An Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Ardus

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1290203939' post='2517652']
Regardless, I have no doubt whatsoever that if you lined up all the people that had been insulted by MK at their HQ opposite a line of everyone who hadn't been insulted...I'm quite sure you'd find the former much longer than the latter.
[/quote]
Are you trying to say something about the girth of the people that MK insults? I don't think that further insults are going to help their situation or self esteem very much, sir.

And as someone who has been insulted by MKers, did you just call me fat?

edit: for clarity

Edited by ktarthan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kwell' timestamp='1290212125' post='2517792']
Its relevant because my arguement is that mk is defending the honour of the diplomats who were demasked. I'm sure your allies are happy to hear that you think honour is over rated and an extension sticking by friends.
[/quote]

O..kay....

How exactly are they defending the honour of the diplomats? They haven't done anything but whine about getting kicked out.

[ooc]If there is a shred of "defence" somewhere in that mess of 40+ pages, please, point me to it.[/ooc]

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1290212133' post='2517793']
This thread started out with MK appearing a bit childish, after reading your dribble I almost support MK, think about that.
[/quote]

I fail to recognise you in this debate. You simply do not have anything worthwhile to say.

To support that statement: you're from \m/. Enough said.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1290212266' post='2517795']
Are you trying to say something about the girth of the people that MK insults? I don't think that further insults are going to help their situation or self esteem very much, sir.

And as someone who has been insulted by MKers, did you just call me fat?

edit: for clarity
[/quote]

I was wondering when someone from the GOONS would show up. :awesome:

No sir, I was not referring to the girth of the people MK insults.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1290209107' post='2517733']
That's a fair comment though, Invicta and TPF are not high on the Kingdom's guest list. Can you actually point me to several diplomats that have been sent to you, and subsequently applied to join? And by several, I mean more than or equal to six. You do say "most" diplomats, after all.
[/quote]
Actually, one of our former MoFAs is a member of the Mushroom Kingdom now.

Your being deliberately blind, thats my final conclusion. My advice, quit while your behind before digging yourself further in the hole.

One final time: they are defending their diplomats honour by demasking all of NPO's diplomats from their boards. NPO made the first move by demasking two MK diplomats, MK countered by demasking all of NPO's diplomats, its now NPOs move : ) I suggest make a bag of popcorn

Edited by kwell

[quote name='kwell' timestamp='1290213265' post='2517806']
Your being deliberately blind, thats my final conclusion. My advice, quit while your behind before digging yourself further in the whole.

One final time: they are defending their diplomats honour by demasking all of NPO's diplomats from their boards. NPO made the first move by demasking two MK diplomats, MK countered by demasking all of NPO's diplomats, its now NPOs move : ) I suggest make a bag of popcorn
[/quote]

Deliberately blind? I doubt that. No, I'm just having trouble working out exactly what argument you're attempting to put forth kwell.

One final time: [i]what honour?

[/i]I suggest you dig your head in the sand and never take it out again.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1290212907' post='2517803']
I was wondering when someone from the GOONS would show up. :awesome:
[/quote]
Why is this relevant? I've been insulted by MK on their forums, so I wouldn't save the collective of MK from a basket being slowly lowered into into a live volcano even if the basket was also filled with kittens and rare pokemon cards. My alliance has nothing to do with my decision to contribute to this debate.

[quote]
No sir, I was not referring to the girth of the people MK insults.
[/quote]
Then I'm curious how you can be so certain of the length of the line. Maybe you are thinking of them all laying down in a line and you have statistics that show MK insults tall people more?

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1290209107' post='2517733']
Can you actually point me to several diplomats that have been sent to you, and subsequently applied to join?
[/quote]

You can put your money on that not happening here, if that helps any. :)

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1290213798' post='2517818']
Why is this relevant? [b]I've been insulted by MK on their forums, so I wouldn't save the collective of MK from a basket being slowly lowered into into a live volcano even if the basket was also filled with kittens and rare pokemon cards.[/b] My alliance has nothing to do with my decision to contribute to this debate.[/quote]

This. Bolded part. Right here. Take a good look lebubu and co.

In answer to your question, it's relevant because GOONS is allied to MK.

[quote]Then I'm curious how you can be so certain of the length of the line. Maybe you are thinking of them all laying down in a line and you have statistics that show MK insults tall people more?
[/quote]

Not entirely sure where you're going with that...

The line would be bigger because there are more people who are insulted by MK than not. Doesn't get simpler than that, really.

Clarification: By bigger, I mean longer, not the obesity of the people in the line. -.-

Edited by Hadrian

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1290213642' post='2517813']
Deliberately blind? I doubt that. No, I'm just having trouble working out exactly what argument you're attempting to put forth kwell.

[/quote]

To answer "what honor?":
The honor that comes with any diplomatic status. While not requiring respect or even goodwill, in a diplomatic role it's expected that you won't have your name dragged through the mud without justification. For that not to be true, it would be considered a political attack as we're seeing in this thread. Posting quotes from online games (Robot Unicorn Attack) is by no means reasonable justification. I've heard of other edits but the only one I've seen was that one, regardless, the thread was not serious and the comments were not derogatory. Therefore, I see no justification in treating two of our diplomats like hell politically. If NPO had responded to those posts with "go f%&@ yourself in your fat f@#$ing !@#hole you mother$%&@ing c@#$. we hate you and we hate MK," we wouldn't really care. That goes on to a lesser extent all the time. But to treat them as politically exiled as a result of nothing is a knock on their integrity and that's not something we just move past.

[quote]You and I agreeing on something. Disgusting thought, is it not?
[/quote]
To be blunt, I really don't think it will keep him awake at night. And just to be clear, you got trolled in his response to you before you posted the above quote. I just want to make sure you're aware.

[quote]This. Bolded part. Right here. Take a good look lebubu and co.

In answer to your question, it's relevant because GOONS is allied to MK.[/quote]
Lebubu already answered this. If you really believe it you should read your post again. You mentioned our allegiance. Do you believe we would be allied if his post were true of GOONS?

Also, you're incredibly arrogant. I joined MK as a result of my diplomatic service. There's also a reason that so many of our members who leave to "try other places out" end up coming back to MK. But if you want to live in this land of make believe, you should bring me with you. Because always I want to be with you, make believe with you, and live in harmony.

[quote name='Roi Loup' timestamp='1290191112' post='2517523']
npo never had the option to kick the diplomats?
[/quote]
NPO never had justification. As I said before, there is no value-added through their choice.

Edited by Crowdog

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1290214819' post='2517832']
This. Bolded part. Right here. Take a good look lebubu and co.
[/quote]
Yes lebubu and co. Take a good hard look. :mad:

[quote]
Not entirely sure where you're going with that...

The line would be bigger because there are more people who are insulted by MK than not. Doesn't get simpler than that, really.

Clarification: By bigger, I mean longer, not the obesity of the people in the line. -.-
[/quote]
Hmm, well, I guess the particular tidbit of information I am trying to divine out of that expanse of a brain of yours is exactly what information you possess which makes you so incredibly certain of this fact. Is it perhaps some esoteric negative correlation you know about which applies to testimony in this particular context?

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1290213642' post='2517813']

[/quote]

Cute, but I prefer water over sand, i don't like the grainy texture : P

I was talking about MK's diplomats honour. Are you arguing you wouldn't react to someone demasking not one but several diplomats? Call it an overreaction if that is what your saying, instead of asking what honour. I'm not entirely sure if you even understand your position.

[quote name='kwell' timestamp='1290215578' post='2517839']

I was talking about MK's diplomats honour. Are you arguing you wouldn't react to someone demasking not one but several diplomats? Call it an overreaction if that is what your saying, instead of asking what honour. I'm not entirely sure if you even understand your position.
[/quote]

i would react.. by demasking theirs or asking why they were demasked.. anything past that is overreacting

why does that deserve a thread though?

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1290214289' post='2517826']
You can put your money on that not happening here, if that helps any. :)
[/quote]
The longer you stay, the stronger our charm becomes. It's inevitable.

Edited by Banksy

[quote name='lebubu' timestamp='1290215052' post='2517834']
It's funny because you think it's true.
[/quote]

Right. I should've known. Neither GOONS nor MK know how or when to be serious. *sigh*

[quote name='Crowdog' timestamp='1290215101' post='2517835']
To answer "what honor?":
The honor that comes with any diplomatic status. While not requiring respect or even goodwill, in a diplomatic role it's expected that you won't have your name dragged through the mud without justification. posting quotes from online games (Robot Unicorn Attack) is by no means reasonable justification. I've heard of other edits but the only one I've seen was that one, regardless, the thread was not serious and the comments were not derogatory. Therefore, I see no justification in treating two of our diplomats like hell politically. If NPO had responded to those posts with "go $%&@ yourself in your fat !@#$@#$ !@#$%^& you mother$%&@ing !@#$. we hate you and we hate MK," we wouldn't really care. That goes on to a lesser extent all the time. But to treat them as politically exiled as a result of nothing is a knock on their integrity and that's not something we just move past.[/quote]

Thank you for that explanation of honour from an MK standpoint.

[quote]Also, you're incredibly arrogant. I joined MK as a result of my diplomatic service. There's also a reason that so many of our members who leave to "try other places out" end up coming back to MK. But if you want to live in this land of make believe, you should bring me with you. Because always I want to be with you, make believe with you, and live in harmony.
[/quote]

I'm only arrogant when I'm dealing with people I dislike, for very specific reasons.

Not likely. You see, this "make believe" world exists without a certain kingdom of mushrooms.

[quote name='Crowdog' timestamp='1290215101' post='2517835']
NPO never had justification. As I said before, there is no value-added through their choice.
[/quote]
Except for the fact that seerow was, you know, on the NPO PZI list for over a year.

You sent over someone we hated enough to prevent from playing the game for over a year and you're some how surprised we demasked him?

As for why he was masked in the first place? Hell if I know. Humans certainly aren't perfect.

Are you arguing you wouldn't react to someone demasking not one but several diplomats?
[/quote]
Both of which were dishonorably discharged.

Edited by SoulVici

[quote name='SoulVici' timestamp='1290216759' post='2517849']
Except for the fact that seerow was, you know, on the NPO PZI list for over a year.

You sent over someone we hated enough to prevent from playing the game for over a year and you're some how surprised we demasked him?

[/quote]

Do you know ~WhY~ Seerow was on the PZI list for over a year? No, I don't think you do.

Also, I think' we're more surprised at how posts of MK diplomats and government were altered in the embassy but continue as you were...

[quote]
[/quote]

Wrong. I quit. Try again, bud.

[quote name='Roi Loup' timestamp='1290216214' post='2517842']
i would react.. by demasking theirs or asking why they were demasked.. anything past that is overreacting

why does that deserve a thread though?
[/quote]

They obvisiously did ask and didn't like their response MK demasked all of NPO's diplomats. Nothing more, nothing less.

If it was one or two diplomats being demasked, then it doesn't deserve an announcement, I agree. However, that not being the case sense they demasked all of NPO's diplomats, its more of an issue because its cutting all diplomatic ties to them. If that arguement isn't enough, it simply better educates the public on where alliances stand. An informed public makes planet bob more interesting.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1290215307' post='2517837']
Yes lebubu and co. Take a good hard look. :mad:

Hmm, well, I guess the particular tidbit of information I am trying to divine out of that expanse of a brain of yours is exactly what information you possess which makes you so incredibly certain of this fact. Is it perhaps some esoteric negative correlation you know about which applies to testimony in this particular context?
[/quote]

Something like that, yes. Given the number of people who, 80-90% of the time, would say they disliked the foreign conduct (insults, etc.) at MK's boards, pitted against the number of people who would oppose that and say that they had no problem (not counting MK's allies, that's pretty much a given)...I think you'll find one is significantly larger than the other.

[/quote]

I would react, yes, but I wouldn't post a damn announcement about it.

[quote name='SoulVici' timestamp='1290216759' post='2517849']

As for why he was masked in the first place? Hell if I know. Humans certainly aren't perfect.

[/quote]

Givin MK just said they weren't dishonourably discharged, i'm going to take Mks word over yours sense they probably know what their own diplomats status are.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1290217377' post='2517857']
Something like that, yes. Given the number of people who, 80-90% of the time, would say they disliked the foreign conduct (insults, etc.) at MK's boards, pitted against the number of people who would oppose that and say that they had no problem (not counting MK's allies, that's pretty much a given)...I think you'll find one is significantly larger than the other.
[/quote]
I'd like to see the study where you get that number of 80-90%. Has a poll been done?!

IS THIS A SCURRILOUS ATTACK ON OUR REPUTATION!?

Edited by tamerlane

[quote name='kwell' timestamp='1290217606' post='2517859']
Givin MK just said they weren't dishonourably discharged, i'm going to take Mks word over yours sense they probably know what their own diplomats status are.
[/quote]

:facepalm:

He means at the time they were NPO members..

You really need to stop talking kwell. You're starting to look foolish, if you don't already.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1290217663' post='2517860']
I'd like to see the study where you get that number of 80-90%. Has a poll been done?!

IS THIS A SCURRILOUS ACCUSATION!?
[/quote]

No, a poll has not been created. As I said a page or two back, it would be retrograde beyond usefulness.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1290217792' post='2517863']
No, a poll has not been created. As I said a page or two back, it would be retrograde beyond usefulness.
[/quote]

So you really have no idea how often or what percentage of diplomats enjoy our forums. You're just asserting what you believe, and yet have no proof of, to be fact?

Good to know.

To all the people complaining about posting this at all. This has generated more responses, reactions and discussion than any of the other equally pointless threads about DOE's or PIAT's. I'd say the 48 pages this has generated is more interesting than everything else. Its hilarious, stop being sprsrs.