Joint VE/GOONS Announcement

Sardonic

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1283438388' post='2439141']
:(( GOONS :((
[/quote]
OOC:
You know it's funny, you of all people should realize exactly the extent to which we are different from the old GOONS. I suppose you've forgotten the moralist streak of our [i]other[/i] incarnation.

IC:
We have always been an alliance with strong values, diplomatic values, to treat people cordially until they prove themselves to be enemies. We have a lot of common ground with VE.

As an aside, we have more "legitimacy" in the world community than you ever will.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1283425767' post='2439049']
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=38963

Actually that one got more replies.
[/quote]

Congratulations, you managed to find an ODP between the most widely hated alliance in the game and [b]six[/b] other alliances that just barely has more posts than this one which is still going strong.

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1283434224' post='2439099']
That's some pretty awesome blind loyalty. Since I love loyalty, I love you, no matter where your loyalties are.
[/quote]
How about you shut the $%&@ up? Maybe I know a bit more sometimes than I like to give away? You automatically assume I know nothing about the current gov or anything.

I'll tell you: I know and trust Impero, Goldie, and VE a a whole more than you know your own nation. So before you respond with blind ignorance, look up the person you're calling out. I'd have given up my nation for VE back in the day, and if it wouldn't interfere with my duties and loyalties to AcTi, I probably still would if asked. Once a Viridian, always one.

/explosion

Tedd.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1283439284' post='2439151']
As an aside, we have more "legitimacy" in the world community than you ever will.
[/quote]

This is where you're wrong. He, unlike the people he's criticizing, [i]does[/i] have all of Planet Bob all figured out (so much so that there is no way in Valhalla that this relationship was fostered by any means other than the two - yes two - ways he mentioned). And he, and Valhalla of all alliances, [i]do[/i] in fact epitomize legitimacy!

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1283461463' post='2439485']
How about you shut the $%&@ up? Maybe I know a bit more sometimes than I like to give away? You automatically assume I know nothing about the current gov or anything.

I'll tell you: I know and trust Impero, Goldie, and VE a a whole more than you know your own nation. So before you respond with blind ignorance, look up the person you're calling out. I'd have given up my nation for VE back in the day, and if it wouldn't interfere with my duties and loyalties to AcTi, I probably still would if asked. Once a Viridian, always one.

/explosion

Tedd.
[/quote]

If I'm not made for you, [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=968Ugha3WJE"]why does my heart tell me that I am?[/url]

:wub:

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1283438388' post='2439141']
1. It's an effort by GOONS to work toward some sort of "legitimacy" in the world community.
2. It's an attempt by VE to strengthen its ties to the C&G portion of SG megabloc and/or an effort to toughen VE's image.
[/quote]

Neither of these are true, AFAIK. GOONS only has two ties to C&G, while two of VE's MDoAP allies already have strong ties with MK. If anything, VE already had very good friends with many of GOONS' existing allies. The members of both alliances just like each other a lot more, and found out they had more in common than they originally thought.

I blame the sweet, sweet words of those incubi, Sardonic and Ktarthan.

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1283464566' post='2439528']
If I'm not made for you, [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=968Ugha3WJE"]why does my heart tell me that I am?[/url]

:wub:
[/quote]

I was hoping for a rickroll, but that song/video :gag:

The amount of gossip and rumors would make this high school teacher swear this thread has as much drama as what one would find in a typical high school. Thankfully, I have a simple solution for rumors and gossip. If you can't back up what you say without documented facts and informations, don't rely on hearsay or general conversation as a source.

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1283466155' post='2439551']
I blame the sweet, sweet words of those incubi, Sardonic and Ktarthan.
[/quote]

Good lord, there's a mental image I didn't need.

Sardonic, I like you man, but if you appear in my bedroom in the middle of the night I'm going for the baseball bat.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1283439284' post='2439151']
OOC:
You know it's funny, you of all people should realize exactly the extent to which we are different from the old GOONS. I suppose you've forgotten the moralist streak of our [i]other[/i] incarnation.

IC:
We have always been an alliance with strong values, diplomatic values, to treat people cordially until they prove themselves to be enemies. We have a lot of common ground with VE.[/quote]

[i]OOC: Moralist? :lol1: At least you somethingawful.com types have a sense of humor, however twisted it might be.[/i]

So then Bilrow will provide you with a character reference? Good to know.

No, you do draw a crowd in all your incarnations. You also manage to play the political portion of things around here well...to a point. I have yet however to see an incarnation of GOONS that didn't do something that finally trigger their demise. I had concerns when you came here from 'elsewhere' as you announced in your DoE and so far you seem to be doing things a bit better this round here.

Of course, if you want to continue to treat me like your moral enemy, Rebel Virgina, I'm afraid I'm going to have to declare my boredom in advance and go find something else to do.

[quote]As an aside, we have more "legitimacy" in the world community than you ever will.[/quote]

[i]OOC: There's that somethingawful.com humor again.[/i] :lol1:

Son, I've been insulted by better people for less reason. Take that weak stuff back to your forums.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1283477223' post='2439700']
Good lord, there's a mental image I didn't need.

Sardonic, I like you man, but if you appear in my bedroom in the middle of the night I'm going for the baseball bat.
[/quote]
But I just wanted a hug!

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1283463173' post='2439508']
This is where you're wrong. He, unlike the people he's criticizing, [i]does[/i] have all of Planet Bob all figured out (so much so that there is no way in Valhalla that this relationship was fostered by any means other than the two - yes two - ways he mentioned). And he, and Valhalla of all alliances, [i]do[/i] in fact epitomize legitimacy!
[/quote]

I'm happy to see that you learned how to spell 'Valhalla' at least. I'd comment further, but clearly your ego would crowd out any sort of logic I might add to the conversation.

Have a nice day! :awesome:

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1283479215' post='2439744']
I'm happy to see that you learned how to spell 'Valhalla' at least. I'd comment further, but clearly your ego would crowd out any sort of logic I might add to the conversation.

Have a nice day! :awesome:
[/quote]

I wish I had found out sooner it wasn't spelled F-a-i-l-h-a-l-l-a. I'm so embarrassed.

I'm tickled though your only response to what I say lately is to complement me on my impeccable ego.

You, my friend, have a nice day too! [img]http://thecastlehall.com/boards/Smileys/kickass/gay.gif[/img]