This is not a drill

Californian

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Margrave' timestamp='1294866762' post='2573396']
Secure Message: embedded in this message is the coordinates of Camp Marian, as well as map files showing flight routes and convoy routes we have been using. We thank you for your kindness.
[/quote]

OOC: Knowing that I own RL Sudan and Ethiopia, would it be possible to post exactly where you want Camp Marian to be? I find the CN map function is more than adequate for my uses.

[quote name='J Andres' timestamp='1294584440' post='2569704']
One of the radio technicians yelled out, "We have a commander from the Pravus Inguo Air Force wanting to land, sir. What do we tell them."

Minister Annan and President Ahmadinejad stared at each other blankly. Constructing an air base was on the list of things to do, but something that hadn't yet been done, and Fort Farnum needed plenty more work before they before they repaired the single strip out back. The only true air landing strip in the nation would have been at the airport, which was too far away considering the urgency, especially since they would need to drive around Providence instead of through it.

"Clear him for landing," Minister Annan finally said, "Let him know it might be a bumpy landing..."

"Light up the runway," the Ahmadinejad barked, "The lights still work, right?"

"Most of them," someone else replied.

Ahmadinejad shook his head, "It'll have to do."
[/quote]

"Strap it in, Knights. This could get a little bumpy." David focused himself as he steered himself towards the few lights lining the single strip. His wheels touched the ground and then bounced as he hit a rut. Killing his engine, David managed to settle down relatively well, and the rest of the Knights landed behind him with little or no trouble. They parked their planes near the end of the strip over on a side and started to disembark from their aircraft, ready to let Atkinson deal with whatever press was present at the fort. If the Commandant was needed right away by the leadership of the Maritime Republic, then Captain Celchu would take over the press.

[b]50 miles southeast of Port Asbestos, Hudson[/b]

It was the beginning of another day behind the frontlines for the soldiers of the 10th Infantry Battalion at Camp Redwall. Soldiers were going about, starting their day which at first seemed like any ordinary day. The mess hall was packed with hungry troopers busy eating their breakfast. The sound of distant gunfire, planes and helicopters flying over, rockets and missiles screaming into the ground, and explosions in the background were a constant reminder that the country was now locked in a Civil War.

Upon eating his breakfast, Private First Class Tony Baron turned on his radio to hear the daily morning news. It was the usual: weather and traffic reports in Stuttgart, the largest city in the north of Hudson, controlled by the forces loyal to Kaiser Wilhelm. Then, however, the news broadcaster interrupted his reports by suddenly announcing the recent rogue nuclear attacks on Nod, the Holy American Empire, Korea, England, Marscurian Siberia, and J Andres, as well as the nuclear retaliation against Monaco by Nod.

Baron's reaction was the simple uttering of two words: "Holy !@#$"

Indeed, the news quickly spread across the entire unit, as well as all those on both sides of the Civil War.

Upon reaching word of the nuclear attacks, Kaiser Wilhelm promptly said "My God, this is a nightmare!" and ordered a day of mourning across the Loyalist-held territory be held for those who lost their lives in the attacks. Many people in the Bismarkist-held south did the same. However, Chancellor Bismark, upon receiving word of what happened, snorted "So what? As long as none of the missiles strike our country or at least strike nearby and affect us, I could care less about these attacks!"

The Kaiser at once sent a message to all nations affected by the nuclear attacks:

[quote]TO: All nations affected by attacks

I am deeply saddened by these sudden nuclear strikes and the millions of lives lost around the world as a result of them. However, due to the fact that my country is locked in civil war, I cannot send aid or help of any kind until it ends. But that doesn't mean we won't ignore what has happened. We will mourn this tragedy, and will pray that the monsters responsible for this are brought to justice.[/quote]

• 3 weeks later...