My observations after 5 rounds

CubaQuerida

What NB / Porkshrmp / BasktballN / TFD does is not war and is not in the least bit respectable. You have perpetually taken advantage of the fact that the round is only 60 days long and one nuke can disable up to 10% of a nation's collect.

Therefore you can call yourselves underdogs, non-cowards or whatever you want, but it doesn't change the fact that you only hide for 50 days just to declare on people who are high NS, send one nuke at the 55 day mark, and then log off. I have YET to find any of these rogues worth fighting and it's just sad that TE has to come down to this rogue-witchhunt every round.

Reminds me of Al Qaida...

Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, honestly I'd be surprised if you are even checking your nation or the forums at this point!

Edited by CubaQuerida

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say what... we're all pretty active and fighting back hard if we attacked.

I think you're the one hurt here that RD hid all round and will now fail, seeing as we fought earlier this round too.

Also, you honestly believe if we hadn't of hit you, that no one else woulda?

Lastly, don't lump us in with those TFD guys, we're fighting, creating war, doing more than most alliances were, you guys at RD picked a weak target to hit so you could fake a war, pretend you're involved, and then just skate on by trying to win.

BTW, mind telling us who you are in TE?

On second thought, I'd like to also add that if you don't like fighting, don't play TE.

Edited by lonewolfe2015

TE is about hurt feelings, perpetuating war and conducting witch hunts. It's a one stop shop for scoundrels and I hope buisiness picks up next round.

Go look at the [u][i][b]400+[/b][/i][/u] posts in the last few days on our forums and tell me we're inactive. Go ask Sonic Boom, Chintanland and Commish how inactive we are.

You guys sat and didn't war the entire round as an alliance. Before your "war" with MXCA started, many of you had zero casualties. Even someone like me, who started off with flag aspirations had about 15k casualties before I got rogued 3 weeks ago.

Get off your soapbox and scroll down our screens. See the nukes flying, see the fact most of us are on 3 targets and at best have one other person on one and two on one (in my case). We're still here. If you don't think so, climb out of anarchy and come find me.

While you're at it ask Murder Inc if we're active and if we can fight. Ask Catharsis who blitzed us and was in 100% anarchy 24 hours later. Ask LE (who kicked our @#$%).

I've liked RD on the past rounds, but look around before you cast a stone. We've done more fighting this round than you guys have even contemplated.

Edited by Cellardoor

[quote name='CubaQuerida' timestamp='1281749132' post='2415171']
What NB / Porkshrmp / BasktballN / TFD does is not war and is not in the least bit respectable. You have perpetually taken advantage of the fact that the round is only 60 days long and one nuke can disable up to 10% of a nation's collect.

Therefore you can call yourselves underdogs, non-cowards or whatever you want, but it doesn't change the fact that you only hide for 50 days just to declare on people who are high NS, send one nuke at the 55 day mark, and then log off. I have YET to find any of these rogues worth fighting and it's just sad that TE has to come down to this rogue-witchhunt every round.

Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, honestly I'd be surprised if you are even checking your nation or the forums at this point!
[/quote]
Thats why we, at OP, don't care about the flag, we just war with other AAs, which is what TE is supposed to be about.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1281751564' post='2415224']
Thats why we, at OP, don't care about the flag, we just war with other AAs, which is what TE is supposed to be about.
[/quote]

Everyone had ample opportunity to declare on us throughout the round. RD is faulting us for doing what they did. Only we also started an offensive war. The difference is despite our wars and three of us getting rogued and hit with 5 nukes (me 2, 3 over the other 2), we STILL built up to a point where we could do this. We're warring with the other AAs. Just because the intent behind it doesn't match OPs doesn't make us opposites.

/o OP

[/quote]

Ok riddle me this. If TE is only 60 days long, and everyone starts with a level playing field and a nuke is so powerful then how come you don't get equally many nukes? We have no specific advantage. Also we totally hid sitting in the 5th place AA for most of the round open to attack from anyone who wanted to hit us. Going to war with The Abyss etc. Yeah you need to build up early in the round to have the end round damage potential but really what do you actually expect?

Also comparing us to extremists like AQ is completely and utterly wrong. That's ridiculous to even make the comparison. Its OOC and insulting.

Edited by commander thrawn

Who was hiding? We sat here and waited for someone to bring the fight to us, and no-one did, what the hell were we meant to do? sit on 200 nukes till the end of the round? we can't take them through to the next round you know.

5 rounds of observations eh? Well Pork Shrimp has been around for 11 rounds and heres a newsflash, we don't care what anyone thinks and we don't care what others claim TE 'should be about'.

We set our goals each round, and we set out to achieve them. We have made many friends along the way, and we are one of the most loyal and honourable alliances out there if you do the right thing by us, (feel free take note of who we didn't attack and why we didn't attack them).

We may be called the Nordic Ballers this round, but this is Pork Shrimp, when we set out to do something like this, we go all out in an ordered, disciplined, and rutheless manner, this isn't the first round we have done this, and it won't be the last.

Edited by Jack Shepard

[quote name='Jack Shepard' timestamp='1281753810' post='2415270']
Who was hiding? We sat here and waited for someone to bring the fight to us, and no-one did, what the hell were we meant to do? sit on 200 nukes till the end of the round? we can't take them through to the next round you know.

5 rounds of observations eh? Well Pork Shrimp has been around for 11 rounds and heres a newsflash, we don't care what anyone thinks and we don't care what others claim TE 'should be about'.

We set our goals each round, and we set out to achieve them. We have made many friends along the way, and we are one of the most loyal and honourable alliances out there if you do the right thing by us, (feel free take note of who we didn't attack and why we didn't attack them).

We may be called the Nordic Ballers this round, but this is Pork Shrimp, when we set out to do something like this, we go all out in an ordered, disciplined, and rutheless manner, this isn't the first round we have done this, and it won't be the last.
[/quote]

+1000

What NB / Porkshrmp / BasktballN / TFD does is not war and is not in the least bit respectable.
[/quote]

:huh:

Please watch your language, there are ladies trying to war here :P

This is the correct way:

"What NB / Porkshrmp / BasktballN / TFD does IS war and WAR is not in the least bit respectable."

There, much better. ;)

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='sarasate' timestamp='1281757261' post='2415320']
Sorry... I should probably know this, but... what does TFD stand for?
[/quote]

The Foreign Division. They're a SE alliance that, I believe, contracts out flags. They play TE for flags then sell the rights to it in SE. Pretty effective at it from my admittedly limited knowledge.

Luckily, to flesh out what others have said, we keep an insufferably-detailed accounting of our successes and failures, which you can find [url=http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Pork_shrimp]here[/url]...feel free to scroll down to Rounds 9 and 10 to see how little fighting we've been doing.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1281757740' post='2415332']
Luckily, to flesh out what others have said, we keep an insufferably-detailed accounting of our successes and failures, which you can find [url=http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Pork_shrimp]here[/url]...feel free to scroll down to Rounds 9 and 10 to see how little fighting we've been doing.
[/quote]

Did you purposely leave out rd 11 where we were at war for half the round against about 8 alliances total?

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1281757854' post='2415334']
Did you purposely leave out rd 11 where we were at war for half the round against about 8 alliances total?
[/quote]

Nope, as it turns out I can't count to 10, which is well beyond my limitation of potato. That should've been Rounds 10 and 11.

Like I said, you can call yourselves warriors and try to bash other AA's for trying to be successful, but the rogue antics are pretty much [b]the reason TE loses 25% of its players each round[/b].

You cannot deny the numbers. [i]TE used to have 3000+ players, then 2500, then 2000 and now barely 1500[/i]. People do NOT want to play all round and work hard to build their nation only to have their efforts bashed by some person whose only order was [u]"go nuke this person"[/u].

As far as my personal nation, I have been #1 in total casualties twice now going into the final week and I'm not even going to entertain question about the ferocity of RD's war capabilities.

I'm just sad that TE always has to end with [b]shenanigans[/b] and [b]fake alliances[/b] and [b]rogueish suicide bombing[/b].

Edited by CubaQuerida

[quote name='CubaQuerida' timestamp='1281758328' post='2415340']
Like I said, you can call yourselves warriors and try to bash other AA's for trying to be successful, but the rogue antics are pretty much [b]the reason TE loses 25% of its players each round[/b].

You cannot deny the numbers. [i]TE used to have 3000+ players, then 2500, then 2000 and now barely 1500[/i]. People do NOT want to play all round and work hard to build their nation only to have their efforts bashed by some person whose only order was [u]"go nuke this person"[/u].

As far as my personal nation, I have been #1 in total casualties twice now going into the final week and I'm not even going to entertain question about the ferocity of RD's war capabilities.

I'm just sad that TE always has to end with [b]shenanigans[/b] and [b]fake alliances[/b] and [b]rogueish suicide bombing[/b].
[/quote]

So what do you propose, oh wise one? Btw, TE was big was it was longer, you seem like someone woefully uninformed.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1281758547' post='2415343']
So what do you propose, oh wise one? Btw, TE was big was it was longer, you seem like someone woefully uninformed.
[/quote]

Proposed changes never seem to get looked at by the admins, but I would not be the first to suggest a nerf of the nuclear penalty. It's not that nations can't handle multiple nuclear wars and still recover, it's the fact that it only takes one person half your NS with one nuke on the 55th day to ruin 10% of your nations' collect (which accounts for probably 20% of your total). I'm not attacking anyone's play through the first month and a half, it's just sad that it always seems to come down to this.

Edited by CubaQuerida

[quote name='CubaQuerida' timestamp='1281759029' post='2415353']
Proposed changes never seem to get looked at by the admins, but I would not be the first to suggest a nerf of the nuclear penalty. It's not that nations can't handle multiple nuclear wars and still recover, it's the fact that it only takes one person half your NS with one nuke on the 55th day to ruin 10% of your nations' collect (which accounts for probably 20% of your total). I'm not attacking anyone's play through the first month and a half, it's just sad that it always seems to come down to this.
[/quote]

Oh, right. So saying we hide for 50 days and then fight isn't attacking us for the previous days of the round? Come on man, you made this thread because you're getting your butt whooped since you couldn't properly hide yourself to win the flag, or you couldn't properly survive a war to win the flag.

And since you devoted your round to trying to win the flag, you didn't have any fun with wars before hand. But newsflash, we actually did fight before, and we're the ones bringing the fights now. So no matter what happens this round, we're having fun and enjoying the game. I know a lot of the people that are fighting against us, with us, or in other wars sparked from this, are having fun too.

It's people like you who do nothing for the entire round, then complain because you got attacked, that cause the game to shrink and die, because all you do is expect to be in your own little neutral alliance and then pull some sorta stunt at the end that someone just happened to be more prepared for than you because you weren't able to be cunning enough to pull it off.

Don't blame us, blame yourself for failing this round and try again next round a different way. Or better yet, attack us sooner next round claiming we're flag running and have your fun then.

You cannot deny the numbers. [i]TE used to have 3000+ players, then 2500, then 2000 and now barely 1500[/i]. People do NOT want to play all round and work hard to build their nation only to have their efforts bashed by some person whose only order was [u]"go nuke this person"[/u].[/quote]

So Pork Shrimp is responsible for the death of TE now eh? Gee, maybe the falling number on Planet Steve could perhaps be attributed to the falling number on Planet Bob?

Outrageous idea I know.

[/quote]

As opposed to ending the round with a fake non nuclear war with Aztec filling all your defensive slots so that you could waltz to the flag eh?

You can't force people to play TE the way you want it to be played, just call a spade a spade, you want it to be played however it suits you and your alliance best. Well guess what, we play TE how it suits our alliance best.

Would this thread have been here if we didn't attack you personally, or RD? No way, because we have done this several times in the past 5 rounds and I didn't see you complaining then. You would have been fist pumping from the sidelines about how this improved your position.

This is simply a complaint thread because things didn't go your way, nothing more, nothing less.

Has everything gone our way this round? No way, far from it, but you don't see me up here starting a thread whining about how those who put bumps in our road aren't playing TE how is should be played.

Like I said, you can call yourselves warriors and try to bash other AA's for trying to be successful
[/quote]

We're not going for self-aggrandizement here, simply pointing out that there's a flaw in the perspective that you've forwarded.

As for roguing, here's the dirty little secret: we aren't the only ones doing it. We're [i]never[/i] the only ones doing it, and during times that we're busy getting ourselves ground into dust in what you'd consider a more legitimate fashion, it's still going on without our involvement.

[quote]It's not that nations can't handle multiple nuclear wars and still recover, it's the fact that it only takes one person half your NS with one nuke on the 55th day to ruin 10% of your nations' collect (which accounts for probably 20% of your total)[/quote]

If you're concerned about your nation's collection on the 55th day, it's because you're running. And if you're running and haven't warred with anyone previous, you have gained a competitive advantage over those who have fought. And those who have fought a little have gained a competitive advantage over those who have fought constantly. Same with those who donate vs. those who don't. So long as Steve is structured such that there are two separate and almost diametrically opposed motives coexisting, there will be no such thing as a perfectly-even playing field, and as such you will continue to see alliances taking a more direct approach when confronted with the need for a competitive advantage...like, say, nuking everything in sight.

And while you might claim to be above the fray and such underhanded tactics as misdirection, your largest nation shifted over to ghost our AA before you launched your non-nuclear war with AZTEC.

Edited by Schad