CN smartphone app

cjohnson2136

Ok so i was thinking of making a cell phone application for CN users but was curious if people would use something like this. I am currently working on one for my alliance with alliance specific purposes. But if people would like this then I would like to know what you all would want. Keep in mind this my first app would be released to the Windows 7 phone because I know that software the best. But I would work concurrently on an Android app. I can not get a iPhone app until I get a Mac which won't be for a while. So let me hear what you think and suggestions for what the app could hold and do.

Examples of some possible uses:
[IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh110/cjohnson2136/phone_detail-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh110/cjohnson2136/ve_warchest_calculator.png[/IMG]

Edited by cjohnson2136

no i was not referring to anything that would be illegal. I am talking more about things that could help people keep track of tech deals, or just a quick way to access there CN page on the road. An example of one of the things my alliances app does it it calculates the profit off of how many tech deals you want to know about and tells you when all the tech deals will be completed. This would be in no way of doing anything illegal

I would be interested. I do get the full game on my phone though, and it loads fine.

Is your app going to be about nation building, watching ones nation (checking messages/collecting taxes/paying bills), or like a nation building calculator (I.E. you make "x" by buying this harbor or whatever)?

I don't think a lot of the calculation applications would be useful because people tend to do those on their own computer. However I'm not sure how much you can do in terms of making it easier to collect taxes, fight wars, etc from the iPhone that follows legal procedures.

It would be nice to see a full CN App on smartphones, in the sense that it's the game but there is one major problem and that would be the IP, if you're on a public WiFi, it's going to flag aid sent to anyone else who has used that IP isn't it? Also, you'd need to talk to admin about it, but I think it would be more useful than a calculator app.

Then, I don't use a smartphone, I only just got one that slides open a few years back :awesome:

To be honest I don't see why anyone would use a CN-related calculator on their phone. Not once in the past few years have I thought to myself "Damn, I'm not at home and I'd like to calculate profit from tech deals!".

A warchest calculator? People need calculators to figure out what their warchest should be? I think more time would be spent operating the calculator than the 2 seconds it normally takes.

Edited by Viluin

Been there, done that.

The biggest problem I had was that iOS SDK 4 doesn't manipulate asp tags very well post-parsing. This weeds out any custom information you could add-on to the site, making the app just as functional as the page itself outside of any static equations you put on a app frame.

Do it in C++/C# or a greasemonkey js addon. It's so much easier and by far more functional. Then you can do fun stuff like adding/changing custom info via DOM, collect/save data from the webbrowser and then add calculators.

edit: I suppose the Droid dev tools would be more effective given they're based on java and you don't have to rely too much on third-party programming to get things done. I don't have a droid and don't care as a result.

Edited by In Spades