Joint Poison Clan - iFOK Announcement

Derwood1

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1292969652' post='2548744']
Except you're wrong. NEW [i]did[/i] request that PC and iFOK (and FEAR and WFF for that matter) not enter.

Pulled that one right out of your ass, eh?
[/quote]

Maybe, but then this seems odd:

[quote name='gantanX' timestamp='1292901190' post='2547440']To our allies at PC and iFOK as i told you guys on Private, it's OK i understand, dont worry.[/quote]

Freudian slip?

Edited by RePePe

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1292970695' post='2548763']
You're really reading too much into what I'm saying. I'm not going after anyone atm and ITT, then NEW themselves. Seams like a crummy thing to do, do give half your allies a waiver, and then ask two others to throw themselves under the buss.
[/quote]
I was not talking about NEW here.

Don't you think it is possible that FEAR and WFF just went in [i]regardless[/i] of what NEW may have said?
At least, that's what I understood from their DoWs.

Except you're wrong. NEW [i]did[/i] request that PC and iFOK (and FEAR and WFF for that matter) not enter.

[/quote]

Nah. I pulled it from here:

[quote name='gantanX' timestamp='1292901190' post='2547440']
...To our allies at PC and iFOK as i told you guys on Private, it's OK i understand, dont worry. Thank you for all the effort during the negotiation we appreciate that, now leave this to us, we'll burn those !@#$%^&* alive...[/quote]

Granted, it requires a tiny bit of reading between the lines, but the inference in clear that PC and iFOK told NEW that they would not enter on NEW's behalf. Otherwise, why would gantanX tell them not to worry about their failure to enter? If NEW had been the one telling them to sit out, there would be no need to say "as i told you guys on Private, it's OK i understand, dont worry".

Of course, I realize that you have an interest in maintaining the spin on this issue.....

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1292969281' post='2548736']
Heh, I knew this one was coming. Grub's peace offer was basically for PC and \m/ to acknowledge that Polar had a right to dictate to us what we were and weren't allowed to do regarding an unprotected AA. I've never regretted refusing that offer. NEW was very clearly attacking a protected AA and PC and iFOK shouldn't be expected to cause massive problems for every other one of their allies by jumping onto the fire that NEW set for itself.
[/quote]

honestly, if you are going to go that route, then the treaty should have been an oDoAP no an [b]M[/b]DoAP.

[quote name='General Scipio' timestamp='1292969664' post='2548745']
Are you seriously arguing that it's better to have all your allies burn over ones retarded move than to just let the one that made the stupid choice deal with the consequeces of their own stupidity?
[/quote]

so you are saying that none of the rest of your allies have done or will do anything stupid? can't wait for them to do so and for ya'll to let them burn as well.

[/quote]

I am curious though. Why did NEW tell their most powerful allies to stay out while letting the others come in and kill eachother? I mean, this war reveals a whole new level of stupidity, but this is a bit too much even though it's christmas.

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1292971200' post='2548776']

Granted, it requires a tiny bit of reading between the lines, but the inference in clear that PC and iFOK told NEW that they would not enter on NEW's behalf. Otherwise, why would gantanX tell them not to worry about their failure to enter? If NEW had been the one telling them to sit out, there would be no need to say "as i told you guys on Private, it's OK i understand, dont worry".

Of course, I realize that you have an interest in maintaining the spin on this issue.....
[/quote]

You can "read between the lines", aka interpret others' words the way you want, or you can base your position on proof (in this case logs), as I have done (and yes, I understand uninvolved parties likely don't have access to said logs).

I'm sure if NEW would be clearer they would confirm it as well. In the meantime, feel free to continue accusing me of spinning events while you work in overdrive.

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='Tromp' timestamp='1292971498' post='2548787']
Look a couple posts further, y'all:
[/quote]

Yeah, was a rather feeble effort to recover from a rather tremendous gaffe. I am sure that neither PC or iFOK were all that happy about him blowing gigantic holes in the lie that was inherent in their OP.

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1292971700' post='2548792']
Yeah, was a rather feeble effort to recover from a rather tremendous gaffe. I am sure that neither PC or iFOK were all that happy about him blowing gigantic holes in the lie that was inherent in their OP.
[/quote]
Indeed, we should all believe your speculation over this leader's own word.

Good call!

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1292971615' post='2548790']
You can "read between the lines", aka interpret others' words the way you want, or base your position on proof (in this case, logs), as I have done (and yes, I understand uninvolved parties likely don't have access to said logs).

I'm sure if NEW would be clearer they would confirm it as well. In the meantime, feel free to continue accusing me of spinning events while you work in overdrive.
[/quote]
I love secret logs that prove an alliances already public side of the story but will not be shown to anyone. They are my favourite.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1292971488' post='2548786']
I am curious though. Why did NEW tell their most powerful allies to stay out while letting the others come in and kill eachother? I mean, this war reveals a whole new level of stupidity, but this is a bit too much even though it's christmas.
[/quote]

They requested all four not come to their aid. You can't exactly prevent or "let" others come to your aid, it's at their discretion.

[/quote]
Yeah that contextless snippet from a non-native English speaker is certainly all the proof I need to ignore everything else said to the contrary!

Or perhaps it meant "Don't worry about all of the call-outs on the OWF", or "Don't worry about that $20 bucks you owe me."

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1292971235' post='2548778']
so you are saying that none of the rest of your allies have done or will do anything stupid? can't wait for them to do so and for ya'll to let them burn as well.
[/quote]
One thing I expect from my allies is that if they do something stupid they try to make amends rather than jumping headlong in a war that will force me to fight my friends. Maybe I hold my allies to higher standards than you.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1292971853' post='2548798']
They requested all four not come to their aid. You can't exactly prevent or "let" others come to your aid, it's at their discretion.
[/quote]

Right, you can not have others come aid you for everything you do

Edited by RebelBreeze

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1292971200' post='2548776']

[/quote]
Great try, but look at Tromp's post.

We did what you guys did when NSO asked you not to stick your nose in.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1292971774' post='2548795']
I love secret logs that prove an alliances already public side of the story but will not be shown to anyone. They are my favourite.
[/quote]

They're not secret if NEW, PC, iFOK, PC/iFOK allies, FEAR, WFF, and presumably FEAR/WFF allies (as well as anyone else that they've leaked to) have authored or seen them.

I love though how you interpret and twist others' words so that they prove your viewpoint. How convenient!

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1292971615' post='2548790']
You can "read between the lines", aka interpret others' words the way you want, or you can base your position on proof (in this case logs), as I have done (and yes, I understand uninvolved parties likely don't have access to said logs).

[/quote]

As the string said to the top, "Spin, baby, SPIN!" The only problem is that the spin is just a bit too obvious and the words of the involved party give lie to it. You can try to play the ESL card all you want, but NEW's posts, while grammatically challenged at times, are generally quite cogent. As was gantanX's statement.

[/quote]
If you were an interpreter at the UN Iran and North Korea would've been nuked to bits years ago.

Think what you want, just don't spread it as an absolute truth.

edit: did you see what my non-native English brains did thar?

Edited by erikz

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1292971853' post='2548798']
[/quote]
Only a request? they jumped at it I bet. They wiped their brow and said phew, this "request" gives a way to get out of defending our ally

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1292972264' post='2548814']
Only a request? they jumped at it I bet. They wiped their brow and said phew, this "request" gives a way to get out of defending our ally
[/quote]
If I as a friend of you (just TRY to imagine this) say to you, "let's jump off this bridge!!". Would you tell me that it is a bad idea, or will you follow me?

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1292972214' post='2548812']
You can try to play the ESL card all you want, but NEW's posts, while grammatically challenged at times, are generally quite cogent. As was gantanX's statement.
[/quote]

"I understand your position" (an ambiguous statement, paraphrased), interpreted as meaning they were told they wouldn't be defended, is clearer than "You will not be called on to defend us" (a concise statement, also paraphrased)? Heh, you're not very good at this.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1292972264' post='2548814']
[/quote]
Prove it.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1292972719' post='2548818']
If I have a document that says we jump off bridges together, the bridge was not really that high and lived in a painless world where death was almost impossible & only honouring our word counted then yes I would.
[/quote]
Every time you take a simple analogy and add more details to try and make it fit your point while adding more inconsistencies Admin deletes another nation.

Edited by ktarthan