Just an idea.

Ferrie

With all the hustle, and bustle during the Holidays, CN:TE probably isn't gonna be at the top of most peoples to-do lists.

How do the sanctioned alliances(or whoever) feel about a Holiday Temporary Ceasefire in CN:TE from December 18th-January 1st.

I understand that this time isn't the holiday season for everyone, and I'm not trying to spur a political, or religious debate in here. Like the topic says, its just an idea. Try to be respectful, please.

Salute!

Edited by Ferrie

[quote name='Ferrie' timestamp='1292575586' post='2541713']December 18th-January 1st. [/quote]
Ah the first two weeks of the round. Bold idea.

If tW swore to it, we would stick to it.
I just don't trust soooo many others to do it.

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1292582149' post='2541751']
Ah the first two weeks of the round. Bold idea.

If tW swore to it, we would stick to it.
I just don't trust soooo many others to do it.
[/quote]

and who might that be?

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1292589983' post='2541777']
and who might that be?
[/quote]

whats with you and wanting to devolve everything into a bout of senseless name-calling?

It doesn't matter so much specifically who, but that there inevitably would be at least somebody who would see it as an oppertunity.

I'd be up for it but it would be hard to organize. As I'm sure some wouldn't agree to it and I'm sure a ceasefire alliance would be attacked. What happens then we just mobilize and smack them in the mouth or do all the ceasefire alliances dog pile the aggressors?

Just thoughts.

[quote name='KOwens06' timestamp='1292600905' post='2541839']
What happens then we just mobilize and smack them in the mouth or do all the ceasefire alliances dog pile the aggressors?
[/quote]

*That* would be fun :D All alliances who are sticking to the cease fire dog pile on the one that is not. Sweet.

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1292602803' post='2541848']
*That* would be fun :D All alliances who are sticking to the cease fire dog pile on the one that is not. Sweet.
[/quote]

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1292606256' post='2541873']
This sounds like a good idea. Peace for the holidays (unless we dog pile on an aggressor lol)
[/quote]

Curbstomp for the win?

LE would abide by it as well.

So far we have tW, PS, LE, OP, and TPC that say they're up for it. I have a lot of stuff to do today, but maybe if this continues the positive direction, someone can post an official thread. I think the dog-pile idea sounds great. It'll keep everyone honest, and suicide would be the only option for the aggressors with that line-up. :)

Also, it would be pretty cool to set out a coordinated world war after the ceasefire. We should get talks in motion to try to make that happen. :)

[quote name='Ferrie' timestamp='1292610943' post='2541922']
LE would abide by it as well.

So far we have tW, PS, LE, OP, and TPC that say they're up for it.
[/quote]

Well, I wasn't intending to speak for Pork Shrimp when I said it would be cool. Just my personal opinion. However, I did bring this thread to our leaderships attention.

Seems like Pork Shrimp's plans (which I just told, being a member and NOT leadership) will NOT conflict with anything planned in this thread regardless. I'll let leadership say what they want regarding the matter.

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1292612716' post='2541940']
Well, I wasn't intending to speak for Pork Shrimp when I said it would be cool. Just my personal opinion. However, I did bring this thread to our leaderships attention.

Seems like Pork Shrimp's plans (which I just told, being a member and NOT leadership) will NOT conflict with anything planned in this thread regardless. I'll let leadership say what they want regarding the matter.
[/quote]

My apologies. If general membership for sanctioned alliances could pass this thread on to their leadership, it would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

Salute!

We want to make TE even more boring?

[img]http://kaslo.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/facepalm_picard2-150x150.jpg[/img]

Edit: I'm okay with it if we do this:

[quote]So, January 1st, the top 40 alliances declare war on each other? Odds vs Evens? (ie, alliances ranked 1, 3, 5, 7.... take on 2, 4, 6, 8....) [/quote]

Edited by Anon1

[quote name='Anon1' timestamp='1292622942' post='2542040']
We want to make TE even more boring?

[/quote]

Yes because the first fourteen days are exciting every other round, right?

And then you are ok for a pointless war. where we do it off numbers?

Well, I can see many alliances not signing onto this, but they'll probably respect it if all alliance who agreed to a cease fire attack anyone who attacks any of them.

And yeah, I like the idea alot. I don't like the idea of war over the holidays.

Confusion.

Edit: I think DR would be up for it, I'll talk with Stevie. Not that it matter, I don't even know if we'll be sanctioned again.

Edited by Confusion

[quote name='KOwens06' timestamp='1292623442' post='2542049']Yes because the first fourteen days are exciting every other round, right?[/quote]
I've seen blitzes on day two. The second week used to get pretty busy as well. If you give them all two weeks to build, they won't wanna fight cause they have fairly strong nations.

[quote name='KOwens06' timestamp='1292623442' post='2542049']And then you are ok for a pointless war. where we do it off numbers?[/quote]
Yes, I am okay with that, because it would mean a giant all-out war with no worries about treaties or "hurting each others feelings".

its TE for **** sake ,the reason we play it is to get away from the boredom of SE and go to war ,if i wanted to be bored id stick with SE ,lets make this round really interesting and no one make donations ,that way we will see how good some of the big boys really are .

[quote name='lookoot' timestamp='1292624568' post='2542059']
its TE for **** sake ,the reason we play it is to get away from the boredom of SE and go to war ,if i wanted to be bored id stick with SE ,lets make this round really interesting and no one make donations ,that way we will see how good some of the big boys really are .
[/quote]

We've been doing that for several rounds...not to demonstrate that we're better, but because we're hopelessly cheap people.

And as White Chocolate said, Pork Shrimp won't be attacking any other AAs during that period. In fact, we're likely not going to be attacking any other AAs throughout the round. And no, that's not because we're infra-hugging and flag-running.

I'm hoping for a slug fest at the end of this truce period where everyone has large enough nations to make the war fun and (I hope) a large war chest to allow the wars to go on.

I've messaged the current leaders in DF.

Edited by scytale