Trikoupis

[quote name='Mao de la torre' timestamp='1290243198' post='2518109']
i have joined LSF but GOONS keep attacking. is that supposed to happen :huh:
[/quote]

[quote name='Bloodjewel' timestamp='1290243430' post='2518111']
Yes. Deal with it.
[/quote]

[quote name='r00tn00b' timestamp='1290244780' post='2518114']
I already told you how to alleviate the pain and suffering of your troops and people.
[/quote]

[quote name='Trikoupis' timestamp='1290250131' post='2518131']
I'd like to add a little something.

o/ Biazt
o/ Sardonic
o/ Goons

Goons have been extremely reasonable and cooperative after the original misunderstanding was settled :).
[/quote]

This is absolutely priceless. :blush:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1290250641' post='2518133']
This is absolutely priceless. :blush:
[/quote]

Our agreement is that the current wars continue until expiration. This is an opportunity for everyone to have some fun and gain experience. And these are small nations that can easily be rebuilt.

So I see no problem with that.

[quote name='Trikoupis' timestamp='1290251488' post='2518135']
Our agreement is that the current wars continue until expiration. This is an opportunity for everyone to have some fun and gain experience. And these are small nations that can easily be rebuilt.

So I see no problem with that.
[/quote]

What I see here is you advocating these poor nations being attacked, out of a fear that if you don't, you'll get your arse kicked by GOONS. If I was one of those former GCU folks, I'd be thinking "Wtf man?! You lettin' us get attacked even though we just joined you for our own protection?! $%&@ this !@#$!"

Fun? Experience? The ones being raided will not gain either. And yes, they can be easily rebuilt, but it doesn't change the fact that it's still a setback. :huh:

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1290266508' post='2518195']
What I see here is you advocating these poor nations being attacked, out of a fear that if you don't, you'll get your arse kicked by GOONS. If I was one of those former GCU folks, I'd be thinking "Wtf man?! You lettin' us get attacked even though we just joined you for our own protection?! $%&@ this !@#$!"

Fun? Experience? The ones being raided will not gain either. And yes, they can be easily rebuilt, but it doesn't change the fact that it's still a setback. :huh:
[/quote]

When you talk about LSF, you clean your mouth first, mister. This is an alliance that has a tradition of fighting to ZI and back. For months. If you are an infra huger, you won't understand that, but that's your problem and I pity you.

[/quote]

Poor thing. Did somebody take your ball?

[quote name='Trikoupis' timestamp='1290270043' post='2518219']
When you talk about LSF, you clean your mouth first, mister. This is an alliance that has a tradition of fighting to ZI and back. For months. If you are an infra huger, you won't understand that, but that's your problem and I pity you.
[/quote]

I find that statement hilarious.

First you do this:

"It's okay for you guys to keep attacking them and raiding until the wars have expired, we don't mind, we'll just mop up the mess after."

And then you tell me this:

"You clean your mouth mister, this alliance has a tradition of fighting to ZI and back! For months, too!"

You bowed down to GOONS, please, admit it so we can skip five pages of arguing.

Good sir, I am no infra hugger.

[quote name='Haquertal' timestamp='1290270732' post='2518224']
Poor thing. Did somebody take your ball?
[/quote]

What relevance does that have to the issue at hand? Or are you trying to go for character attacks and failing spectacularly?

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1290282907' post='2518318']
What relevance does that have to the issue at hand? Or are you trying to go for character attacks and failing spectacularly?
[/quote]
Says the guy making counter-character attacks :wtc:
How's trying to put two and two together without knowing how private interactions went down? Yeah you don't know jack son and that makes you angry let me tell you.

[/quote]

They did not bow down did they? They are just allowing the policy of GOONS to run it's course, of course they could attempt to get peace sooner than the wars expiring.

GOONS ending a raid policy is mentioned here: http://cngoons.com/Board/index.php?topic=4609.0

First point is relevent.

[quote]1) Join an AA which is outside our valid targets. If they do this, the AA they joined needs to come to us to mention this. The war will be allowed to expire and everyone goes their separate ways. No reps, of course. Peace can be achieved sooner if the alliance accepting the target asks nicely.[/quote]

Bowing down to GOONS would be paying to take on these members and going to war with GOONS would be heavy handed.

If it's a war you are looking for, go out and find one for yourself rather than trying to cause trouble between other alliances.

What I see here is you advocating these poor nations being attacked, out of a fear that if you don't, you'll get your arse kicked by GOONS. If I was one of those former GCU folks, I'd be thinking "Wtf man?! You lettin' us get attacked even though we just joined you for our own protection?! $%&@ this !@#$!" [/quote]

They are getting out of the mess they have been tangled into with as little pain as posible! LSF is getting them peace and protection as soon as they switch AA and finish this round of war. If you compare that to the alternative (being completely destroyed) then it is a great offer.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1290266508' post='2518195']Fun? Experience? The ones being raided will not gain either. And yes, they can be easily rebuilt, but it doesn't change the fact that it's still a setback. :huh:
[/quote]

I guess the fun part can be debated. But they will gain importen experience! Namely what happends if you get yourself in a fight that you have no change of winning and that it is importen to keep an eye on what the leadership of you alliance is doing!!!!

[quote name='Bloodjewel' timestamp='1290285118' post='2518359']
Says the guy making counter-character attacks :wtc:
How's trying to put two and two together without knowing how private interactions went down? Yeah you don't know jack son and that makes you angry let me tell you.
[/quote]

I did not throw a counter-character attack at him. I simply informed him that his attempt to subvert the topic at hand and bait me was a failure.

You can spout crap about "private interactions" all you like, it does not change how the outcome looks to the peanut gallery. Y'see, that's the problem with private interactions...they're [i]private[/i]. It doesn't give the rest of us a lot to go on, you know. Unless said interactions were published.

I am far from angry good sir. :mellow:

Oh please. Nobody is interested in a Great War right now happening over a micro-alliance that overplayed its light hand. You really [I]must[/I] read a treaty web once in a while before you go making provocative blanket statements about X being culled by Y. Your black-and-white analysis, along with the subsequent fits of anger over not being involved in some super-cool closed door discussion, leaves you in a pretty awkward spot, amigo. Just take a siesta and let this one go. There'll be enough drama to go around sooner or later.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1290287037' post='2518390']
They did not bow down did they? They are just allowing the policy of GOONS to run it's course, of course they could attempt to get peace sooner than the wars expiring.

GOONS ending a raid policy is mentioned here: [url="http://cngoons.com/Board/index.php?topic=4609.0"]http://cngoons.com/B...hp?topic=4609.0[/url]

First point is relevent.

Bowing down to GOONS would be paying to take on these members and going to war with GOONS would be heavy handed.

If it's a war you are looking for, go out and find one for yourself rather than trying to cause trouble between other alliances.
[/quote]

They bowed down to GOONS raid policy then. What's the difference? They gave in to GOONS either way.

As for your last point, don't take this to an individual level, this issue is not about me.

[quote name='tobiash' timestamp='1290287197' post='2518396']
They are getting out of the mess they have been tangled into with as little pain as posible! LSF is getting them peace and protection as soon as they switch AA and finish this round of war. If you compare that to the alternative (being completely destroyed) then it is a great offer.[/quote]

You would normally be correct...however the announcement has been made and GCU is already officially a part of LSF. Therefore, they should already have that peace and protection.

[i]But they don't[/i].

[quote]I guess the fun part can be debated. But they will gain importen experience! Namely what happends if you get yourself in a fight that you have no change of winning and that it is importen to keep an eye on what the leadership of you alliance is doing!!!!
[/quote]

Agreed. But that experience will be very, very small.

[quote name='The Mongol-Swedes' timestamp='1290287803' post='2518410']
Oh please. Nobody is interested in a Great War right now happening over a micro-alliance that overplayed its light hand. You really [i]must[/i] read a treaty web once in a while before you go making provocative blanket statements about X being culled by Y. Your black-and-white analysis, along with the subsequent fits of anger over not being involved in some super-cool closed door discussion, leaves you in a pretty awkward spot, amigo. Just take a siesta and let this one go. There'll be enough drama to go around sooner or later.
[/quote]

Since you haven't quoted, I'll just assume this is aimed at me.

There are actually a [i]lot[/i] of people interested in a Great War right now. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what kind of argument you're trying to make.."amigo". Though, I have to admit, I am laughing at the character attacking..it's just more proof that you cannot provide a valid, stable counter-argument.

For the last time, I'm not angry..please point out to me where these "angry fits" are. :psyduck:

[/quote]
How do you figure dear boy? if anything surely they have learned one lesson that pertains to not putting your community on the firing line for little or no reason.

[/quote]
heh I tend to think of it as reaching an accommodation over a relatively minor matter, unless your assuming this was going to end up in a big fight? If so I must seriously question your judgement.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1290288093' post='2518414']They bowed down to GOONS raid policy then. What's the difference? They gave in to GOONS either way.[/quote]

They made the best they could of a bad situation! and It is still better then the alternative (complete destruction of GCU, and posiblely LSF).

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1290288093' post='2518414']You would normally be correct...however the announcement has been made and GCU is already officially a part of LSF. Therefore, they should already have that peace and protection.

[i]But they don't[/i].[/quote]

The deal with goons was as far as i understand made prior to the announcement and GCU would have be informed (but I could be wrong).

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1290288093' post='2518414']Agreed. But that experience will be very, very small.
[/quote]

I think that it is posiblily 2 of the most importen things you can learn in this game!!!!

[quote]I guess the fun part can be debated. But they will gain importen experience! Namely what happends if you get yourself in a fight that you have no change of winning and that it is importen to keep an eye on what the leadership of you alliance is doing!!!![/quote]

Edited by tobiash

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1290288093' post='2518414']
They bowed down to GOONS raid policy then. What's the difference? They gave in to GOONS either way.

As for your last point, don't take this to an individual level, this issue is not about me.
[/quote]

The alternative would be what, reps or war? For something which is really a minior issue, following GOONS policy is the easiest solution, LSF will help the nations to rebuild once wars have expired, who knows, some might get peace early too.

Clearly, war would be too much and who would gain from war over such an issue? There are no conflicting morals if LSF and GOONS have reached an agreement, former GCU nations will be rebuilt, as oppose to the alternative which would have ended in their distruction

I find that statement hilarious.

First you do this:

"It's okay for you guys to keep attacking them and raiding until the wars have expired, we don't mind, we'll just mop up the mess after." [/quote]

Do I really need to give lessons of foreign policy on OWF? On what grounds would you interfere in the ongoing wars? Tell me.

[quote]You bowed down to GOONS, please, admit it so we can skip five pages of arguing.[/quote]
You'll need arguments to make me admit anything.

[quote]Good sir, I am no infra hugger.[/quote]
Sorry, you happen to have 0 casualties.

Anyway, it's clear that you made a hasty jusgement, so please don't continue and make us lose our time in a topic over a resolved issue.

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1290292049' post='2518480']
How do you figure dear boy? if anything surely they have learned one lesson that pertains to not putting your community on the firing line for little or no reason.[/quote]

If Noynoy's announcement was rogue and not sanctioned by other government members of GCU, then that point is made invalid. My guess is that Vladimir coined that GCU was on the recieving end of a dozen raid squads and decided to salvage what he could of his alliance by merging with another. A wise choice, it seems.

The srs bsns started when GOONS jumped in. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img]

[quote]heh I tend to think of it as reaching an accommodation over a relatively minor matter, unless your assuming this was going to end up in a big fight? If so I must seriously question your judgement.
[/quote]

I didn't assume at first that this would end in a big fight, no. Given everyone's stubbornness/determination though, the thought did cross my mind.

[quote name='tobiash' timestamp='1290293452' post='2518500']
They made the best they could of a bad situation! and It is still better then the alternative (complete destruction of GCU, and posiblely LSF).

The deal with goons was as far as i understand made prior to the announcement and GCU would have be informed (but I could be wrong).

I think that it is posiblily 2 of the most importen things you can learn in this game!!!![/quote]

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1290294204' post='2518510']
The alternative would be what, reps or war? For something which is really a minior issue, following GOONS policy is the easiest solution, LSF will help the nations to rebuild once wars have expired, who knows, some might get peace early too.

Clearly, war would be too much and who would gain from war over such an issue? There are no conflicting morals if LSF and GOONS have reached an agreement, former GCU nations will be rebuilt, as oppose to the alternative which would have ended in their distruction
[/quote]

I'll address both of these in one, since they're so similar..

Yes, the issue is minor, it's what is implicated that isn't minor. More GOONS huffing and puffing until they blow the house down. LSF being the house and GCU being the occupants of the house. Luckily for GCU, LSF has a spine.

[quote name='Trikoupis' timestamp='1290297853' post='2518560']
Do I really need to give lessons of foreign policy on OWF? On what grounds would you interfere in the ongoing wars? Tell me.[/quote]

I would interfere if said alliance had just merged into my own.

[quote]You'll need arguments to make me admit anything.

Sorry, you happen to have 0 casualties.

Anyway, it's clear that you made a hasty jusgement, so please don't continue and make us lose our time in a topic over a resolved issue.
[/quote]

Yes, zero casualties because I haven't been in a war with this nation yet...doesn't change the fact that I am not an infra hugger.

I'll take my leave right here, seeing as we could go on for a whole while longer over an issue that appears to have been resolved.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1290298361' post='2518570']

I would interfere if said alliance had just merged into my own.
[/quote]

Well, perhaps this is were the misunderstanding is. You see GCU hadn't merged in LSF prior to the declarations.

[quote]I'll take my leave right here, seeing as we could go on for a whole while longer over an issue that appears to have been resolved.
[/quote]

Good call, I never liked this kind of topics ;)

I would really like to thank LSF. They could simply said "NO" since our situation with those war mongering barbarians was not in their best intrest.
But they decided to welcome us with open arms not to mention the time and resources it will take to help us rebuild is quite generarous. thank you LSF

[quote name='vladimer lennin' timestamp='1290313786' post='2518790']
I would really like to thank LSF. They could simply said "NO" since our situation with those war mongering barbarians was not in their best interest.
But they decided to welcome us with open arms not to mention the time and resources it will take to help us rebuild is quite generous. thank you LSF
[/quote]
Watch it, we are not war mongering barbarians. we are cultured and great to talk to, but your approach is not that great when communicating. GOONS and the GCU could have worked something out, but you didn't even try negotiating. I informed Your members where they needed to go to open lines of communications but they were content to be suborn and take their beatings by flat out refusing.