White Peace Reached

paperwings2007

I am pleased to say that White Peace has been reached between The Abyss and LE, LE Cadet, NordicBallers

Signed for The Abyss;
ReadyFireAim
metalwings2007
Nascar8fanga

Signed for Lafayette Escadrille;
Bacon

Signed for Nordic Ballers;
Lonewolfe
Jack Shephard

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Carpatus' date='15 July 2010 - 11:22 PM' timestamp='1279257729' post='2374221']
Wow, that lasted about as long as my hangover the other night.
[/quote]
But not as long as tomorrow's :P
The bawwww per battle ratio must have been just too high.

[quote name='Prozenz' date='16 July 2010 - 01:43 AM' timestamp='1279266172' post='2374293']
congratz on peace. :)[/quote]
Yeah what he said, too :)
Seems like everyone had fun, no matter what form of battlefield they fought on.

Yeah, only one problem: Danzig continued attacks.

http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1002258

To: Josef Bieber From: Danzig Date: 7/16/2010 12:04:12 AM

Subject: Battle Report

Message: You have been attacked by Danzig. You lost 2 soldiers and 0 tanks. You killed 2 soldiers and 0 tanks. Their forces razed 8.212 miles of your land, stole 2.014 technology, and destroyed 5.525 infrastructure. Their forces looted $226.61 from you and you gained $0.00 in your enemy's abandoned equipment. In the end the battle was a Defeat. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

To: Josef Bieber From: Danzig Date: 7/16/2010 12:04:04 AM

Message: You have been attacked by Danzig. You lost 3 soldiers and 0 tanks. You killed 5 soldiers and 0 tanks. Their forces razed 8.554 miles of your land, stole 2.014 technology, and destroyed 5.756 infrastructure. Their forces looted $238.53 from you and you gained $0.00 in your enemy's abandoned equipment. In the end the battle was a Defeat. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

To: Josef Bieber From: Danzig Date: 7/16/2010 12:02:30 AM

Subject: Cruise Missile Attack

Message: Your nation has been attacked with a cruise missile by Danzig. You lost 0 defending tanks, 1.01 technology, and 2.84 infrastructure. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

To: Josef Bieber From: Danzig Date: 7/16/2010 12:02:16 AM

Message: Your nation has been attacked with a cruise missile by Danzig. You lost 0 defending tanks, 1.01 technology, and 5.03 infrastructure. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

:/

So much for peace.

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='16 July 2010 - 04:22 PM' timestamp='1279315320' post='2374996']

Message: You have been attacked by Danzig. You lost 2 soldiers and 0 tanks. You killed 2 soldiers and 0 tanks. Their forces razed 8.212 miles of your land, stole 2.014 technology, and destroyed 5.525 infrastructure. Their forces looted $226.61 from you and you gained $0.00 in your enemy's abandoned equipment. In the end the battle was a Defeat. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

Message: You have been attacked by Danzig. You lost 3 soldiers and 0 tanks. You killed 5 soldiers and 0 tanks. Their forces razed 8.554 miles of your land, stole 2.014 technology, and destroyed 5.756 infrastructure. Their forces looted $238.53 from you and you gained $0.00 in your enemy's abandoned equipment. In the end the battle was a Defeat. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

Message: Your nation has been attacked with a cruise missile by Danzig. You lost 0 defending tanks, 1.01 technology, and 2.84 infrastructure. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

Message: Your nation has been attacked with a cruise missile by Danzig. You lost 0 defending tanks, 1.01 technology, and 5.03 infrastructure. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

So much for peace.
[/quote]
To be honest it was 2-4 minutes after update. If I were in your shoes I wouldn't be balling over it. <_<

Edited by Dexomega

[quote name='Burning Glory' date='16 July 2010 - 05:13 PM' timestamp='1279318414' post='2375045']
While it didn't last very long, i'm sure it was fun while it lasted.....Congrats to both sides on peace!

Just so its clear, who won :P

BG.
[/quote]
Casualty counts of course.

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='16 July 2010 - 04:22 PM' timestamp='1279315320' post='2374996']

So much for peace.
[/quote]

Danzig is not, and has never been, a member. I'm not sure where he came from.

[quote name='Dexomega' date='16 July 2010 - 11:17 PM' timestamp='1279318619' post='2375048']If I were in your shoes I wouldn't be balling over it. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img]
[/quote]
Correct me, if I'm wrong .....
..... but if you mean 'bawling over it' - then that's rich coming from the Abyss :rolleyes:

[quote name='Clash' date='16 July 2010 - 06:27 AM' timestamp='1279258011' post='2374227']
The bawwww per battle ratio must have been just too high.
[/quote]
Lol - this should DEFINITELY be remembered as the Bawww War [img]http://209.85.48.10/12924/52/upload/p3265731.gif[/img]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg4u1MTzQjw"]Pretty short too[/url]

This goes for many comments here as well-http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=88948

I'm prone to agree the war was highly dis favorable to The Abyss, by over 100k NS. For those who think it was close, your as ignorant as ReadyFireAim assuming the reasons for the DoW.

But there is a point, when one is too blind (those who simply jump in to repeat what a few have said to many times already). Assumptions of other alliances (or other people in general) is stupidity. But stating that The Abyss was largely out favored in the war is nothing more than a fact, and denying this shows your amazing math skills =3 (sarcasm, for what its worth).

Many of the posters are now just acting childish. Like a schoolyard bully. That kid threw a rock at that other kid, so let's all do it! 'Bawling' could be true, to a limit, but you guys are 'Bawling' over their 'Bawling', so it makes 0 sense.

A curbstomp is a curbstomp, if you want to do it, do it. But don't try to lie and say it's not, or rub it in their face like you are the champion of Steve. Fools.

[quote name='Frostfirefox' date='17 July 2010 - 12:43 AM' timestamp='1279345367' post='2375548']
This goes for many comments here as well-http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=88948

I'm prone to agree the war was highly dis favorable to The Abyss, by over 100k NS. For those who think it was close, your as ignorant as ReadyFireAim assuming the reasons for the DoW.

But there is a point, when one is too blind (those who simply jump in to repeat what a few have said to many times already). Assumptions of other alliances (or other people in general) is stupidity. But stating that The Abyss was largely out favored in the war is nothing more than a fact, and denying this shows your amazing math skills =3 (sarcasm, for what its worth).

Many of the posters are now just acting childish. Like a schoolyard bully. That kid threw a rock at that other kid, so let's all do it! 'Bawling' could be true, to a limit, but you guys are 'Bawling' over their 'Bawling', so it makes 0 sense.

A curbstomp is a curbstomp, if you want to do it, do it. But don't try to lie and say it's not, or rub it in their face like you are the champion of Steve. Fools.
[/quote]
Agreed

[quote name='Frostfirefox' date='16 July 2010 - 11:43 PM' timestamp='1279345367' post='2375548']
Whatever[/quote]
[url="http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000030"]Here is Frostie's nation.[/url] He has zero casualties.
Your opinion on war means nothing until you actually do it.

It occurs to me that if TDF - and you - were to have entered the war on Abyss's side, it might have been a more even war. I doubt anyone would have complained, all three alliances would probably have liked it. The war might even still be going on, and everyone still having fun. You didn't though, did you? Yet now that the war's all nice and safely over, you mouth off. Perhaps you were too busy hugging all that infra?

[quote name='Frostfirefox' date='17 July 2010 - 06:43 AM' timestamp='1279345367' post='2375548']

[/quote]
Mmm, I'm thinking you could be correct here.
LE cadet are looking for a good war and to be honest, it's been hard work for the past few weeks.
If you could give me a list of alliances that we could hit it would save me a lot of work.
Is there a particular nation size we should hit? Any particular average NS or do I just go on total NS.
I could look at more than one alliance but I would appreciate the ground rules before engagement.
RE and TPC look good to me as they are pretty well established. I don't want to take on the Superfriends as they are a new alliance and need to settle in before we go in 6 on 153 (we might have 7 members by then of course which may be seen as cheating).
Just some guidlines would be nice if you get the time.
You could even join us if you fancy some experience on the battlefield either attacking or defending as you don't appear to have any experience in either area judging by your stats.
We intend declaring just after tiffin if that helps.
Call me.

Edited by Son of Taeper

[quote name='Frostfirefox' date='17 July 2010 - 12:43 AM' timestamp='1279345367' post='2375548']

[/quote]

It's pretty sad that you're the only one who sees it this way considering you're a pain. Actually, a few see it this way too, but most just dislike CDT or me and hate to admit it.

The war is over. That is that. But yes, these opponents of ours were going for the curbstomp here. There's no getting around it. It was either let us grow for another week and become way too powerful, or take us out now (and hit us extremely hard) so we can't come back later in the round.

It was as tactic they did well. But was it honorable? It might not matter anymore.

[quote name='Son of Taeper' date='17 July 2010 - 09:50 PM' timestamp='1279399822' post='2376210']
Mmm, I'm thinking you could be correct here.
LE cadet are looking for a good war and to be honest, it's been hard work for the past few weeks.
If you could give me a list of alliances that we could hit it would save me a lot of work.
Is there a particular nation size we should hit? Any particular average NS or do I just go on total NS.
I could look at more than one alliance but I would appreciate the ground rules before engagement.
RE and TPC look good to me as they are pretty well established. I don't want to take on the Superfriends as they are a new alliance and need to settle in before we go in 6 on 153 (we might have 7 members by then of course which may be seen as cheating).
Just some guidlines would be nice if you get the time.
You could even join us if you fancy some experience on the battlefield either attacking or defending as you don't appear to have any experience in either area judging by your stats.
We intend declaring just after tiffin if that helps.
Call me.
[/quote]
TPC is also looking for a good fight. Is LE ready or do you need some time? Also i think NB coming in ended this war.Strong aa there.

[quote name='Lochiel' date='16 July 2010 - 11:45 PM' timestamp='1279341908' post='2375496']
Correct me, if I'm wrong .....
..... but if you mean 'bawling over it' - then that's rich coming from the Abyss :rolleyes: [/quote]
And yet, I'm not balling.

While faced with 4 opponents larger than myself and one at my level I was able to dish out a decent amount of damage, albeit at the cost of almost 300 of my Infra. Thanks NB and LE, you managed to put me at the bottom of my alliance. I bet you're proud of yourselves.

<3

[quote name='ReadyFireAIm' date='17 July 2010 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1279404493' post='2376321']
It was as tactic they did well. But was it honorable? It might not matter anymore.
[/quote]

Honor is always important, though so is dignity. There are many alliances that have faced poor odds in war and still managed to retain that, I can't say the same for you.

You can view this war as a curbstomp if you like, it really doesn't matter how you view it, it will not bring back your infra. Numerically our sides weren't that different initially. Your members were unprepared however most of them were sitting in defcon 5, low threat level with minimal troops. I anarchied 2 of your guys by myself and a third with assistance from 1 other nation in 20 minutes. That didn't require skill just capitalizing on an opportunity against an unprepared foe.

That said we have peace I am sure you are working on your revenge. Good luck.

[quote name='ReadyFireAIm' date='17 July 2010 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1279404493' post='2376321']
The war is over. That is that. But yes, these opponents of ours were going for the curbstomp here. There's no getting around it. It was either let us grow for another week and become way too powerful, or take us out now (and hit us extremely hard) so we can't come back later in the round.

[/quote]

Also, wouldn't it be foolish, if what you say is true, for us to allow you that extra week then? You call us out for effectively killing your power base, but then say it was our only viable option to neutralize you as a threat. (Which you seem to imply you were.)

Edited by commander thrawn

[quote name='Clash' date='17 July 2010 - 01:19 PM' timestamp='1279394327' post='2376114']
[url="http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000030"]Here is Frostie's nation.[/url] He has zero casualties.
Your opinion on war means nothing until you actually do it.

It occurs to me that if TDF - and you - were to have entered the war on Abyss's side, it might have been a more even war. I doubt anyone would have complained, all three alliances would probably have liked it. The war might even still be going on, and everyone still having fun. You didn't though, did you? Yet now that the war's all nice and safely over, you mouth off. Perhaps you were too busy hugging all that infra?
[/quote]

Clash... your twisting your words to just form hate towards. You were so strong on your stance with me and curbstomps not welcome in TE, and now you switch your opinion just to oppose me.

A round's casualties compares to nothing on war experience, you should learn to think beyond an infants mind. Last round I ranked in the top 20 nations.

Also, I mouthed off right after the DoW. But my mouthing off can or cannot be considered insulting, I just share an open view on things, and if it's offensive, maybe you should look at yourself and see if what I say is accurate. An honest criticism, tends to be the most hurtful, but also the most helpful.

And here is more mouthing off. You sir, are the biggest hypocrite I have ever had the pleasure of conversing with.

Also Clash, if you hate me so much, just attack me. I can't say I will be there to defend, as I only log on every few days, and just keep up on world events on a semi daily basis.

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='18 July 2010 - 06:30 AM' timestamp='1279431017' post='2376699']
Honor is always important, though so is dignity. There are many alliances that have faced poor odds in war and still managed to retain that, I can't say the same for you.
[/quote]
Hear Hear !! - 100% Spot On .....

..... I seldom, if ever, agree with ReadyFireMissByMiles' opinions - but, previously, these opinions had SOME semblance of mis-informed substance
..... I ignored his most recent posts thinking that maybe his kid sister, or some other small girl, had hacked his account - and that an explanation of that would be forthcoming.

Srsly, RFA, your persistance in trying to justify your initial baaws has been incredible - as in having [b]Zero Credibility [/b]!!

[b]• So, you were caught with your pants down, it happens.
• As leader, you seem to have taken it personally - perhaps understandable[/b] :gag:
• But, man up and admit it - don't keep crying for undeserved sympathy.

Congrats - to both sides - on peace !!

[quote name='Frostfirefox' date='18 July 2010 - 07:32 AM' timestamp='1279434734' post='2376791']
*Snip*[/quote]
Go Away Frosty !!

[quote name='Lochiel' date='18 July 2010 - 01:53 AM' timestamp='1279439610' post='2376894']
Go Away Frosty !!
[/quote]

And you are? Clash's pet? Here to spread your ignorance like a plague?

It seems illogical to tell me to leave where you have no ground. I would not tell you to leave because you post.

[quote name='dogbite' date='18 July 2010 - 02:55 AM' timestamp='1279418085' post='2376545']
TPC is also looking for a good fight. Is LE ready or do you need some time? Also i think NB coming in ended this war.Strong aa there.
[/quote]
I was referring to LE Cadet and joking (if it wasn't obvious :P ).
Just trying to get some figures on what constitutes a stomp.
As for TPC fighting LE you would have to speak to Bacon or just attack them I suppose. It wouldn't be the first time they ran two wars back to back though. Then there is the question of stomping again. Would TPCs 105 against LEs 55 look like a stomp? And of course Cadet would have to defend it by bringing in 6 members. That would be one alliance v two so would LE then be seen as stomping TPC.?