Request loan for military war

Yoshoku

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sardonic' date='28 June 2010 - 07:51 PM' timestamp='1277779873' post='2353540']
We attack with reason, we want the three Ts: Tech, Tears, and Terror. The opinions of the unaligned and under-aligned are insignificant and should be discarded. The opinions of aligned policymakers is what is important.
[/quote]

Actually, I think it's better defined as Tech, Tears and Treaties (Terror is sorta included in Tears).

Those treaties being not our own, but the treaties of the unaligned or underaligned (aka diplomatically isolated). On this front, our raiding does one of two things: drives people to madness and frustration and eventual deletion, or (if they have two brain cells to rub together and follow our advice for seeking peace) drives them into an alliance or protectorate treaty.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='30 June 2010 - 09:26 AM' timestamp='1277882781' post='2355005']
Nope. It's always been the cowardliness of tech raiders that's bothered me. If you babies would go one-on-one with your targets and not run to your mommies for help when you get on the wrong end of things, I wouldn't care one bit about it. Feel free to play creepy stalker on all my past posts to verify this.
[/quote]

Wow, your insulting tone has really made us see the light. We'll definitely change our ways now. Thanks for the wake up call. :mellow:

Actually, no. Your opinion is ridiculous, and you're crying about something that doesn't affect you while reiterating misguided statements that have already been pointed out as false.

A couple of things;

1) This thread has devolved into chaos. For the record, I don't really care what anyone wants to define GOONS or anything else as. I don't really see how most of these posts are germane to this topic. Raid, don't raid. I don't care but don't bite off more than you can chew.

2) I sent 3 million and 2000 soldiers to this noob. Lets all take a minute and remember that we've all been there before and we've all needed some help along the way. If anyone takes offense at my actions, GO TO HELL. I'll happily resign my AA so as not to cause my alliance any issues but I'll back up this decision with everything I've got, so feel free to declare on me if you feel like making this an issue. Lets remember that this is a game and even noobs deserve the chance to learn. The fact that this guy reached out and asked for help makes him the kind of player I want to see on Planet Bob. He'll add to our community if given a chance, and I'd rather help and be wrong than run him off because he isn't savvy as to the rules of this game.

3) Can I nominate this noob as Supreme Vice Chancellor, High Regent and the Only Episcopal Caps Lock Ruler of Dark Lords being on Black and possibly Green but definitely not pink or aqua? I think Dark Lords needs new blood already.

[quote name='lanceman1972' date='30 June 2010 - 11:45 AM' timestamp='1277891095' post='2355043']
2) I sent 3 million and 2000 soldiers to this noob. Lets all take a minute and remember that we've all been there before and we've all needed some help along the way. If anyone takes offense at my actions, GO TO HELL. I'll happily resign my AA so as not to cause my alliance any issues but I'll back up this decision with everything I've got, so feel free to declare on me if you feel like making this an issue. Lets remember that this is a game and even noobs deserve the chance to learn. The fact that this guy reached out and asked for help makes him the kind of player I want to see on Planet Bob. He'll add to our community if given a chance, and I'd rather help and be wrong than run him off because he isn't savvy as to the rules of this game.
[/quote]

Good job. He's not in any wars with anyone anymore, so I'm pretty sure no one is going to have an issue with you sending money or soldiers to him.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='30 June 2010 - 12:26 AM' timestamp='1277882781' post='2355005']
Nope. It's always been the cowardliness of tech raiders that's bothered me. If you babies would go one-on-one with your targets and not run to your mommies for help when you get on the wrong end of things, I wouldn't care one bit about it. Feel free to play creepy stalker on all my past posts to verify this.
[/quote]
1 on 1 or 3 on 1 it all ends up the same pretty much, I send ga's they turtle. Occasionally I'll get some cms thrown at me but thats about it. When you tech raid smart you set it so the odds are always in your favor, but I guess the fact that I attack nations with a lower ns is also me being a coward.

[quote name='Jakome' date='30 June 2010 - 09:58 AM' timestamp='1277909911' post='2355173']
1 on 1 or 3 on 1 it all ends up the same pretty much, I send ga's they turtle. Occasionally I'll get some cms thrown at me but thats about it. When you tech raid smart you set it so the odds are always in your favor, but I guess the fact that I attack nations with a lower ns is also me being a coward.
[/quote]

They might turtle, they might not. 1 on 1 is a fair chance, and if the nation doesn't have the warchest for their NS that's their fault. The strength window is more than fair (especially the new reduced one). Maybe you in particular don't go running for help when things go bad on you, and maybe you don't go in 3v1 to "protect your profits", but that's the norm. If you're not a coward, congratulations.

[quote name='nippy' date='30 June 2010 - 04:44 AM' timestamp='1277891072' post='2355042']
Wow, your insulting tone has really made us see the light. We'll definitely change our ways now. Thanks for the wake up call. :mellow:

Actually, no. Your opinion is ridiculous, and you're crying about something that doesn't affect you while reiterating misguided statements that have already been pointed out as false.
[/quote]

I'm not surprised at your claims. No one wants to admit to being a coward. You go 3v1 because you're afraid of losing. Whether it's wounded pride for getting whomped by a lower-NS nation who should be easy pickings or losing your profits, it amounts to the same thing. I hear talk from raiders about how the love to war, but that only seems to be the case when the target nation doesn't fight back.

I'm not interested in trying to influence a bunch of babies. I am, on the other hand, always interested to see how thin-skinned you all are, considering your pride over being such bad-@#$% who don't care what anyone else thinks.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='30 June 2010 - 11:55 PM' timestamp='1277934933' post='2355793']
I'm not surprised at your claims. No one wants to admit to being a coward. You go 3v1 because you're afraid of losing. Whether it's wounded pride for getting whomped by a lower-NS nation who should be easy pickings or losing your profits, it amounts to the same thing. I hear talk from raiders about how the love to war, but that only seems to be the case when the target nation doesn't fight back.

I'm not interested in trying to influence a bunch of babies. I am, on the other hand, always interested to see how thin-skinned you all are, considering your pride over being such bad-@#$% who don't care what anyone else thinks.
[/quote]

Do you tech raid? I don't believe you do. Until you start tech raiding, shut up about what you consider the proper rules about it. Your 'bunch of babies' crap has been branded as cliche already and your opinion about tech raiding still doesn't count as worthy of consideration.

Edited by nippy

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='30 June 2010 - 02:55 PM' timestamp='1277934933' post='2355793']

[/quote]

Please tell me more about our tech raiding practices. [img]http://thecastlehall.com/boards/Smileys/kickass/gush.gif[/img]

[quote name='nippy' date='30 June 2010 - 06:32 PM' timestamp='1277937135' post='2355853']
Do you tech raid? I don't believe you do. Until you start tech raiding, shut up about what you consider the proper rules about it. Your 'bunch of babies' crap has been branded as cliche already and [b]your opinion about tech raiding still doesn't count as worthy of consideration.[/b]
[/quote]

On what grounds have you come to this conclusion and stated it as fact?

[quote name='Locke426' date='01 July 2010 - 01:47 AM' timestamp='1277941635' post='2355937']
On what grounds have you come to this conclusion and stated it as fact?
[/quote]

Did it appear I was speaking for anyone other than GOONS? We do not find his opinion worthy of consideration. I'm not pretending to speak for all OWF posters...I'm well-aware that our policies have an abrasive quality that leaves skin feeling refreshed.

[quote name='nippy' date='30 June 2010 - 05:32 PM' timestamp='1277937135' post='2355853']
Do you tech raid? I don't believe you do. Until you start tech raiding, shut up about what you consider the proper rules about it. Your 'bunch of babies' crap has been branded as cliche already and your opinion about tech raiding still doesn't count as worthy of consideration.
[/quote]

from what i read, he was not attempting to give you any sort of "proper rules". he was calling ya'll (the ones who 3v1) cowards for doing it. so most of your post had nothing to do with what he actually said.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='01 July 2010 - 02:14 PM' timestamp='1277986476' post='2356520']
from what i read, he was not attempting to give you any sort of "proper rules". he was calling ya'll (the ones who 3v1) cowards for doing it. so most of your post had nothing to do with what he actually said.
[/quote]

Ah, so by that rationale, he was simply insulting us and not actually expecting to incite any form of change to policy on our behalf. Thanks so much for clarifying what was already quite clear.

[quote name='nippy' date='01 July 2010 - 07:02 AM' timestamp='1277982117' post='2356491']
[b]Did it appear I was speaking for anyone other than GOONS?[/b] We do not find his opinion worthy of consideration. I'm not pretending to speak for all OWF posters...I'm well-aware that our policies have an abrasive quality that leaves skin feeling refreshed.
[/quote]

It did, actually. Disregarding someone else's opinion with a statement clearly presented as fact strongly suggests that you recognize the difference between opinions and facts. Facts, by definition, are simply true and hold objective reality. Your statement included no qualifiers or conditions hinting that you viewed it otherwise.

Having learned that it was your opinion, enjoy. I'm sure you can be called the exfoliators of CN...in some sense which I don't currently realize. ;)

[quote name='Locke426' date='03 July 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1278163671' post='2358649']
It did, actually. Disregarding someone else's opinion with a statement clearly presented as fact strongly suggests that you recognize the difference between opinions and facts. Facts, by definition, are simply true and hold objective reality. Your statement included no qualifiers or conditions hinting that you viewed it otherwise.

Having learned that it was your opinion, enjoy. I'm sure you can be called the exfoliators of CN...in some sense which I don't currently realize. ;)
[/quote]

I clearly identify your post as opinion and disregard it as such. My statement did not require 'qualifiers' as I was stating my own opinion, which is all that matters when dealing with my own alliance's policy. Also, who the hell are you, and why do you matter? :lol1:

[quote name='nippy' date='03 July 2010 - 05:49 PM' timestamp='1278193737' post='2359003']
I clearly identify your post as opinion and disregard it as such. My statement did not require 'qualifiers' as I was stating my own opinion, which is all that matters when dealing with my own alliance's policy. [b]Also, who the hell are you, and why do you matter? :lol1:[/b]
[/quote]

An excellent point. I am shamed into silence...

/silence
This started when I asked you what your criteria was for labeling someone else's opinion about techraiding as not "worthy of consideration," which is a topic hardly relegated to GOONS' alliance policy. This may be hard to believe but you didn't invent nor do you hold the rights to the idea of attacking weak and/or unaligned nations for profit.

[quote name='Locke426' date='05 July 2010 - 07:23 AM' timestamp='1278307398' post='2360036']
This started when I asked you what your criteria was for labeling someone else's opinion about techraiding as not "worthy of consideration," which is a topic hardly relegated to GOONS' alliance policy. This may be hard to believe but you didn't invent nor do you hold the rights to the idea of attacking weak and/or unaligned nations for profit.
[/quote]

I reiterate, I was speaking for GOONS, not all of OWF. Not many opinions outside of GOONS govt. affect GOONS policy, but [i]especially[/i] not anti-GOONS personalities such as ChairmanHal, who has something negative to say about our actions no matter what we do.

[quote name='Locke426' date='03 July 2010 - 09:28 AM' timestamp='1278163671' post='2358649']
Having learned that it was your opinion, enjoy.[/quote]

I asked my original question simply because it didn't sound that way.

[quote name='Locke426' date='05 July 2010 - 02:30 PM' timestamp='1278333016' post='2360196']
I asked my original question simply because it didn't sound that way.
[/quote]

When I clarified what I meant and whom I was speaking for, it did not make sense for you to continue to ask the same question. Please forgive my confused state.

[quote name='nippy' date='05 July 2010 - 01:33 PM' timestamp='1278351213' post='2360349']
When I clarified what I meant and whom I was speaking for, it did not make sense for you to continue to ask the same question. Please forgive my confused state.
[/quote]

I asked only once.

In my second post, [quote]Having learned that it was your opinion, enjoy.[/quote]

I misunderstood your intent, you clarified, I considered the matter closed. Then you responded, even including a question of your own. Then I responded. Then you, and here we are. :wacko::D

I'm satisfied if you are.

the goons are immoral for this. i demand that money be given to the op to fight this just war, i am also offering the op a military treaty in which we can defend our interests together on the black team.

[quote name='TOLWYN' date='05 July 2010 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1278355586' post='2360406']
the goons are immoral for this. i demand that money be given to the op to fight this just war, i am also offering the op a military treaty in which we can defend our interests together on the black team.
[/quote]

You're late. He was given $9mil in aid. All battles have expired or peaced out. And he's not even on the black sphere; he's on green.

[quote name='Locke426' date='05 July 2010 - 07:52 PM' timestamp='1278355912' post='2360410']
You're late. He was given $9mil in aid. All battles have expired or peaced out. And he's not even on the black sphere; he's on green.
[/quote]

Clearly he is in the early stages of the Blackening.