UNSC PRESSCORPS!

Mason

[center][img]http://i60.servimg.com/u/f60/15/80/18/24/pressc11.png[/img]

One month ago, today, the UNSC announced it's existence on Digiterra. Today, we open our doors. Construction of our Headquarters is complete and critical systems are online. Although much work is yet to be done throughout our Divisions, our Training Facility is operational and the UNSC is now officially accepting new recruits.

Since day one, we have offered guests an opportunity to tour our Public Databank, which houses information relevant to anyone interested in us, and what we're about. Guests are not required to register. You are invited to enter the Databank at anytime and browse at your leisure. For anyone who has visited with us previously, you may find some information has been updated. We've tweaked our ranks, adjusted the merit criteria, and we've added a couple of new faces to our government, HIGHCOM. The current HIGHCOM officers are:

[img]http://i60.servimg.com/u/f60/15/80/18/24/highco11.png[/img]

[size="4"][u][b]Events Calendar[/b][/u][/size]

We would like to thank the World Federation for continuing to offer their support through our protectorate agreement as we prepare to move forward into the next stage of development. December will see the UNSC finalizing work in our Divisions and preparing to focus on our Events Calendar, beginning in January, which is something we hope will add another dimension to our alliance. So, what is the Events Calendar?

The Events Calendar is an organizational tool for planning activities. Activities range from those open to the public, such as RPs and contests, to those restricted to members only. Boredom seems to be an issue plaguing our planet. Many alliances construct ways to counter the boredom and keep their members active and involved. The Events Calendar, combined with our unique merit system, is designed to ensure we are offering something each month to look forward to. To view the Calendar, just select the Calendar tab in our forums and review the schedule. Events will usually be added to the Calendar at the beginning of each month, but others may be inserted at any time, so check back often.

[size="4"][u][b]Spy![/b][/u][/size]

In the first month of our existence, two of our members fell victim to successful spy attacks. Although the perpetrator(s) remain unidentified, a surveillance camera did manage to get a still frame of one of the saboteurs entering a UNSC Security Zone:

[img]http://i60.servimg.com/u/f60/15/80/18/24/spy10.jpg[/img]

If you know the identity of this man, or woman, we encourage you to come forward. The UNSC has taken measures to reduce the success rate of these attacks, and although we currently have no intel as to the identity of the attackers, I would like to extend a word of caution. The UNSC does not condone our members engaging in unauthorized, offensive attacks of any sort. As such, we do not take these attacks against our members lightly. If you are caught during a spy operation, we will respond with the support of our allies. Our zero tolerance policy applies not only to our members, but to those aggressors who engage against us as well. You have been warned.

Future editions of PRESSCORPS should get interesting as we delve further into the political scene on Digiterra and as we bring you updates and results of monthly calendar events. We strive to consistently improve in everything we do, and we realize we have a long road ahead. We are confident in our team and our vision for the future. The UNSC invites you to join us in our public irc channel, #helljumpers on coldfront, or stop by our forums to visit or apply for an embassy if you're interested in opening an official channel of communication between your alliance and ours. All embassies are kept private, viewable only by our members and your emissaries.

Finally, I am pleased to annouce that, despite not actively recruiting, we have grown from 4 members to 10 in our first month, and marked our first feeble milestones. I post this in hopes to look back and reminisce about the early days and how small we once were.

[img]http://i60.servimg.com/u/f60/15/80/18/24/allian10.jpg[/img]

Thank you for your support![/center]

[quote name='RebelBreeze' timestamp='1291518322' post='2530523']
UNSC stands for?
[/quote]

UNSC stands for United Nations Space Command, taken from HALO. We want to keep in line with the theme, but I'm not particular on the 'Space' part, so we don't mention it unless someone asks. :) We focus on the military aspect (UNSC Marines and ODST Helljumpers) with our ranks, etc.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1291520895' post='2530558']
It is. You should say it wasn't an accident though.
[/quote]
Honesty is one of our mainstays. I wish to thank everyone for their kind words.o7 wF for their support.These men of our alliance are the best in my book.

[quote name='Semperfidelist' timestamp='1291554021' post='2530873']
Honesty is one of our mainstays. I wish to thank everyone for their kind words.o7 wF for their support.These men of our alliance are the best in my book.
[/quote]
Well that is good to know Semper. I want to see that become "These men [b]and women[/b]" in the next month or so. ;)

o/ UNSC

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1291557443' post='2530886']
Well that is good to know Semper. I want to see that become "These men [b]and women[/b]" in the next month or so. ;)

o/ UNSC
[/quote]

Come now, there are no women on the internet(z).

Of course, you and I both know why I'm saying that.

Feet First Sir o7

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1291592480' post='2531332']
If my pursuit for higher knowledge never occurred (The University), I would join this alliance in a heartbeat. My thoughts are with you Zhaan. o/
[/quote]

Thank you for your support, Kev. University = Good People o/