Introduction to The Righteous Orators Legacy League

Goldie

It is my pleasure to introduce to you the first in a series of threads detailing the progress of the inaugural season of The Righteous Orators Legacy League, a fantasy football keeper league that will once and for all decide who is the best of the best, the true Righteous Orator champion.

The league is constructed as follows:
-Sixteen teams, in four divisions.
-QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, TE, RB/WR/TE, RB/WR/TE, K on offense.
-DB, DB, DB, DL, DL, DL, LB, LB, LB, DB/DL/LB, DB/DL/LB on defense.
-Seven bench spots to make a total of thirty players on each roster, 480 players in the league total.
-Each team can keep up to six of its players at the end of the season to carry over into next season.

During the season, I will be posting week by week updates for the league.

Without further ado, I present you with the four divisions and the four teams per each division:

[b]Alter Egos[/b]
Goldie (Brady's Lovechild) - VE
Sceptor (Alesmiths) - Umb
NFLGeneric (AAAAAAAAAAGGGG) - Umb
Gofastleft (Bradford's Boy) - iFOK

[b]Haf's Flingers[/b]
Kowalski (Jets Schmets) - Umb
Janax (Jehovas Walrus) - Argent
Rondo (Burress' Big Bang) - VE
Praetorian (exercitus Romanorum) - VE

[b]Heroes of Time[/b]
Niota (Mark's Dirty Sanchez) - Umb
TBRaiders (Mushroom Warriors) - MK
Magicninja (Magic's Ninjas) - GATO
Astriy (LACES OUT DAN!!!!!!!) - Umb

[b]Virginian Rebels[/b]
Shadow (shadow's spartans) - VE
FrozenBoy (Vick's Used Dog Sale) - Umb
Kuse (Winchester Madmen) - VE
CreepingDeath (Viridian Dragons) - VE

Divisions were aligned using team names in an alphabetical order.

I will now present to you the first ever draft of The Righteous Orators Legacy League and break a little bit down round by round with my analysis.

[b]Round 1[/b]
[spoiler]Rondo – Chris Johnson
Janax – Adrian Peterson
Kowalski – Maurice Jones-Drew
Kuse – Tony Romo
Praetorian* - Aaron Rodgers
NFLGeneric – Ray Rice
Goldie – Andre Johnson
Shadow – Drew Brees
TBRaiders – Frank Gore
Gofastleft – Michael Turner
Magicninja* - Steven Jackson
FrozenBoy – Deangelo Williams
Niota* - Rashard Mendenhall
CreepingDeath – Randy Moss
Astriy – Ryan Grant
Sceptor – Ryan Matthews[/spoiler]

[u]Reach of the Round[/u] – Tony Romo at 4th overall. Kuse had his choice of top RBs (Rice/Gore) but decided to go QB. In this league that is fine as QB is highly valued, but to bypass Brees and Rodgers (not to mention Manning, Schaub, and Brady) to draft Romo is a tough one to justify, especially since he may rightfully been available for him in the second round.

[u]Steal of the Round[/u] - Could definitely be Rice at 6, but I think TBRaiders getting Frank Gore at 9 is the steal of the first round. Gore is the entirety of the 49ers grueling running game, and will easily have a top-4 RB campaign in a league where RBs are at a super-premium.

[b]Round 2[/b]
[spoiler]Sceptor - Larry Fitzgerald
Astriy - Shonn Greene
CreepingDeath - Peyton Manning
Niota* - Reggie Wayne
FrozenBoy - Tom Brady
Magicninja* - Cedric Benson
Gofastleft - Miles Austin
TBRaiders - LeSean McCoy
Shadow - Knowshon Moreno
Goldie - Matt Schaub
NFLGeneric - Philip Rivers
Praetorian* - Jonathan Stewart
Kuse - Marion Barber
Kowalski - Calvin Johnson
Janax - Roddy White
Rondo - Brandon Marshall[/spoiler]

[u]Reach of the Round[/u] – I hate to pick on the man twice in a row but Kuse's Cowboy kick has him in the doghouse again. There was some serious top tier talent still on the board, but instead he opted to pick from the third or fourth tier of players. Barber would have been there in round four or five, and he missed out on some impact players with that move.

[u]Steal of the Round[/u] - The last pick of the round is the best pick of the round. Brandon Marshall is probably the best WR available after the Johnson/Moss combo is off the board, yet five of them were picked in between. Rondo's core of Chris Johnson and Brandon Marshall could prove lethal.

[b]Round 3[/b]
[spoiler]Rondo - Eli Manning
Janax - Arian Foster
Kowalski - C.J. Spiller
Kuse - DeSean Jackson
Praetorian* - Steve Smith (CAR)
NFLGeneric - Pierre Thomas
Goldie - Beanie Wells
Shadow - Greg Jennings
TBRaiders - Marques Colston
Gofastleft - Joseph Addai
Magicninja* - Antonio Gates
FrozenBoy - Ronnie Brown
Niota* - Chad Ochocinco
CreepingDeath - Percy Harvin
Astriy - Dallas Clark
Sceptor - Jamaal Charles[/spoiler]

[u]Reach of the Round[/u] – Rondo follows up the steal of the second round with the reach of the third. Instead of cementing his top tier core, he reaches for a QB that was far from the best available, and one who would have been there much later.

[u]Steal of the Round[/u] - A lot of good value was found in this round, so it is hard to pick one out as a steal. Janax can expect a big season out of Arian Foster, and with so many people going RB/RB in the first rounds, I did not think he would make it to round 3.

[b]Round 4[/b]
[spoiler]Sceptor - Joe Flacco
Astriy - Jermichael Finley
CreepingDeath - Ricky Williams
Niota* - Matt Forte
FrozenBoy - Michael Crabtree
Magicninja* - Anquan Boldin
Gofastleft - Steve Smith (NYG)
TBRaiders - Jahvid Best
Shadow - Visanthe Shiancoe
Goldie - Ahmad Bradshaw
NFLGeneric - Wes Welker
Praetorian* - Tim Hightower
Kuse - Sidney Rice
Kowalski - Vernon Davis
Janax - Hakeem Nicks
Rondo - Thomas Jones[/spoiler]

[u]Reach of the Round[/u] – Sidney Rice will miss over half of the season. Didn't stop Kuse from picking him over major targets like Sims-Walker and Pierre Garcon.

[u]Steal of the Round[/u] - Jahvid Best had no right falling as far as he did, and TBRaiders became the beneficiary of that slide.

[b]Round 5[/b]
[spoiler]Rondo - Terrell Owens
Janax - Pierre Garcon
Kowalski - Jay Cutler
Kuse - Jason Witten
Praetorian* - Hines Ward
NFLGeneric - Mike Sims-Walker
Goldie - Carnell Williams
Shadow - Darren McFadden
TBRaiders - Matt Ryan
Gofastleft - Jeremy Maclin
Magicninja* - Dwayne Bowe
FrozenBoy - Patrick Willis
Niota* - Donald Driver
CreepingDeath - Brent Celek
Astriy - Mike Wallace
Sceptor - Carson Palmer[/spoiler]

[u]Reach of the Round[/u] – Apparently Rondo felt the need to get his popcorn ready a few rounds too soon.

[u]Steal of the Round[/u] - I'll give this one to Kuse, when flavor of the month TE's are getting picked a round earlier (paging Jermichael Finley) than a proven scorer like Witten, that can qualify as a steal. The Romo/Witten combo will pay off.

[b]Round 6[/b]
[spoiler]Sceptor - T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Astriy - Kevin Kolb
CreepingDeath - Darren Sproles
Niota* - Santana Moss
FrozenBoy - Steve Breaston
Magicninja* - Jerome Harrison
Gofastleft - Brett Favre
TBRaiders - Reggie Bush
Shadow - Bernard Berrian
Goldie - Dez Bryant
NFLGeneric - Justin Forsett
Praetorian* - Clinton Portis
Kuse - DeMarcus Ware
Kowalski - Kirk Morrison
Janax - Michael Bush
Rondo - Tony Gonzalez[/spoiler]

[u]Reach of the Round[/u] – Everyone picking defensive players when there are still high quality, high upside skill players on the board.

[u]Steal of the Round[/u] - Astriy got Kevin Kolb long after lesser QBs had been taken. His patience paid off in that he was able to spend six rounds stockpiling skill players before ending up with a QB to be very pleased about getting.

[b]Round 7[/b]
[spoiler]Rondo - Robert Meachem
Janax - Felix Jones
Kowalski - Mario Williams
Kuse - LaDanian Tomlinson
Praetorian* - Brandon Jacobs
NFLGeneric - Leon Washington
Goldie - Jacoby Jones
Shadow - Jared Allen
TBRaiders - Zach Miller
Gofastleft - Malcolm Floyd
Magicninja* - Julius Peppers
FrozenBoy - Rob Gronkowski
Niota* - Jon Beason
CreepingDeath - Kevin Boss
Astriy - Johnny Knox
Sceptor - Julian Edelman[/spoiler]

[u]Reach of the Round[/u] – I think he's going to be a great player, but with two other tight ends vying for snaps, and a scheme that has never really favored tight ends, did FrozenBoy make a mistake in drafting Gronkowski where he did?

[u]Steal of the Round[/u] - Could have gone to Gofastleft if he waited a round or two on Floyd, so I'm taking this one for Jacoby Jones. Poised to break out and with the Schaub/Andre Johnson connection in place, it is clear I'm set to live or die with the Texan passing game.

[b]Round 8[/b]
[spoiler]Sceptor - Eric Weddle
Astriy - Devin Aromashodu
CreepingDeath - Roy Williams
Niota* - Chris Cooley
FrozenBoy - Fred Jackson
Magicninja* - Chester Taylor
Gofastleft - Heath Miller
TBRaiders - Lee Evans
Shadow - Derrick Mason
Goldie - Donald Brown
NFLGeneric - John Carlson
Praetorian* - Kevin Smith
Kuse - Donovan McNabb
Kowalski - Kenny Britt
Janax - Trent Cole
Rondo - James Laurinaitis[/spoiler]

[u]Reach of the Round[/u] – CreepingDeath had no excuse picking Roy Williams with some seriously deep WR talent left on the board. Astriy picking Aromashodu a pick before wasn't much better.

[u]Steal of the Round[/u] - If Cooley comes back to form and becomes McNabb's new favorite target, this could pay off massively, but that is a big if. Fred Jackson this late is a no brainer, FrozenBoy definitely got a steal with him.

[b]Round 9[/b]
[spoiler]Rondo - Charles Woodson
Janax - Leon Hall
Kowalski - Kevin Walter
Kuse - Jay Ratliff
Praetorian* - Owen Daniels
NFLGeneric - Devery Henderson
Goldie - Laurent Robinson
Shadow - Kellen Winslow
TBRaiders - Mike Williams
Gofastleft - Robert Mathis
Magicninja* - Louis Murphy
FrozenBoy - Mohamed Massaquoi
Niota* - Larry Johnson
CreepingDeath - Brian Dawkins
Astriy - Willis McGahee
Sceptor - Dustin Keller[/spoiler]

[u]Reach of the Round[/u] – Shadow decided getting a second tight end was more important than shoring up his RB/WR depth. Maybe it was worth it to do so, but not with a guy like Winslow who is rated highly due to his name, not his production.

[u]Steal of the Round[/u] - I'm giving it to myself again. Round 9 is where you get 3rd string WRs and 2nd stringers with limited upside. Robinson is the #1 guy in St. Louis and the guy who would have taken his targets, Donnie Avery, is out for the season. Potential top 10 receiver in the 9th round.

[b]Round 10[/b]
[spoiler]Sceptor - DeMeco Ryans
Astriy - Austin Collie
CreepingDeath - LaRon Landry
Niota* - Braylon Edwards
FrozenBoy - Yeremiah Bell
Magicninja* - Ben Roethlisberger
Gofastleft - Lance Moore
TBRaiders - Barrett Ruud
Shadow - Mario Manningham
Goldie - Montario Hardesty
NFLGeneric - Greg Olsen
Praetorian* - Vincent Jackson
Kuse - Terence Newman
Kowalski - Terrell Suggs
Janax - Vince Young
Rondo - D.J. Williams[/spoiler]

[u]Reach of the Round[/u] – I'll take this one here. Hardesty could pay off as a valuable keeper, but some top tier defensive talent went off the board afterward, and that definitely cost me some points.

[u]Steal of the Round[/u] - Yeremiah Bell is one of the top DB's in the game for fantasy purposes, and usually ends up as one of the top overall defenders. Great value in the 10th.

I could go on, seeing as there were [b]twenty[/b] more rounds after this one, but you don't want to hear me debate the value a 4th string RB has against a K or a third string TE. So I'll cut it off at ten rounds.

Looking forward to the season!

Seeing Tony Romo picked before Aaron Rodgers is pretty funny. Rodgers is going to be beastly this year. Also, good move by Kowalski picking Calvin Johnson where he did, I expect that he'll put up even better numbers this year.

edit: Giants fan here so I might be a bit biased against Romo. :P

Edited by President Obama

[quote name='President Obama' timestamp='1283266619' post='2437062']
Seeing Tony Romo picked before Aaron Rodgers is pretty funny. Rodgers is going to be beastly this year.

edit: Giants fan here so I might be a bit biased against Romo. :P
[/quote]

I think Romo will have a very good season, and could definitely have seen him going in the 2nd round of this draft because QBs are at such a premium when you have 16 teams, but before Rodgers was baaaad.

Just a note so people understand how this worked before they start breaking things down too much. This live draft was completed in 2 hours. 16 teams drafting 30 players each, that is 480 players. That means we averaged a pick every 15 seconds. Actually I think it was 3 were not there so the computer picked for them from their rankings so it was probably around 30 seconds. Some of us picked faster than that since someone, and I won't mention NFLGeneric's name, was always slow. :lol1:

My Roster:
[quote]
[b]Starters[/b]

Matt Ryan QB

Frank Gore RB
LeSean McCoy RB
Jahvid Best RB
Reggie Bush RB

Marques Colston WR
Lee Evans WR
Mike Williams (TB) WR
Devin Hester WR

Zach Miller TE
Tony Moeaki TE

Shayne Graham K BAL

Patrick Chung DB
Eric Berry DB
DeAngelo Hall DB

Brett Keisel DL
Stylez G White DL
Matt Shaughnessy DL

Barrett Ruud LB
Curtis Lofton LB
Rolando McClain LB
Jonathan Vilma LB
Geno Hayes LB

[b]Bench[/b]
Jason Campbell QB
Kareem Huggins RB
Jonathan Dwyer RB
Mike Thomas WR
Dexter McCluster WR
Donte Whitner DB
Morgan Burnett DB [/quote]

I knew QB were going to go early and fully expected to get one of the top two when I saw I drew the 9th slot. I'd predicted going QB/RB/WR in the first three rounds based on my draft position and the make-up of the league. When Gore was still there with the 9th pick I didn't hesitate. From there I decided I would stock up on point scoring RB and grab a lesser QB by round 5 or 6. If I could have any do-overs, I think I would have opted to grab a second starting TE a little earlier and pushed back picking my first IDP (see notes below on IDP).

[b]Team Strength:[/b]
RB: None of the other 16 teams has the RB depth that my team has. It seems like no matter the league you can always find some WR points on the WW when you need it, but it's rare to find any RB points in a deep league when 3rd stringers have been drafted and there are no points for return yards.

LB: I saw the IDP coming off the board and patiently continued to fill my offensive slots. I still managed to grab five (roster limit max is five LB) of my top 25 LB.

[b]Team Weaknesses:[/b]
DL: I was very surprised at how quickly DL came off the board and how many continued to be drafted. The top DL, Jared Allen, scored 99 points in this format last year, the 10th ranked DL scored 65, the 25th DL scored 55, and the 75th DL scored 42. After the top handful of DL came off the board, I knew I wasn't going to reach for players who will get me 3-4 points a week so waited until the very end to fill my 3 required spots. I fully expect to upgrade here through free agency and the waiver wire.

DB: Again, DB went early and often and I chose to fill offense and then LB first. I still managed to nab two young safeties I had ranked in my top 10 in Berry and Chung. I went with Hall as my third starter, but am hoping Burnett turns out to be the real deal and makes my starting roster and took a flier on Whitner hoping maybe he reaches his potential this year. I will need him to cover bye weeks as well. Just like DL, there wasn't a huge drop in DB points from the 20th to the 75th ranked DB. I've played in leagues where the top IDP score near the top RB and WR, but that's not the case in this league and I drafted accordingly.

[b]Other Team Notes:[/b]
QB: I list this position because there is a serious advantage to having a stud QB in this scoring format. Aaron Rodgers scored 419 points in this format last year while Matt Ryan scored 222. That's an average difference of 10 points a week that I will have to make up eleswhere if they score the same this year.

WR/TE: I feel like I got only two studs at these positions. WR Marques Colston and TE Zach Miller. Yes, I am a Raider homer, but I draft to win and only take players from my team where I see value. I believe both can be near the top of their position for the season. For the rest I took some gambles:
Lee Evans WR - Production slipped last year and not confident in Buffalo QB, but if I can get WR2/3 numbers from him will be okay
Mike Williams (TB) WR - The more I watch preseason, the more I love this kid. He is clearly going to be WR#1 for the Tampa offense, but we are talking about Tampa Bay.
Devin Hester WR - No return yards in this league, but we are talking about a Martz offense so hoping for WR3 numbers.
Dexter McCluster WR - My biggest sleeper pick of the draft. I know KC has Charles and Jones at RB and Bowe at WR, but this McCluster kid is dynamic and is getting touches at both RB and WR and might even score a TD or two in returns. We don't get return yards, but any TD's scored count. He will sit on my bench until we see him in live games.
Mike Thomas WR - Not so much a sleeper pick, but someone I've read quite a bit about this offseason and believe he has potential to have a solid WR3/4 type season.
Tony Moeaki TE - Who? Yeah, needed another tight end and the pickings were slim. I had a choice to grab a player who's been in the league a few years and established himself as a TE3/4 type or go with a rookie who I've seen on a sleeper list or two.

Last note I would like to say is great job to the commish for organizing this and to all the other managers for having such a quick and efficient draft. 30 rounds, 16 managers, 480 players taken in just over 2 hours. Let the season begin.

The Romo pick is ridiculous, especially since I was practically begging people to trade my 15th pick, where Romo would definitely still be available.

I'd be shocked if Kuse's team is not the last in the league. Barber is the 2nd choice in a RBBC situation and is his #1 RB. There's only 3 players on his team that will give him any reliable production and the upside of the rest is non-existant. I know with 16 teams everyone's is going to have flaws, but his are glaring

Edited by bhane

My team is amazing.

I was super patient with IDP's, stocking up on a lot of undervalued WR/RB talent that could potentially net me a lot in trades during the season, and I think if Bradford takes off that Laurent Robinson could be this year's Miles Austin.

Here is my team and a breakdown:

[quote]Matt Schaub QB

Ahmad Bradshaw RB
Beanie Wells RB
Carnell Williams RB
Donald Brown RB

Andre Johnson WR
Jacoby Jones WR
Dez Bryant WR
Laurent Robinson WR

Fred Davis TE
Jared Cook TE

Sebastian Janikowski K

Jordan Babineaux DB
Abram Elam DB
Oshiomogho Atogwe DB

Kelly Gregg DL
Jason Taylor DL
Osi Umenyiora DL

Stephen Tulloch LB
David Harris LB
Paul Posluszny LB
Bart Scott LB
Daryl Smith LB

Benched
Derek Anderson QB
Montario Hardesty RB
Brian Hartline WR
Golden Tate WR
Garrett Graham TE
Chinedum Ndukwe DB
Earl Thomas DB[/quote]

Unlike TBRaiders, who expected to go WR first round at his pick but opted for RB, I chose to go for the sure thing, a stud WR, and would let the middle rounds sort out my RB situation. I could have taken Gore, but the possibility of a superduperstar season from Andre Johnson was too enticing, not to mention the available RBs all have mild injury concerns. The plan was to go Johnson/Schaub and that's how it played out.

[b]Team Strengths[/b]
Quarterback - Obviously in a 16 team league QBs are at a premium. I was fortunate to get a stud like Schaub where I got him, in the middle of other QBs flying off the board, and then to get a potential valuable backup in Derek Anderson who just got the Arizona QB job and gets to throw to Larry Fitzgerald.
Wide Receiver - Man am I stacked here. Andre Johnson and Jacoby Jones figure to combine for at least 2400 yards and 20 scores, and combined with Schaub will make me sink or swim on Houston's offense, but the gamble here is that I'll be swimming most of the time. It is my depth where my true talent shines. Bryant will take a whole lot of Romo's targets and is almost assured to improve his draft stock enough to warrant a keeper slot. Laurent Robinson, with Donnie Avery's injury, is the WR Sam Bradford is going to rely on in his first season, and could break through with a monster season. Brian Hartline will get the throws Brandon Marshall doesn't get in Miami, and Golden Tate is a promising rookie up in Seattle. Such talent, and such depth. I'll probably look to trade some of it during the season.

[b]Team Weaknesses[/b]
Top tier RB - Didn't pay the premium for RBs this year, and I don't call the position itself a weakness at all. I have some serious value and upside players there, so who knows, maybe by the end of the season Bradshaw and Wells will be top 10 guys. Cadillac Williams will be the top guy in TB as well, and Donald Brown could take Joseph Addai's place at the nearest sign of trouble. Montario Hardesty is a pure upside pick, I'll probably look to trade him for higher picks next season based on his potential to take over their running game. But not having a Frank Gore or a Steven Jackson to rely on to get 10-20 points a week will hurt, and would have been a nice addition to the team I have in place right now.
Tight End - I made the inexplicable mistake of ignoring the fact that you need to start 2 tight ends, and when I did stop ignoring them, I drafted two with the same bye week! Neither of the guys figures to be impressive, other than Fred Davis, who could shine with McNabb, so I'll probably be dropping one of them and remaining on the hunt for TE value on the WW.

I had a reasonably good draft. I didn't want CJ Spiller in the 3rd (I usually employ a strict no-Bills, no-Jets policy) but I crashed and he was auto-picked, although in retrospect I may keep him now.

I may have jumped a bit early taking Kevin Walter in the 9th but I really like that guy and didn't want to miss out. Main thing for me will be seeing if Suh and McCoy develop into keepers.

Edited by Kowalski

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1283351308' post='2438191']
Unlike TBRaiders, who expected to go WR first round at his pick but opted for RB, I chose to go for the sure thing, a stud WR, and would let the middle rounds sort out my RB situation.
[/quote]
If you read my post I said I expected QB to be my first pick, RB my second, and WR my 3rd and that was really from just mocking the first three rounds a couple times with the flea-flicker mock draft option. It's not like I had a set strategy, but with 8 picks in front of me I was pretty sure CJ, AP, MJD, Rice, Gore, Turner, Rodgers, and either A.Johnson/S.Jackson would all be taken, which would have left me opting for stud QB first. Worked out better than anticipated.

It pains me a bit to say it, but I like Goldie's team the best. As long as the Schauby/Johnson duo doesn't get benched for injury in the season, they'll be putting up numbers with flying colors (as they're one of the if not the best QB / WR combo in the country) - a friend of mine did this pick last year, and he ended up near the top thanks to Schaub's numbers. Interesting pick on Beanie Wells... I wonder if he'll have a good year this year.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1283404544' post='2438911']
It pains me a bit to say it, but I like Goldie's team the best. As long as the Schauby/Johnson duo doesn't get benched for injury in the season, they'll be putting up numbers with flying colors (as they're one of the if not the best QB / WR combo in the country) - a friend of mine did this pick last year, and he ended up near the top thanks to Schaub's numbers. Interesting pick on Beanie Wells... I wonder if he'll have a good year this year.
[/quote]
I'm thinking he'll get more touches this year than he has in the past few, so Wells might actually turn out to be a sleeper difference-maker for a lot of people.

My team:
[quote]Jay Cutler QB

Maurice Jones-Drew RB
CJ Spiller RB
Mike Bell RB

Kevin Walter WR
Calvin Johnson WR
Kenny Britt WR
Early Doucet WR
Davone Bess WR

Vernon Davis TE
Tony Scheffler TE

Jay Feely K

Justin Smith DL
Mario Williams DL
Gerald McCoy DL

Terrell Suggs DL/LB
Karlos Dansby LB
Kirk Morrison LB
A. J. Hawk LB

Chris Gamble DB
Antoine Winfield DB
Cortland Finnegan DB
Quentin Jammer DB

Benched

Matt Cassel QB
Peyton Hillis RB
Josh Morgan WR
Darrius Heyward-Bey WR
Nnamdi Asomugha DB
Ndamukong Suh DL
Hunter Hillenmeyer LB[/quote]

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1283404544' post='2438911']
[/quote]

I was really hoping to have Spiller or Foster fall to me there, although if I had my top 3 picks tied up in Houston's offense I probably would have gone insane. I think Wells was the safest pick on the board there, and in a keeper league could pay real dividends.

My team:
[quote]Joe Flacco QB

Jamaal Charles RB
Ryan Matthews RB
Toby Gerhart RB
Anthony Dixon RB

T.J. Houshmandzadeh WR
Larry Fitzgerald WR
Julian Edelman WR
Devin Thomas WR

Jeremy Shockey TE
Dustin Keller TE

Rob Bironas K

Charles Tillman DB
Tanard Jackson DB
Eric Weddle DB
Kerry Rhodes DB

Leonard Little DL
Calais Campbell DL
Brian Orakpo DL/LB

Dhani Jones LB
E.J. Henderson LB
DeMeco Ryans LB
Keith Rivers LB

Benched:

Carson Palmer QB

Roydell Williams WR
Brian Robiskie WR
Emmanuel Sanders WR

Kevin Payne DB

Kenyon Coleman DL
Jacob Ford DL[/quote]

I'm alright with this considering I came in completely unprepared and distracted and had to autodraft a bit more than I wanted to.

[code]
Kevin Kolb QB PHI
Ryan Grant RB GB
Shonn Greene RB NYJ
Willis McGahee RB BAL
Bernard Scott RB CIN
Mike Wallace WR PIT
Austin Collie WR IND
Johnny Knox WR CHI
Devin Aromashodu WR CHI
Dallas Clark TE IND
Jermichael Finley TE GB
Stupid Kicker
Asst. Defensive Players

Benched
Matthew Stafford QB DET
Deji Karim RB JAC
Chris Chambers WR KC
Anthony Gonzalez WR IND
Chaz Schilens WR OAK
Ed Dickson TE BAL
Mike Wright DL NE

Injured Reserve

LenDale White RB
[/code]

So... this format is different than the standard QB 2RB 3WR TE K Def I have always played, so I realize I made a few fundamental mistakes in the draft, but other than a couple of other participants, I feel I can compete pretty well.

I was hoping to draft a QB a lot earlier but everyone I was willing to draft early went fast. Joe Flacco who I wanted in round 4 got snatched up in the previous pick, so I was going to go with the strategy of getting old undervalued QB's like Favre, McNabb, Campbell and the suspended Roethlisberger. Meanwhile Kolb was getting passed over the likes of Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, Matt Ryan and Jay Cutler. A lot of people think he's going to have a break out season and Philadelphia like to throw a lot, so even a mediocre QB should have a decent season with the amount of throws he'll have. His backup Vick is a side-show, so even if Kolb is sucking, he'll still start. I also think that getting Stafford in the 14th round was pretty lucky. I think the Lions offense will be vastly improved and by mid-season Stafford will be good enough to start in a 16 teamer league.

My 2 starting RB core is solid if unspectacular. WR's are mediocre but with some upside. My TE starters is the best duo in the league. I expected a run on the top tier TE's early, since we have to start 2 of them, but that didn't happen. Anyway, I'm not too dissapointed overreaching for them since I expect both Clark and Finley to give me WR2 numbers, so I don't think I drafted them too far off their value. Flex position and bench are weak, but in a 16 player league that's expected. I'm kicking myself for missing out on RB depth and I'm hoping for Ray Rice, Cedric Benson, and MJD to have season ending injuries (along with Reggie Wayne and Pierre Garcon).

I really didn't pay much attention to defensive players because I didn't wanna.

I agree that Goldie's team is the most solid. Everyone else (other than Kuse) did pretty good too and it'll be a very competitive league.

Edited by bhane