ITT I judge the recent anti-MK Propaganda Pictures

AirMe

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1290142628' post='2517104']
That said, I'm biased against both as I'm biased against the whole "PR" argument. It's essentially people saying "you're being political" in a political simulation game.
[/quote]

[b]Trolls: [/b]This game is boring. I wish someone would do something interesting! Hey MK, entertain us!

[b]MK:[/b] Here's a brief outline of what's going on in our lives.
[b]
Trolls:[/b] Thanks for trying, but not interesting enough! You suck!

[b]MK:[/b] Well, we tried. Sorry.

[b]Trolls:[/b] You're not actually sorry for anything! You're just pulling PR stunts!

[b]MK: [/b]Wut.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Professor Chaos' timestamp='1290151488' post='2517204']
[b]Trolls: [/b]This game is boring. I wish someone would do something interesting! Hey MK, entertain us!

[b]MK:[/b] Here's a brief outline of what's going on in our lives.
[b]
Trolls:[/b] Thanks for trying, but not interesting enough! You suck!

[b]MK:[/b] Well, we tried. Sorry.

[b]Trolls:[/b] You're not actually sorry for anything! You're just pulling PR stunts!

[b]MK: [/b]Wut.
[/quote]
I think you missed a bit. And by a bit I mean alot ;)

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1290169251' post='2517325']
Thanks for the suggestions.
[/quote]
That's cool mang, just let me know if you do end up extorting an Earth-to-moon monorail from someone, that would be pretty badass. Also, can't believe I screwed up the amount of cash. :facepalm: I'll fix it in the morning.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1290155585' post='2517239']
I don't think you quite "get" what summarising entails.
[/quote]

Its certainly not about omitting the relevant stuff, like MK's attempt to divert attention from their uber $%&@ up by trying to create a bigger boogeyman.

[quote name='deSouza' timestamp='1290175442' post='2517364']
Its certainly not about omitting the relevant stuff, like MK's attempt to divert attention from their uber $%&@ up by trying to create a bigger boogeyman.
[/quote]
Do you really think we're so stupid as to think this would work as any kind of distraction? [i]Really?[/i]

Oh wait - you're deSouza.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1290176575' post='2517367']
Oh wait - you're deSouza.
[/quote]

You don't even know me.
:ph34r:

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1290176575' post='2517367']
Do you really think [b]we're so stupid[/b] as to think this would work as any kind of distraction? [i]Really?[/i]
[/quote]

People who try to avoid serious discussions and resort to character assassination whenever they disagree with someone are generally considered by me people who have no arguments, usually due to stupidity. People who consider "plausible deniability" to be about saying "I didn't do it", as MK usually tries to do, are even worse.

[quote name='deSouza' timestamp='1290177707' post='2517378']You don't even know me. :ph34r:[/quote]

Sure I do. You might not know the name I'm wearing at the moment, but I know you.

[quote name='deSouza' timestamp='1290177707' post='2517378']People who try to avoid serious discussions and resort to character assassination whenever they disagree with someone are generally considered by me people who have no arguments, usually due to stupidity. People who consider "plausible deniability" to be about saying "I didn't do it", as MK usually tries to do, are even worse.[/quote]
On the contrary - a good character assassination requires a lot more skill with words than repeating "dur hur PR stunt" ad nauseum.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1290178382' post='2517382']
Sure I do. You might not know the name I'm wearing at the moment, but I know you.
[/quote]

Trust me, you don't.

:ph34r:

On the contrary - a good character assassination requires a lot more skill with words than repeating "dur hur PR stunt" ad nauseum.
[/quote]

Actually, its all about repeating he bad, me good, ad nauseum. So no skill, just enough saliva.

[quote name='deSouza' timestamp='1290182300' post='2517420']Trust me, you don't.

:ph34r: [/quote]
Going to stop this circular argument right about here.

[quote name='deSouza' timestamp='1290182300' post='2517420']Actually, its all about repeating he bad, me good, ad nauseum. So no skill, just enough saliva.[/quote]
It's all in the execution.

[img]http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7708/detractors1845610.gif[/img]

Tell us airme, does the typical MK detractor try the "Nobody cares about you" line?

[/quote]

From what I've seen its just been a lot of Haflinger, HoT, Fernando, MVP, hurr durr with no actual sign of a post with any thought put towards making it.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1290183092' post='2517434']
[img]http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7708/detractors1845610.gif[/img]

Tell us airme, does the typical MK detractor try the "Nobody cares about you" line?

[/quote]

Yes, the typical MK detractor does. And then type a wall of text on why no one cares about MK or how they will eventually get whats coming to them.

However not everyone falls into the "typical MK detractor" category. It all depends on how you classify people.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1290190751' post='2517518']
Yes, the typical MK detractor does. And then type a wall of text on why no one cares about MK or how they will eventually get whats coming to them.

However not everyone falls into the "typical MK detractor" category. It all depends on how you classify people.
[/quote]

Do you mean typical two years ago, because in the past year that I've been here I don't think I've seen anything like that.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1290190948' post='2517521']
Do you mean typical two years ago, because in the past year that I've been here I don't think I've seen anything like that.
[/quote]
It'd be more accurate for it to say "Nobody cares about this announcement MK posted", but that's much less concise. It's specific enough that people following current events know what it's talking about, and vague enough that people reading it in the future will still get a chuckle out of it. To make it more accurate would actually make it less efficient as propaganda. [img]http://cngoons.com/Board/Smileys/CN%20Emotes/eng101.gif[/img]

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1290192571' post='2517533']To make it more accurate would actually make it less efficient as propaganda. [img]http://cngoons.com/Board/Smileys/CN%20Emotes/eng101.gif[/img][/quote]
Propaganda has to be based around a recognisable truth or people will just look at it and go 'but nobody says that', negating any impact it might have. Thus the propaganda is probably effective for people who already have both feet in the MK camp like AirMe, but not so effective on those who should be the target audience.

[quote name='Vladimir' timestamp='1290201709' post='2517626']
Propaganda has to be based around a recognisable truth or people will just look at it and go 'but nobody says that', negating any impact it might have. Thus the propaganda is probably effective for people who already have both feet in the MK camp like AirMe, but not so effective on those who should be the target audience.
[/quote]

I wouldn't say I have both feet in the MK camp. 1 foot, sure......I wouldn't say 2 though.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1290203238' post='2517646']
I wouldn't say I have both feet in the MK camp. 1 foot, sure......I wouldn't say 2 though.
[/quote]

Either way, there is a reason you didn't recognize what I alluded to and what Vlad said. No one tries to say MK doesn't matter. They might argue that posting thta you've expelled a diplomat is dumb, but they don't say MK doesn't matter.

Airme bias +1

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1290203859' post='2517650']
Either way, there is a reason you didn't recognize what I alluded to and what Vlad said. No one tries to say MK doesn't matter. They might argue that posting thta you've expelled a diplomat is dumb, but they don't say MK doesn't matter.

Airme bias +1
[/quote]

Back in the day, expelling diplomats caused international incidents that spawned 5 threads in the OWF. It's old school political drama. Just because people ridicule it as attention seeking, it is a legitimate issue that can be debated. I mean we are playing a political game after all.