A Problem With CNRP

Lestari

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1290289737' post='2518447']
Great. I'll go ask Amyante immediately.

And if they can be active on 'other media' then why the hell can they not be active on CNRP? That just argues my point even further.
[/quote]

No it just argues what I say, some players want to only post something if they add something to a story, not post in every thread that adds nothing but spam.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1290289883' post='2518449']
No it just argues what I say, some players want to only post something if they add something to a story, not post in every thread that adds nothing but spam.
[/quote]
And some players don't want massive empires who post once a month because 'nothing interests them at the moment'. I'm not saying they should post in every single thread, I'm saying they should not be allowed to post a sentence every 25 days to avoid being removed.

The true problem with cnrp is that not enough people kowtow to me. Everyone should be my puppet and do everything I say. If I tell someone to give their land to a new player then they’d have to do it and If I told two countries to go to war for the amusement of the cnrp gods they’d have no choice. If cnrp was like this then it would be great! :v:

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1290287936' post='2518411']
Mudd did a ton to build this world, but he was wiped for inactivity. KP did a lot, but he was wiped for inactivity. If Cochin didn't post for 25 days, he would be wiped. The same goes for Yawoo, and JED, and me, and Botha, and Triyun, and even you. Nobody is above the rules. Now, as the rules go, everyone is still obeying them. However, I feel there's something very wrong when a person is considered active if all they do is post on day 24 "The USR recognizes this nation," and is silent for 24 more days. When you have such massive empires being the least active people, there is something we need to address. Now, if you have RL issues, that's fine, but I find it unlikely and disrespectful if you can't jump on the forums for 12 seconds and tell us that you're going to be busy. Now, I think the best thing to do would be to come up with a new standard of what is considered "active." Posting one line every month is not active, and you all damn well know that.
[/quote]

Agreed 100%.

The time has come to change what the definition of activity is for CNRP. If your standards are so messed up that you won't post because it doesn't add to a greater story, but you find it acceptable to post that your nation recognizes another once every twenty-five days to maintain your nation then you shouldn't be playing CNRP.

[quote name='Justinian the Mighty' timestamp='1290290064' post='2518452']
The true problem with cnrp is that not enough people kowtow to me. Everyone should be my puppet and do everything I say. If I tell someone to give their land to a new player then they’d have to do it and If I told two countries to go to war for the amusement of the cnrp gods they’d have no choice. If cnrp was like this then it would be great! :v:
[/quote]

All hail Justinian_Vortex...Err Maeltinian_The_Mighty! :D

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1290290294' post='2518458']
Agreed 100%.

The time has come to change what the definition of activity is for CNRP. If your standards are so messed up that you won't post because it doesn't add to a greater story, but you find it acceptable to post that your nation recognizes another once every twenty-five days to maintain your nation then you shouldn't be playing CNRP.
[/quote]
I've been for this for ages, changing the definition of activity for CNRP.

It's goddamned annoying, seeing practically inactive people post once or twice a month or so.

Edited by Lynneth

I agree completely with your post, dC.

I do think that, (I think I read something about it on the first page, but I mostly skimmed some of the posts), there should be a list somewhere that can be easily viewed by new and old players alike that has people with land, not marked as protectorates, that they are willing to give away to players.

[quote name='Biohazard' timestamp='1290297711' post='2518554']
I agree completely with your post, dC.

I do think that, (I think I read something about it on the first page, but I mostly skimmed some of the posts), there should be a list somewhere that can be easily viewed by new and old players alike that has people with land, not marked as protectorates, that they are willing to give away to players.
[/quote]
Pretty much this. Nobody is afraid to take white space as they would with a protectorate or actual land. As long as we have a list of who officially owns the land so we don't have some jerk try to gobble it all up, everything should work out for the best.

There is still a second part to this beyond that some new players are afraid, perhaps, to ask for land. How can we address the massive, land-gobbling empires that post a sentence once a month?

I'm in favour of changing the rules of inactivity so that people can't just post a single sentence or two on every 24th day.

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1290312404' post='2518762']
I suggest an "Adopt-a-Newb" program, where everyone is assigned a new RPer to RP a sovereign nation with, within his territory.
[/quote]

I would really suggest against this. You really dont want to adopt a newB without finding out their passion for the game. It could get really messy.

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1290315456' post='2518825']
What, didn't my stint end up fine? :awesome:
[/quote]

Suffice to say, I still have nightmares from when I used to help a certain nation starting with letter "L" .

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1290312404' post='2518762']
I suggest an "Adopt-a-Newb" program, where everyone is assigned a new RPer to RP a sovereign nation with, within his territory.
[/quote]
But..I only have one city. Do I give them a city block? Perhaps an office building? THE FREE CITY OF CEUTA..except that skyscraper over there, that's a sovereign nation. Fit's 100,000 people all in that building!

Also, we should redefine the activity thing, we shouldn't have a single all-powerful writer (Mael, get over yourself, your idea is silly.), and I should get the Uberstein Empire back (Feel free to pick and choose which parts of this sentence you like. :P).

I can understand some people's lack of activity dispute trying to stay on the map. I've grown completely disinterested in CNRP, but it's been a major time-eater in my life. Thus, I have no idea what I would really do if I completely stopped checking these forums and posting every once in awhile. But, on the other hand, I realized that and became a single city that really only two people give a flying $%&@ about (You know who you are) and an arms corporation. I didn't grab half of a continent and sit there.

What do I plan to do about it? I'm not sure, that's why I put this here, so we can discuss what to do about it--well, first, to find if anyone even cares, and clearly quite a few people do.

At the very least, something should be done that will prevent people from gobbling up huge amounts of land and then never doing anything with it. Like Uberstein and others have said, if they want to control a much smaller territory, then such inactivity, perhaps, is excusable, but at the size the USR, for example, is, I do not think it is excusable for Malatose to spout out one sentence a month.

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1290323528' post='2518920']
What do I plan to do about it? I'm not sure, that's why I put this here, so we can discuss what to do about it--well, first, to find if anyone even cares, and clearly quite a few people do.

At the very least, something should be done that will prevent people from gobbling up huge amounts of land and then never doing anything with it. Like Uberstein and others have said, if they want to control a much smaller territory, then such inactivity, perhaps, is excusable, but at the size the USR, for example, is, I do not think it is excusable for Malatose to spout out one sentence a month.
[/quote]

I didn't ask what you plan on doing about it. I asked what do you propose we change the activity system to replace the current one.

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1290289737' post='2518447']
Great. I'll go ask Amyante immediately.

And if they can be active on 'other media' then why the hell can they not be active on CNRP? That just argues my point even further.
[/quote]

Awesome a new piece of territory for me to annex under the One China Policy!

Edited by Triyun

I don't know why he hasn't either. I'm hungry. :ph34r::awesome:

My personal thoughts:

You don't post at least once a week, your empire falls to shambles due to the inactivity of your monarch/leader.

This is for any country with land over 500 square miles on the CNRP map.

Everyone else is standard 25 day period.

This represents the "enormous" burden of management on your empire.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1290370964' post='2519261']
I don't know why he hasn't either. I'm hungry. :ph34r::awesome:

My personal thoughts:

You don't post at least once a week, your empire falls to shambles due to the inactivity of your monarch/leader.

This is for any country with land over 500 square miles on the CNRP map.

Everyone else is standard 25 day period.

This represents the "enormous" burden of management on your empire.
[/quote]
Ummm, we're ALL over 500 square miles (except for Ishabad and Uber). Also, I say no to the week thing. There have been several times when I've been too busy to post for a week. I say we just make a list of things that don't count towards your activity levels, such as recognizing a new nation.

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail