
"My friends in the Nation of Nod if we have any left, we are prepared to support you through thick and thin including this affair and up to all out nuclear war. Whether or not you want our support is our question."
- Abraham Lincoln

President Ahmadinejad remained at Fort Farnum. The Royal Family had went underground, as had many governmental members, but he and the rest of military command had taken up command at Fort Farnum. "I'm glad we just finished this situation room," he chuckled lightly. No one was quite in the mood for a joke.

This was by far the worst attack on J Andres in it's history. The Maritime Republic had seen some humiliating military defeats, but never an attack on citizens quite like this one.

Michael Annan, the Minister of War and Defense broke the silence, "We have the earliest casualty estimates," he said slowly. The entire room slowly rose their head to face him, bracing for the number. "Anywhere from 150 to 300...thousand."

The silence filled the room, making it uncomfortable. Providence only had a population of 170 thousand. However, being the center of business, certainly a good portion of the nation was at work for the day when the attack occurred. (OOC: We are using RL Rhode Island Population, with some modifications)

"I'm not saying those numbers on the TV," the President barked, "We need inspirational stuff right now."

A technician in the corner of the room shouted out, "We have military assistance from Pravus Inguro and Idaho-Montana. 120,000 from Pravus Inguro and an additional 50,000 out of Idaho-Montana."

"This is good news," the President said, almost cheerfully. "Make sure that we have video footage of their armed forces in the sky, and on the ground. See to it that their commanders are welcomed here in Fort Farnum, and get our soldiers to work alongside their units. Everyone loves North American camaraderie."

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1294342433' post='2566107']
[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=96591]Continued from this[/url]

-snip-
[/quote]

[b]Encrypted Message to Tranquil Lake Participants:[/b]
Tracing the flight paths of two missiles aimed at Korea back to their point of origin, we have determined at least one submarine is present in the south-western Pacific between New Guinea and Micronesia. Updates will follow as soon as we have more information.

[b]305th Remote Squadron Air Base, Australia Protectorate[/b]
[i]Predator-C UAV launched from New Guinea airfield[/i]

"Last sonobouy dropped, Major, target area's now fenced in but all I've got left is a couple of hellfires-not much good if the buoys locate the sub."

"I know, orders are to remain on station above the target just in case though. The 139th is scrambling a flight of F-22s armed for anti-submarine warfare from Tazmania, they should on their way soon with some firepower. In the meantime, stay alert for any signs of a wake or that the submarine is near the surface."

"Yes sir."

"SecDev's just called from Manila, Lieutenant Rincón. The sonobouys picked up what appears to be a submarine-not allied by the looks of the silhouette-heading east at 130m down from the launch point. I'm forwarding the coordinates to you now, your orders are to remain above the target vessel's location; the F-22s are still fifteen minutes out."

[b]F-22 Cockpit, approximately 1,000km northeast of New Guinea[/b]

"AS139 01045, Lieutenant II Segovia radioing RS305 command. We are 30 seconds out from your bird's position."

"Lieutenant Rincón here, roger that. Manilla says the sub's moved beyond the range of my sonobouys-hope you've brought some more."

"Sonobouys, MADs, torpoedos, depthcharges-you name it, my squadron's got it. Clear they air and we'll take care of this submarine for you, no problem."

"Major Iglesias of the 305th Remote Squadron here, Lieutenant Segovia. Before your boys get too trigger happy, remember Beijing wants the submarine's crew alive. Destroy the submarine if they resist, but warning shots first."

"Yes, sir, Major. On station in 3.. 2.. 1.. Sonobouy one away.. Sonobouy two away.. Sonobouy three away.. Is Manila still on the line Major?"

"They are, Lieutenant Segovia. Sonobouys have hit the water and established a satellite uplink, Manila's examining their readings now. Loop your birds back around on a depth charge attack vector, you're cleared to drop a warning charge as soon as Manila gives the go ahead."

"Roger, Major, adopting an attack vector." Pause. "Approaching the drop point, your order Major?"

"Jury's still out in Manila, remain on attack vector and make a second pass Lieutenant."

"Copy."

Pause.

"Manila's confirmed the signature as a nuclear powered, guided missile submarine believed to be operated by Monaco, Lieutenant. Proceed with a warning charge."

"Charge away, sir, how long do we give 'em?"

"Pretty difficult to miss a depth charge dead ahead of you, even if you have been stuck in a tin can for a few months. If Manila doesn't report they're surfacing within five minutes, start dropping torpedos."

"That's what I like to hear, sir."

[b]Encrypted Message to Tranquil Lake Participants:[/b]
Selenarctan Air Force units have engaged a submarine approximately 1,000km northwest of New Guinea. A warning shot has issued and we await the submarine's response.

EDIT: Grammar
EDIT 2: Corrected distances
EDIT 3: Spelling...

Edited by iKrolm

In anticipation of the Revolutionary Federation's new education program, members of the Revolutionary Council were conducting public relations tours of French schools. That fateful morning Richard Bélanger, Minister of Defense and Marshal of Lyon, was visiting [i]l'Ecole des petits Champignons[/i], a preschool in the Lyonnaise suburbs. At 9AM, they began reading a picture book popular among the students [i]Ma Chèvre de Compagnie[/i].

Though they had read it many times before, the children totally ignored the strange visitors and cameras in their class and listened intently to their teacher. The Marshal of Lyon, on the other hand, tried to hide a yawn from the cameras by coughing into his sleeve. The teacher's over-affecting enthusiasm was driving him insane. Just as the goat was being expelled from the household by the girl in the story's parents, fate delivered Bélanger from the story's putridity.

"Comrade Bélanger," said one of his aides whispering in his ear, "the country is under attack."

Marshal Bélanger leaped from his chair, "HOLY !@#$@#$ !@#$!" The children looked up in shock at Bélanger.

"It's OK," piped little Jacques Mercier, "the goat comes back later."

"Excuse me kids," said Bélanger bowing to the teacher, "but I have to go."

"HOLY !@#$@#$ !@#$!" shouted little Sylvie Latourelle.

----------------------

In the attack on Monaco, several nearby French villages including the larger commune of Roqueburne-Cap-Martin, were also hit by the blast resulting in approximately 10,000 deaths.

Disaster response teams were rushed to the area to assess the damage and assist the people affected. The government of Monaco was contacted to co-ordinate clean-up efforts [ooc] and this technical !@#$ is so uninteresting that that's about all I want to write.

In an emergency session of the Assembly of the People an interesting bill would be proposed.

[center][quote][b]Purchase of Bonds in the Principality of Monaco

[/b][left]Recognizing the global situation and the financial condition of the Principality of Monaco, we the people of the Athenian Federation hereby propose the purchase of bonds in the Principality of Monaco.

As such, we the people, request the Ministry of Finances to purchase the amount of bonds required for Monaco to be able to cover 90% of their owed repairs to foreign states. Likewise we ban the Ministry of Finances to sell the mentioned bonds until Monaco has sufficiently recovered.[/quote]

[left]Aye: 4567
Nay: 34
Abstain: 399

The law has passed and requests to purchase the obligations from Monaco issued
[/left][/left][/center]

Edited by Centurius

Once RA satellites noticed the Nodic vessels moving around the Cape of Good Hope, three CVBGs would immediately be ordered back towards Gibraltar, in order to defend what may be a possible Nodic intrusion or attack. In addition, the SAG currently stationed in the Middle-East would be launched and sent towards Gibraltar, to patrol the Med's side of the Straits.

[b]**IN THE AIR OVER J ANDRES**[/b]

“Commandant Atkinson, this is Air Force Headquarters North, do you read?” The Commandant pulled his eyes off of the destruction of Providence below him to key his radio.

“Loud and clear, North. What have you got for me?”

“A request from the J Andres government, sir. They wish for you, Field General Marshall, and Field General Peppers to meet them at their Fort Farnum. Apparently there will be press there, sir. You may want to prepare yourself.”

“Roger that, North. Thanks for the warning.” Sighing, David switched his mic over to the Wing-wide frequency. “Alright, boys, my presence has been requested on the ground. Command of the Wing will transfer over to Commander Eckley in my absence. Rotate back to Long Island in shifts for fuel. And no mistakes. We are the inspiration for these people right now.” David then shifted his mic over to an open frequency.

“This is Commandant David K. Atkinson of the Imperial Air Force. Requesting permission for Interceptor Squadron One to land at Fort Farnum as requested, over.”

[quote name='graniteknight' timestamp='1294552510' post='2569370']
At the call for assistance from the government of J Andres. General Hiram Blount took off from Boise, UKIM and flew in his private jet along with his military guards and staff to the nation of J Andres and in specific the city of Providence.
[/quote]

As they approached the airspace of the Empire, the plane from the UKIM was ordered to turn around, citing the poor relations between the two countries. Failure to do so would result in the plane being shot down.

OOC: What the hell SMH, J Andres wants us there and you refuse me?
IC: A new flight plan has been set up after the denial of airspace by the Empire of Pravus Ingruo. The diplomatic flight would fly from The Kingdom of Ursalia through Pyotoh through the sea, avoid the airspace of both Disparu and Nunavut so as to not cause controversy. Land in Labrador to refuel and then fly from Labrador into J Andres using a route which avoids violating other nation's airspaces.

Edited by graniteknight

[quote name='graniteknight' timestamp='1294555262' post='2569450']
OOC: What the hell SMH, J Andres wants us there and you refuse me?
IC: A diplomatic message labelled private was sent to J Andres detailing how the leadership of the UKIM wished to be on the ground helping the clean up themselves but due to unforeseen circumstances this would be impossible.
[/quote]

OOC: Regardless of circumstances, my IC stance remains the same. To change it would be a violation of the OOC/IC line.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1294342433' post='2566107']
[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=96591]Continued from this[/url]

The Patrol Craft 10 was flying over the frigid waves of the North Pacific when a faint magnetic signature began to come into view. "Beihai air central, we have a magnetic signature, its not one of ours or one of our allies." the craft captain said cross checking it against the information of the major Pacific naval powers (UFE, Greater Pacifica, Selenarctos, Ursalia).

"Roger, move in and use the thermoscope, if its a nuclear reactor, you are clear to force it to surface."

"Confirmed control, moving towards the target, estimated time to thermoscope range: twenty minutes."

A transmission was sent to the Admiralty which had been operating in Tranquil Lake, that they had located a potential target.

A combined naval/ coast guard squadron of littoral combat ships and fast hydrofoils was deployed from Fort Beihai towards the target area so that helicopters would be in range to conduct a boarding part to inspect the submarine once the P-8 was moving towards getting it to surface.

Soon a thermoscope would confirm a nuclear reactor thermal signature, however faint. "Missile one away." the fire control officer said.

A two stage missile was launched into the sea, upon hitting the ocean a torpedo was released from the missile, it was sent with a high explosive proximity detonation charge as it approached the submarine causing an area effect explosion which would rock the submarine forcing it to surface or take a direct hit from the aircrafts weapons.

Meanwhile a transmission was sent to the rest of the Tranquil Lake participants.
[/quote]

[b]SOMEWHERE IN THE PACIFIC[/b]

Captaine Jacques-Louis took action as soon as he realized he and his men were in trouble. Having heard the news that Captaine Zootzoot and his submarine had been destroyed in the North Atlantic, Jacques-Louis realized the subs were being systematically hunted, and it was likely one of the naval powers in the Pacific was closing in on their trail.

Before ordering his submarine to dive further, he nodded to the Weapons Control Officer who pressed a tempting large red button. Seconds later two large ICBMs emerged from the top of the submarine, rushing to escape the water and push into the atmosphere. But where were these nuclear warheads headed? Jacques-Louis wanted to send a warning to the nations that were most likely to be pursuing him and his men. One of the missiles had a trajectory to Vancouver, Ursalia. The other had been aimed at the UFE, but due to an error within the firing program, the missile was accidentally launched towards the city of Telmana in the Marscurian Siberia.

After launching the missiles the submarine immediately started diving. The Captaine would credit this as the fact they weren't killed when the explosion went off. It had exploded above them, close enough to put stress on the submarine and cause the crew to say a few Hail Marys, but far enough to stop the sub from taking any life-threatening damage.

OOC: Note, airburst in middle of the cities. Thanks.

Edited by Californian

Upon hearing of their friends in Marscurian Siberia being nuked the United Kingdom of Idaho-Montana pledged 10 billion dollars in aid to the nation. In addition, National Construction Inc. a subsidiary of JAS Construction would be put on alert, ready to send workers immediately to the nation in order to help with reconstruction when the threat of radiation had subsided.