STA November Press Conference

pezstar

[quote name='Jay Z' timestamp='1288909549' post='2502220']
Do you have any insight as to what changed within that month that made MK decide to cancel all their treaties? I understand that you cannot speak for MK, but your best guess would be appreciated. :D

Also, did I $%&@ up as badly as I thought I did in WFs embassy on your forums? :P
[/quote]

Yes. I know exactly what happened. I don't know whether or not it's public knowledge or something I'm permitted to speak about. It's possible that MK told me the story in confidence, so unless someone from MK gives permission to tell it, I'm more comfortable keeping their confidences.

And you did just fine. :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1288881026' post='2501879']
Do you regret saying the things you said to lebubu and Archon?
[/quote]

No, everything I said I stand by. I give my opinion straight and see no reason to stop doing that. That said, I don't really know what it is you are referring to specifically.

However, what has happened in the months since those chats pretty much verified my concerns that I expressed at the time.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1288912038' post='2502291']
No, everything I said I stand by. I give my opinion straight and see no reason to stop doing that. That said, I don't really know what it is you are referring to specifically.

However, what has happened in the months since those chats pretty much verified my concerns that I expressed at the time.
[/quote]

Oh, he's talking about the conversations regarding our relationship. Yeah, Voytek. I was there. :P

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1288913150' post='2502318']
Oh, he's talking about the conversations regarding our relationship. Yeah, Voytek. I was there. :P
[/quote]

Ah, where I suggested the STA-MK treaty was low down on the pecking order of MK's priorities due to the C&G bloc and their move towards GOONS and Umbrella? Where I mentioned we had a similar thing happen with our NPO treaty as the Continuum took top priority and the NPO-STA treaty was pushed so far down the pecking order it was essentially meaningless?

In the months since then the STA-MK treaty was dropped without notice by MK and not re-signed. During the interim between the cancellation and MK re-signing some treaties the STA was not contacted. So, how wrong was I? Perhaps my mentioning of the situation we were perceiving was the catalyst for the review by MK? Who knows.

Sometimes the truth hurts but it shouldn't stop the truth being discussed, especially amongst allies in private. I'd prefer my allies told me what they were thinking rather than piss in my pocket.

When alliances have grossly conflicting treaty obligations they need to choose which ones they consider more valuable to them. My comments were that it appeared MK were valuing GOONS and others over the STA, which made sense considering where their FA was heading at the time. MK leadership at the time assured us this was not the case telling us that STA, GOONS and their other non C&G treaties were on an equal footing and how war started would determine whether MK would support the STA or GOONS or GOD. We took that onboard and decided to leave the treaty as it was and see how things panned out. A month or two later and it was gone. MK then re-signed with GOONS, Umbrella etc which pretty much says to me they agreed with my assessment upon reflection.

I don't have an issue with MK cancelling on us, as I said, we were thinking of doing the same back in August. It is more the way it was carried out and MK have admitted they were at fault in that department.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1288921240' post='2502488']
Do you see anyway out of the stagnation that appears have taken hold on Planet Bob.[/quote]

The Cyberverse has always had periods of stagnation so I'm sure it will re-emerge from that stagnation at some point. Whether that occurs soon enough to save itself from attrition remains to be seen.

[quote]Also hi Tyga[/quote]

Hello[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/awesome.gif"]

[/url][quote]
OK, thanks for the candour.
[/quote]

You're welcome

I have four questions. A serious question, two light-hearted questions, and an RP question. Up to you to find out which is which :P

How is the Twinkie supply holding up in the alliance?

Got any alliances sized up yet for these "new friendships" you might want to forge?

Why are you so goddamned awesome :awesome: ?

Any nations in STA who want to sign onto research partnership and student exchange programs with Uralikan Yliopisto? (Uralica's national university)

[quote name='Uralica' timestamp='1288935272' post='2502715']
I have four questions. A serious question, two light-hearted questions, and an RP question. Up to you to find out which is which :P

How is the Twinkie supply holding up in the alliance?

Got any alliances sized up yet for these "new friendships" you might want to forge?

Why are you so goddamned awesome :awesome: ?

Any nations in STA who want to sign onto research partnership and student exchange programs with Uralikan Yliopisto? (Uralica's national university)
[/quote]

We have too many twinkies. Way too many. I don't even like them anymore. Twinkie'd out. Incidentally, the twinkies is the answer to question 3!

Yeah, we have a couple sized up.

uh. Maybe?

[quote name='citizenkane' timestamp='1288983903' post='2503069']
How do you think STA is perceived by PB?
[/quote]

I have no idea. I don't think the bloc is a hive mind. I'm sure each alliance has a different viewpoint. Hell, even in STA, we have government members with varying viewpoints on alliances.

[quote name='citizenkane' timestamp='1288983903' post='2503069']
How do you think STA is perceived by PB?
[/quote]

I can't say for certain but the general vibe I get from PB alliances is a negative one. Not really sure what the basis for any negative perception is but it isn't really something I control nor worry about.