There are too many alliances and some of you should disband.

Corinan

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1280365347' post='2393204']
71) United Blue Directorate: Extremely awesome/secksi. Can I join?
[/quote]

Fixed

Also:

1) Corinan: boring. auto-delete.

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can make a set of forums and collect a decent number of players to fly and fight for your AA... then there is no reason for an alliance to disband. What does an alliance need to offer? A way to communicate and protection. Being 'politically' active really isn't a necessary part of the game. What matters is how many people you have willing to nuke the other side.

Disband Sparta? Because we don't [i]do[/i] anything? We've been growing. We try and make the game entertaining for our own members. Sparta is really the only reason I play this game. And truthfully, the CN community is slowly dwindling in size. It'd be a shame to see it burn out.

An alliance with no active leadership, !@#$ forums, and < 25 members, who never visit their forums should disband. The rest should feel free to continue their existance, and play the game however the hell they want.

Edited by Lukapaka

[quote name='Lukapaka' timestamp='1280522367' post='2395349']
And truthfully, the CN community is slowly dwindling in size. It'd be a shame to see it burn out.
[/quote]
And historically the number of nations in CN goes up when war is about to brew or underway, by those who got bored by nothing going on and coming back for the excitement.

So Sparta sitting on the bench instead of participating in the game by being boring perpetuate the game burning out in a way.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1280418681' post='2393993']
But not everyone suckled off the !@#$ of better alliances for years. And then when the alliances are about to get rolled for the first time you've been allied you promptly bail out on them and call them a toilet bowl.

Actually, pretty much only Sparta did that :blush:
[/quote]
No, lots of alliances did that. That's part of the problem with Sparta; if they were the Great Betrayers then that would at least be interesting. Instead, no, they're just yet another section of the enormous save my infraz crowd.

[quote name='Bilrow' timestamp='1280523129' post='2395363']
And historically the number of nations in CN goes up when war is about to brew or underway, by those who got bored by nothing going on and coming back for the excitement.

So Sparta sitting on the bench instead of participating in the game by being boring perpetuate the game burning out in a way.
[/quote]
And historically we lose thousands of players throughout the course of each war... so what's your point?

Sparta is working on Sparta. We are looking to find ways to get our members more active and invested in our alliance, and thereby the game - so in a way, we are building (part of) the future of the game.

I wasn't aware that it was our burden to dance around on the stage for everyone's amusement.

[quote name='wilhelm the demented' timestamp='1280523468' post='2395371']
I wasn't aware that it was our burden to dance around on the stage for everyone's amusement.
[/quote]
Most of us would be happy if you showed up to the theater on time instead of waiting till intermission to see which way the wind blows to save your necks and be on the winning side.

Edited by Bilrow

I actually agree with the NSO here

/me feels so dirty...why wont the dirt come off!! :awesome:

While i dont 100% agree with their list i do agree with the idea that we need more alliances who actually try and do something... good... evil... whatever... have a crusade if you want just do something.

*also i was wondering NSO...was your intension here to distract people from your NSO/NoR logs or to justify the content of the logs? i.e. "sure we were scheming away but hey we are at least keeping the place exciting"???

[quote name='Bilrow' timestamp='1280523558' post='2395372']
Most of us would be happy if you showed up to the theater instead of waiting till intermission to see which way the wind blows to save your necks and be on the winning side.
[/quote]
Your analogy is rough cut, but I see the central insult so I guess it's effective enough.

That said, this argument has been held countless times before. Let me summarize it for you: [[i]Insert Spartan criticism here.[/i]] [[i]Insert (Most likely smug) counter-argument here, sprinkle in some reaffirmation and praise[/i]] [[i]Insert Spartan criticism here.[/i]] - Repeat.

Perhaps this game would be more entertaining if everyone actually took time to hold productive, intelligent, debate instead of throwing insults out left and right in an attempt to provoke completely useless, heated arguments in a vein attempt to make themselves look like they are significant somewhere, somehow.

Edit: We could start this by quoting the entirety of people's posts, responding to (and perhaps even conceding to?) one another's points. You know, instead of selecting the part of the quote that's easiest to attack and "spicing it up" with a flavorful (read: unoriginal) insult.

Edited by wilhelm the demented

Nah, it's just an idea I came up with. No one else in NSO helped me with the list so it's not so much an NSO project as it is a Corinan project. I think it's undeniable that we do at very least try to keep it interesting around here.

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1280524378' post='2395382']
Nah, it's just an idea I came up with. No one else in NSO helped me with the list so it's not so much an NSO project as it is a Corinan project. I think it's undeniable that we do at very least try to keep it interesting around here.
[/quote]
Despite the fact that you do seem to stir up some nice "nou" threads, I'd have to say that most of you only succeed in killing the game from an entirely different angle.

"nou" threads can be a giggle and a laugh, but they are far from sustaining when you want to get in to actual longevity and the health of a game that relies so heavily on political simulation. (If it's the same boring !@#$ re-wrapped in a different package, it's still the same !@#$, and it's still boring.)

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1280523384' post='2395370']
No, lots of alliances did that. That's part of the problem with Sparta; if they were the Great Betrayers then that would at least be interesting. Instead, no, they're just yet another section of the enormous save my infraz crowd.
[/quote]

Save my infra crowd? Lol. What?

[quote]Most of us would be happy if you showed up to the theater on time instead of waiting till intermission to see which way the wind blows to save your necks and be on the winning side.[/quote]

Seemed pretty clear from long before the start of the Second Unjust war which side we were on. As for Karma, yea we did put off denouncing our treaty with NPO until a bit late. Fortunately for them, our relationship was pretty well understood. They knew we weren't really friends, and we had already left Q before the war started.

Here's an even better idea than the OP. How about every MADP treaty partners merge, considering they are already claiming to defend and attack with each other, so it makes no sense to pretend they're separate entities. :lol1:

Edited by Lukapaka

[quote name='SnowWolf' timestamp='1280522752' post='2395358']
I agree with that guy

and thanks for creating a piece of !@$# thread just to tell my alliance we should disband, jerk
[/quote]

UBD should disband.

It's just a statement and the fact you care that much to respond is just as funny as the rest of the people whining about an OOC opinion.

I will give Sparta this, they had the good sense to cancel the MADP with TPF right before we got curb stomped. So that shows some pretty good thinking FA wise. So Kudos to the FA team of mum..... Sparta.

Of couse some folks might think they're backstabing Greeks.... but I repeat myself.

[quote name='HalfEmpty' timestamp='1280525916' post='2395403']
I will give Sparta this, they had the good sense to cancel the MADP with TPF right before we got curb stomped. So that shows some pretty good thinking FA wise. So Kudos to the FA team of mum..... Sparta.
[/quote]
i was a diplomat to TPF during that time; i know why we cancelled it. It was most definitely not that we foresaw you getting rolled.

[quote name='HalfEmpty' timestamp='1280525916' post='2395403']

Of couse some folks might think they're backstabing Greeks.... but I repeat myself.
[/quote]
It was a worthless piece of paper, anyway. TPF would've thrown us over the precipice as soon as dad... NPO told them to, anyway.

umad?

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' timestamp='1280526036' post='2395404']
i was a diplomat to TPF during that time; i know why we cancelled it. It was most definitely not that we foresaw you getting rolled.
[/quote]

Do tell, send me the details via PM if you would.

Else. No.

mi mad... Yes.... Back stabbing Greeks.

Still I will say this... you got the best Spam team, so that's something.

Now hush, or Potato is gonna smack your pee pee.

Meh... GAG Order... no one above... um... Snook 5 to post?

Edited by HalfEmpty

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1280526668' post='2395419']
I will say this about Sparta, they are absolutely the most misnamed/themed alliance in the game based on what the real Sparta/Spartans stood for and Sparta the alliance's in-game actions.
[/quote]
If real Spartans enjoyed being played like puppets and fighting for !@#$ they didn't believe in - You might actually have a point.