Ragnarok Declaration of War

[quote name='shaneprice' timestamp='1281319934' post='2405982']
This is sad, but the fact that so many declared upon so few indicates that they are springing a trap to bring NPO and IRON in again. When you try to set traps you should be a bit less obvious.
[/quote]
Or, maybe, there just aren't that many NSO nations to hit...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1281318774' post='2405890']
[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1281318120' post='2405830']
You could try responding to me, I replied to your response in this thread. Can you tell me why it was so important to hit NSO before they went to peace mode that you had to completely omit diplomacy? Basically making their decision to enter peace mode as part of your reason for war? What a heinous crime, NSO entering peace mode. The other reason being, in a worst case scenario where NSO are evil and do things wrong on purpose, the aiding of a trivial amount of money to a trivial sized nation - Clearly a major situation that requires immediate war and cannot have any hope for a diplomatic solution.

[b]Or you could continue to ignore my words and make character attacks[/b], and then pretend that we haven't called you out on your little ploy.

How's it feel that you didn't get the big prize? It must really sting.
[/quote]
I didn't respond to you because you're just as annoying, misinformed, and useless as I remember. You have yet to make a valid point and sit and repeat yourself. You are incorrect in every post you have made, and quite possibly in every post you have [b]ever[/b] made. Why anyone would take the time to sit and argue with such a gnat is incomprehensible.
[/quote]Aww, let's not snip things when the post you're responding to calls you out on what you're about to do! That would just make you look silly when the other guy decides to call you out on it.

Maybe you could make up a few points if you tried to explain why RoK just had to ignore diplomacy when NSO went out of their way to offer a diplomatic solution. Of course, you'd probably just lose even more points, since we've all figured out the real reason by now, so perhaps it's best from your perspective to remain silent on the issue.

This is sad, but the fact that so many declared upon so few indicates that they are springing a trap to bring NPO and IRON in again. When you try to set traps you should be a bit less obvious.
[/quote]
Or it's because NSO was going into PM and we had to get them before they hit PM, thus the early declaration and the additional alliances? No, that would make too much sense... so, this is obviously a trap designed to get NPO!

[/quote]

Why is everything always a plot to set up IRON? And if it's such an obvious trap why did NSO choose to spring it? :iiam:

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1281319387' post='2405934']
You're totally missing the part where we say we will protect our member unless you provide further proof. You know, a lot like how you said don't send aid? Yea. Kind of like that.
[/quote]

Your 'member' was quite a handful at the time of his application. Just because he's only in defensive wars doesn't mean 'he's good'. Wasn't there a point where you said to yourself: "Gee, I wonder why he's in all these defensive wars..." The wars with Ragnarok and TENE probably should have been red flags off the bat. Not only that, but (as I'm sure you've done your homework on this) you were given plenty of outs, plenty of chances to make right. If you were looking to make right, and resolve this peacefully maybe you should have taken more care in who you trust to negotiate. Heft is one heck of a shoddy diplomat.

[quote name='silentkiller' timestamp='1281319542' post='2405950']
u mad? :smug:

You are always welcome to Dow us if you are so desperate for some war though. Not to mention that NPO isn't the topic of this discussion so how about we keep this on topic?
[/quote]

Not mad at all. I prefer this to you fighting, actually. It means NPO hits yet another low. I'm happy you proved to the world yet again what a terrible alliance and ally you are.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1281320237' post='2406005']
Not mad at all. I prefer this to you fighting, actually. It means NPO hits yet another low. I'm happy you proved to the world yet again what a terrible alliance and ally you are.
[/quote]

Why does everyone think this has something to do with NPO? Seriously, its borderline paranoia...

Oh, and nice sig Penkala :awesome:

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1281319887' post='2405976']
I see no definitive proof that they were a result of aggressive spy action, nor do I see any evidence of the member going through the peace process. I only see your empty words. However, I can see proof that this member nation was in two offensive wars and that you aided them.
[/quote]

It is one new member's word verses that of RoK. Thus a request for proof. Is it that difficult to understand? We were more than willing to discuss matters but RoK wanted no truck with it.

[/quote]

Truly we are a terrible ally, we pay attention to the requests of our treaty partner. Please, show us the light.

[quote name='JD Storm' timestamp='1281318433' post='2405860']
to quote my favorite TV character, this is a good day to die! for Ragnarok sake, they'd better feel the same way. NSO will kick butt & take initials (not stopping long enough for full names).
[/quote]

That's why most of you are going hippie?

[quote name='Qazzian' timestamp='1281320417' post='2406018']
Truly we are a terrible ally, we pay attention to the requests of our treaty partner. Please, show us the light.
[/quote]

And once again, everyone who ever ran from a war said the exact same thing. NSO did what they had to do -- request you not to join. It's like saying "no really, you don't have to do that for me" to a buddy as your teeth fly everywhere. Your buddy shouldn't just say "oh ok" and walk away. Especially when he has a written document saying that if this happened he'd have your back. Is that really hard to understand?

[quote name='bcndwilson' timestamp='1281320471' post='2406020']
Meh, weak sauce.

Not sure you really needed all those alliances for this either.

o/ NSO
[/quote]
Sadly, everyone in RoK was not online at the time, and so to stop the entire NSO getting into PM, they needed to engage. It's amazing that people are still confused by this. It happens in *every* war.

[/quote]

Perfect, it means we are doing something right if someone like you thinks its wrong. Now that you have made your point how about we go back to the topic at hand. hmm?

Edited by silentkiller

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1281320627' post='2406034']
Sadly, everyone in RoK was not online at the time, and so to stop the entire NSO getting into PM, they needed to engage. It's amazing that people are still confused by this. It happens in *every* war.
[/quote]
Hey now, don't ruin their fun. I mean, this is [i]obviously[/i] a plot to get at NPO and there can be no other reason for it!

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1281320603' post='2406028']
And once again, everyone who ever ran from a war said the exact same thing. NSO did what they had to do -- request you not to join. It's like saying "no really, you don't have to do that for me" to a buddy as your teeth fly everywhere. Your buddy shouldn't just say "oh ok" and walk away. Especially when he has a written document saying that if this happened he'd have your back. Is that really hard to understand?
[/quote]

You reaaally want a big war. Would it not be easier to persuade me to call in my allies? I really miss your war-mongering queries.

[quote name='Jonathan Archer' timestamp='1281320128' post='2405996']
Or it's because NSO was going into PM and we had to get them before they hit PM, thus the early declaration and the additional alliances? No, that would make too much sense... so, this is obviously a trap designed to get NPO!
[/quote]Let it be known that going into peace mode is officially considered an act of war on RoK, both by your and Hoo's admission. That normally wouldn't be the case if you didn't decide to ignore all diplomatic routes. But you did.

That means you went into this [i]wanting to start a war[/i]. If you didn't want to start a war you would have allowed for the diplomatic solution to come. Instead you went out of your way to stifle diplomacy, and rush to the attack over an insignificant and trivial issue.

[/quote]

Yes, it was quite clearly a trap- it isn't like Hoo said exactly what he considered aiding the guy to be or anything.

Hey, wait.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1281320974' post='2406053']
Let it be known that going into peace mode is officially considered an act of war on RoK, both by your and Hoo's admission. That normally wouldn't be the case if you didn't decide to ignore all diplomatic routes. But you did.

That means you went into this [i]wanting to start a war[/i]. If you didn't want to start a war you would have allowed for the diplomatic solution to come. Instead you went out of your way to stifle diplomacy, and rush to the attack over an insignificant and trivial issue.
[/quote]
Oh, so the CB was the NSO entering into PM? Thank you for enlightening us!

[NATO, your DoW is at update.]

Of course they wanted war, the NSO was aiding and supporting a nation attacking their protectorate. They were stonewalled by the NSO.

[quote name='Pyroman' timestamp='1281317793' post='2405805']
I really don't get why everyone wants NSO's allies to get involved. I thought you all wanted NSO to be destroyed. Isn't that why you had 1000.12 (.12 to include TENE) alliances declare all at once? (excuse the exaggeration)
[/quote]

Do you know how people run into peace mode? This is how that.

[quote name='Necromancer V4L' timestamp='1281319428' post='2405936']
If you guys want to DoW NPO, why are you even bothering to try and find a (semi)valid CB? You've got the balls and firepower to do it, so stop screwing around and make it happen already.
[/quote]

Why is NPO related to this? At all?

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1281319629' post='2405955']
Another curb-stomp? How [i]exciting[/i].
[/quote]

They asked for their allies to stay away to take the martyr position. Not our fault. Unless you are talking about the additional help required to attack someone in the middle of the day to stop people from running into peace mode.

[quote name='Necromancer V4L' timestamp='1281319656' post='2405956']
You tell me, that's all everyone is talking about. Decided I'd go with the flow and ask the obvious question.
[/quote]

Who is talking about you?

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1281319838' post='2405970']
Heh, alright Rok. Nothing that even a lopsided war with NSO is going to cause a thousand times more damage than the six million in aid ever would, and noting that in attacking the rogue your nations probably would have profited from the NSO aid. This has to be one of the most ridiculous spectacles I have ever seen.
[/quote]

:wub: iamthey :wub:

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1281320603' post='2406028']
[/quote]As I said before, RoK and friends thought that NSO was just a big button they had to press to make NPO get another curbie. But the concept of 'Defense' is so much more than blindly rushing into an obvious trap. NSO is smart enough to realize this, and called RoK's ploy. Watching people like you helplessly trying to goad NPO and friends into war is just delicious. This ploy has failed just like the Red Raiding Safari did. The only question is, why not just attack NPO directly for no reason, SuperGrievances probably have the political capital to get away with it. Though I might want to bite my tongue on that, too many more failed attempts and it's likely to become a reality.

All of this !@#$%^&* about a trap is hilarious. It's like NSO slipped on a shinny wet floor beside a wet floor sign. This isn't a trap for anybody. It's a failure on NSO's part to show even a glimmer of competence.