Friedland claims protection over Baltic

Sigurd Odinnson

BY DECREE OF HIS ROYAL MAJESTY, SIGISMUND I
With little response to His Majesty’s efforts to unite the Baltic in peaceful trade and friendly exchange, it has been made clear to the Kingdom of Friedland that the interests of Friedland in the Baltic must be protected by other means. In this knowledge, His Majesty King Sigismund hereby decrees that a Friedland navy shall be raised to patrol the Baltic and protect Friedland interests in the region.

To raise and command this navy, His Majesty appoints Lord Albrecht von Mecklenburg-Strelitz as the Lord High Commissioner of the Admiralty of Friedland. Other Baltic nations are asked to open their ports to the Friedland [i]Kriegsmarine[/i] for refueling, servicing, and respite for Friedland sailors. In return to offering sanctuary to the Friedland navy, ports that allow for the docking of the Friedland navy will be guaranteed protection on the Baltic.

His Excellency Lord Albrecht shall be expanding the present Friedland navy, presently consisting of

SMS Albrecht Wallenstein; [i]Linienschlachtschiff[/i]
SMS Stralsund; [i]Kreuzer[/i]
SMS Rostock; [i]Kreuzer[/i]
SMS Vorpommern; [i]Fregatte[/i]
SMS Silisien; [i]Fregatte[/i]
SS Odal; [i]Korvette[/i]
SS Kreuzzuger; [i]Korvette
[/i]
These modern ships for the Friedland navy are further supported by the small personal navy of Lord Albrecht himself, consisting of several steam-powered ironclads that have been thoroughly renovated for seaworthiness; the seven small ships consist of

SS Anna Marie; converted mine-layer
SS Sophie; converted mine-layer
SS Wilhelmina; converted mine-layer
SS Friedrich; iron-clad
SS Heinrich; iron-clad
SS Siegfried; iron-clad
SS Jürgen; iron-clad

Finally, a ceremonial navy has been gathered to represent the grand armada planned by Sigismund’s great ancestor Albrecht Wallenstein. In the interest that it might be made clear that Friedland is still interested in peaceful cooperation with its neighbours, this navy shall host historical battle reenactments with other antique ships of the line if other nations should see fit to contribute said ships.

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3e/CTF-150.jpg/800px-CTF-150.jpg[/img]

"We will allow Friedland to use our ports anytime, and we will also allow them to freely use the channel connecting the Baltic to the German sea, for their convenience. Additionally, we have available at Nordheim a restored Polarstern II, built in the times of the First Nordland. It has been disarmed and serves as a floating museum however. We could take it for a spin to visit."

[quote name='BaronUberstein' timestamp='1282068207' post='2419944']
OOC: Are you part of CNRP or is this something else?
[/quote]

OOC

Sorry for the confusion; I didn't feel like waiting for Sargun to update the map, so I just kind of dove in RPing. Friedland is located in Bohemia and Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.

It is not the policy of this government to shelter or quarter foreign non-allied military ships and sailors in our ports, especially while we’re engaged in a war. In order to maintain our security our territorial waters must remain closed to all foreign naval ships that have not signed a treaty with this nation. We have the utmost confidence that our wishes will be respected in this matter.

[quote name='graniteknight' timestamp='1282071906' post='2420028']
The Continental Union supports this action- HRH Caesar Hightower I
[/quote]

The Kingdom of Friedland thanks the Continental Union for their support and promises safe passage to CU ships in the Baltic.

[quote name='Franz Ferdinand' timestamp='1282074741' post='2420094']
"Until stability has been restored to Europe, the Kingdom of Friedland is advised to stay out of the territorial waters and/or ports of Denmark. This is not meant to be a act of hostility towards our Baltic brethren and is mostly in place to keep our magnificent leader at ease."
[/quote]
[quote name='Justinian the Mighty' timestamp='1282083234' post='2420410']
It is not the policy of this government to shelter or quarter foreign non-allied military ships and sailors in our ports, especially while we’re engaged in a war. In order to maintain our security our territorial waters must remain closed to all foreign naval ships that have not signed a treaty with this nation. We have the utmost confidence that our wishes will be respected in this matter.
[/quote]
[quote name='Il Terra Di Agea' timestamp='1282084839' post='2420469']
"We are sorry to alert the Friedland Navy, but we are capable of protecting our own Baltic waters. We request that no foreign Military vessel pass into our EEZ, and of course, and attempt to enter anyway, will be met with force. Good day."
[/quote]

His Majesty King Sigismund is deeply disappointed by the reactions he has elicited from his neighbours for attempting to guarantee safe trade and passage for ships and asserting the right of Friedland as a sovereign State to protect its interests. It is further regrettable that only one nation has responded positively to the invitation for the international historical celebration to be hosted by His Majesty King Sigismund. The Friedland Navy will be patrolling the Baltic to protect the interests of the Kingdom of Friedland. This should not be considered a threat, but likewise the Kingdom of Friedland will offer no assistance or protection to Swedish, Danish, or Slavorussian victims of piracy and disruption of trade.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1282091892' post='2420680']
"China offers to sell Friedland sea skimming anti-ship missiles and OTH naval radar systems to assist it in this worthy endeavor."
[/quote]

His Majesty King Sigismund graciously accepts this gregarious offer from such a distant land. The Chinese people may consider themselves diplomatically welcome in the capital of Friedland and may further consider their trade interests in the Baltic fully protected by Friedland's naval forces.