Pork Shrimp Declaration of Self-Immolation

Schad

Every few rounds, we take a break from the general hither and thither of TE to do something bizarre. This is going to be one of those rounds.

For Round 15, Pork Shrimp is going to be holding a dueling tournament involving our members. It'll consist of a group stage and then 1v1 thereafter, which will last the entirety of the sixty days. Those nations who aren't participating are going to be ensuring that those who are don't get destroyed by random idiots, which would kinda ruin the whole thing.

So, in short: hands off. We're not going to be participating in any alliance vs. alliance wars, and this isn't a clever trick to keep people from attacking us so that we can later spring a trap...we're really, truly, happily spending the round beating the bejeezus out of ourselves. To avoid the problems that arise with inter-alliance spying and the like, it's possible that we'll split Pork Shrimp into a couple different bits at various times so that opposing sides are in different AAs. If that becomes necessary, they'll be clearly identified...so hands off those, too. Failure to do so will result in a sternly-worded letter and/or the destruction of all that you love.

Kindest regards,

[img]http://images.wikia.com/cybernations/images/1/18/Pork_Shrimp.gif[/img]

haha, i always love the way you phrase things. I might have to quote you on the last bit. Anyway, I'm going alliance-less this round, so I'll at least abide by it ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1294036263' post='2561679']
The wars have kicked off. You're all free to watch from the sidelines, just don't try to enter the game. We have reserves waiting for any crazy fans trying to run naked on the court.
[/quote]

Are you going to post updates as things go on - so we crazy fans of Pork Shrimp have a great view?

[quote name='dockingscheduled' timestamp='1294299473' post='2565599']
war #1 of our 3 war pool round is over, war #2 starts in a few days. lots of destruction after the 1st war.
[/quote]
Where are the stats? :D

So we had an interloper today attempt to disrupt our tourney by attacking three members of PS. Within 45 minutes a coordinated response had punished the offender by plunging him into anarchy and removing approximately 1000NS.

Leave the tournament participants be. Retaliation will be swift and merciless.

Edit:spelling

Edited by Shaazzam

[quote name='Shaazzam' timestamp='1294612187' post='2570195']
So we had an interloper today attempt to disrupt our tourney by attacking three members of PS. Within 45 minutes a coordinated response had punished the offender by plunging him into anarchy and removing approximately 1000NS.

[/quote]
45 minutes? I believe you meant to say 26 minutes:

17:33 EOA[BN] first dec: 1/9/2011 3:48:47 PM
17:33 EOA[BN] last dec: 1/9/2011 4:14:40 PM

[quote name='Shaazzam' timestamp='1294612187' post='2570195']

[/quote]

no way it was 45 minutes, i logged on 30 minutes after the initial attack and there were no slots left.

could of used the tech, damn.

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1295099923' post='2575995']
I expected a bit more fireworks. So many nukes and no anarchies. Also, where's the fun in having a tournament without posting the stats and who's winning? :P
[/quote]
Heh.. we haven't gotten to the nuke rounds yet. They'll be coming soon, though.

As far as stats, maybe we'll post some up once the pool play is done.

Yeah, you'll start seeing nukes beginning on the 23rd, as the quarter-finals begin on the 22nd; the first stage -- which was round robin -- was nuke-free to prevent people (me) from spending their entire warchest nuking one or two opponents, and thus essentially destroying an entire quadrant of the competition...if one bracket ended up as a nuclear free-for-all and others didn't, it would've either meant walkovers for those lucky enough to avoid it, or the later round would feature tiny, broken nations engaging in slap fights.

This way, we should have somewhat intact nations going into the quarters, so we'll be able to nuke away there and still have something left for the semis and finals.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1295224425' post='2577891']
Yeah, you'll start seeing nukes beginning on the 23rd, as the quarter-finals begin on the 22nd; the first stage -- which was round robin -- was nuke-free to prevent people (me) from spending their entire warchest nuking one or two opponents, and thus essentially destroying an entire quadrant of the competition...if one bracket ended up as a nuclear free-for-all and others didn't, it would've either meant walkovers for those lucky enough to avoid it, or the later round would feature tiny, broken nations engaging in slap fights.

This way, we should have somewhat intact nations going into the quarters, so we'll be able to nuke away there and still have something left for the semis and finals.
[/quote]
Just give us warning so that we can collect before you guys raise the global radiation level :nuke: