Confirmation of Independence

Proxian Empire

[center][img]http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.co.uk/time-zone/europe/uk/scotland/images/flag-of-scotland.jpg[/img][/center]

Despite the hunger of greedy neighbours desperate to steal Scottish territory, I, President Walter Smith, confirm that the Scottish people insist on retaining their independence. That will be all.

OOC: Continuing your one post every twenty-five days so you can stave off giving prime European land to new RPers, bravo.

IC:

"Louisiana wonders why Scotland continues to announce useless garbage such as this to the world. Of course your nation is independent, no one has challenged that."

OOC: Clever, if I recall correctly I have given virtually all of my mainland European territory to new RPers. In fact Portugal is still available, but no one has messaged me mentioning their interest.

IC: Scotland's independence has been violated recently by Norweigian forces. Ample information was made available on this matter in the news as of late, but of course we do not expect Louisianan's to know how to read.

OOC
Yeah KP dude, posting once every 25 days is abusing the system dude and its not fair to other RPers cough mainly me, who want Great Britain or at least a piece of it.

IC
The Scottish government has collapsed and turned the former nation into an anarchy state now under the protection of two other nations. We can not allow the government of Scotland to abandon their people again by recognizing an anarchist government. Therefor, the las Malvinas does not recognize Scotland as a nation unless this new government gains the appropriate authorization from the protecting nations of the land.

Sincerley
Alice Wesker
Las Malvinas"

Edited by Zoot Zoot

[quote name='JEDCJT' timestamp='1281323067' post='2406189']
"J Andres echoes Louisiana's statement. What is the point of announcing your intent to be independent, when you are [i]already[/i] independent?"
[/quote]
We are not announcing intent, we are re-affirming that we are independent and will not be pushed around.

[quote name='King Penchuk' timestamp='1281323130' post='2406196']
We are not announcing intent, we are re-affirming that we are independent and will not be pushed around.
[/quote]

"The world already knows that you are independent, and given the fact that you have allies, I doubt they would push you around."

[quote name='JEDCJT' timestamp='1281323287' post='2406204']
"The world already knows that you are independent, and given the fact that you have allies, I doubt they would push you around."
[/quote]
Scotland will forgive J Andres for not being up to date on Norwegian violation of Scottish territory, but this is the reason behind this announcement.

OOC: Oh really, when is the last time you have given Wales, England, etc... away? I know for a fact a few people have asked for it. If you want to post once every twenty-five days, that is your right to do so - but don't act like you don't do it and are a saint for giving away land you care nothing about aka Iberian land.

IC:

"Continual garbage from the Scottish, what else is new?"

Private:

A message was sent to the Norwegians -

"Louisiana sends their congratulations on sucesfully pissing off the Scottish. Let us know if we can assist you."

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1281323395' post='2406217']
OOC: Oh really, when is the last time you have given Wales, England, etc... away? I know for a fact a few people have asked for it. If you want to post once every twenty-five days, that is your right to do so - but don't act like you don't do it and are a saint for giving away land you care nothing about aka Iberian land.

IC:

"Continual garbage from the Scottish, what else is new?"

Private:

A message was sent to the Norwegians -

"Louisiana sends their congratulations on sucesfully pissing off the Scottish. Let us know if we can assist you."
[/quote]
A dead fish and box of tissues was sent to Louisiana on Scotland's behalf to dry their tears. Following this, communication with Louisiana was cut off.

Edited by King Penchuk

[quote name='King Penchuk' timestamp='1281323486' post='2406222']
A dead fish and box of tissues was sent to Louisiana on Scotland's behalf to dry their tears. Following this, communication with Louisiana was been cut off.
[/quote]

Seeing as how no post from Scotland is allowed in Louisianan territories, and Scotland should realize this as they have tried sending dead fish to Louisiana before, the postage never made it inside Louisiana and was turned away and sent back to Scotland.

Christ, the bickering between the two of you is impossible. Are you world leaders or eight year olds? And if either of you say "he started it" you will be getting a nuke for your birthday.

Now, as we have not seen this Norwegian interference with Scottish borders, we would simply ask for proof as we probably missed with the hustle and bustle of the world today (OOC: forum link por favor).

- Sir Michael Harland
President of the Republic of York

OOC: 25th day means wipe, if ITDA and DS would like to let you come back that is fine, otherwise it sticks. Sorry, that is the rule.

Your territory became white space and you lost control of your population, your military, and your government. If someone outside of the territory wants to give you land to RP a government in exile that is fine, but we are not going back to the cluster $%&@ that happened with tahoe.

This situation differs as you were wiped for inactivity, whereas mudd's government was said to have auto-collapsed (on the 11th day of inactivity) with the caveat that resistance still existed. So just to pre-empt that appeal, it is not an applicable precedent, and even if it was I never want to see such a ridiculous contortion of rules ever again. The rule is 25th day = wipe. Insurgency and population rights are only retained when there is no break in continuity.

Edited by iamthey

[b]The Scottish government has collapsed and turned the former nation into an anarchy state now under the protection of two other nations. We can not allow the government of Scotland to abandon their people again by recognizing an anarchist government. Therefor, the Spanish Republic does not recognize Scotland as a nation unless this new government gains the appropriate authorization from the protecting nations of the land.
[/b]

[i]José[/i]

OOC: You've been wiped from the map.

The Athenian Federation will continue recognition of the true Scottish government, should it so be needed we also offer refuge and support to the government in their cause for independence.

OOC: You can set up a government in exile in Athens.

"On a personal level, Queen Amyante of Zargathia is saddened that her country of birth is no longer in existence. We hope that its new ruler shall once again grace the nation with wisdom and stable leadership."