Walking the walk

Corinan

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Corinan' date='09 May 2010 - 01:17 PM' timestamp='1273436205' post='2292723']
I'm sure I just totally jinxed it though.
[/quote]
That's how I felt in the most recent war. :v:

Best of luck here.

Edited by Dementual

[quote name='wickedj' date='09 May 2010 - 04:18 PM' timestamp='1273436308' post='2292725']
Taut, next war please loan me your SDI crew..mine are drunk, blind and dumb
[/quote]

Just like their leader, eh?

[quote]These are a lot more fun when someone actually takes up the offer and we get a decent duel out of it. Crazy.[/quote]

What did you expect when we challenged CSN to a duel? They don't do duels. Not sure why Dopp even tried in the first place. Well, I am, but it's pretty transparent.

Good luck crushing RoK, Dopp. Hoo is weak.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Heft' date='09 May 2010 - 04:37 PM' timestamp='1273437409' post='2292743']
These are a lot more fun when someone actually takes up the offer and we get a decent duel out of it. Crazy.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Well, what were you expecting? RoK isn't that bad of an alliance, in that they actually do things. CSN on the other hand just sits there and thinks that people care about them.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='09 May 2010 - 07:39 PM' timestamp='1273448345' post='2292916']
[color="#0000FF"]Well, what were you expecting? RoK isn't that bad of an alliance, in that they actually do things. CSN on the other hand just sits there and thinks that people care about them.[/color]
[/quote]

Given the monthly topics calling us out, at the very least all the nutjobs of Cybernations care about us. :P

You were called out because one of your former members decided that it was prudent to call us out in another thread. When you call us out, you face the full wrath of the Sith for that moment. We don't just allow people to insult us and get away with it.

I do believe it was Corinan who was the first to start an argument in that other thread.

I have to wish you luck now that you have Corinan, Rebel Virginia and Penkala all under one roof. I'm not sure if that's more or less of a recipe for disaster than the Penkala, Diorno and AJ trio we had for a while.

[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=85261&st=200&p=2286519&#entry2286519]I think not.[/url]

And we've always had Rebel Virginia and Dopp. RV just recently decided to come back home after finding out how ludicrously boring some parts of the Cyberverse is. I can't speak for Penkala and tell you why he joined up, but it's certainly nothing to be worried about. We've always had some of the most controversial people in all the Cyberverse and this is no different from the past.

And I don't believe in luck. Thanks anyways.

Edited by Jrenster

[quote name='Jrenster' date='09 May 2010 - 08:42 PM' timestamp='1273452123' post='2292970']
[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=85261&st=200&p=2286519&#entry2286519]I think not.[/url]
[/quote]

Not sure where in his post it calls out Corinan/NSO; I believe that is what LB was referring to. Nonetheless, we can wash our hands of Penkala (essentially) as he is yours now.

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='09 May 2010 - 09:53 PM' timestamp='1273456410' post='2293031']
Why can't [b]1[/b] CSN nation step up, I mean how hard can it be? NSO should have someone else step up against another CSN nation. :D
[/quote]

Why would we do that?

It's not that it's difficult, it's that it's pointless. I do not find nation-level warfare particularly fun, so why hinder my ability to participate in alliance-level warfare for no reason? If NSO wants to assemble a coalition and attack us, now that's a game I wouldn't mind playing with them.

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='09 May 2010 - 09:53 PM' timestamp='1273456410' post='2293031']
Why can't [b]1[/b] CSN nation step up, I mean how hard can it be? NSO should have someone else step up against another CSN nation. :D
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Except allowing duels would make CSN slightly interesting. As a wise man so kindly pointed out sometime ago, if participating in Karma and "helping to change the global political structure" is the most exciting thing one can say about his alliance, well, it certainly is telling.

And Lord Brendan, if your alliance doesn't want to get called out might I suggest learning to keep your mouth shut? Sooner or later people are going to see if you're willing to back up your posturing.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='09 May 2010 - 10:00 PM' timestamp='1273456821' post='2293037']
[color="#0000FF"]And Lord Brendan, if your alliance doesn't want to get called out might I suggest learning to keep your mouth shut? Sooner or later people are going to see if you're willing to back up your posturing.[/color]
[/quote]

I prudently protest the preposterous proposition that we produce posturing. It is the Sith that seem to have an unhealthy obsession with challenging us to duels, not us.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='09 May 2010 - 10:12 PM' timestamp='1273457545' post='2293054']
I prudently protest the preposterous proposition that we produce posturing. It is the Sith that seem to have an unhealthy obsession with challenging us to duels, not us.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You wouldn't be challenged if you dropped your nonsense and stopped talking big, insulting the Order at every possible opportunity. As I have stated, the fact people push you to see if you are willing to put some action behind your words says quite a bit about you. You don't see other alliances being challenged, do you? Then again, very few alliances talk as much as CSN does.[/color]

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='09 May 2010 - 10:24 PM' timestamp='1273458266' post='2293064']
This is a joke, surely.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]No. Unfortunately I am quite serious. And it is a statement as to how sad a state the world is in when most of its voices are coming from CSN. No offense meant, but it is just that you never have anything interesting to say.[/color]

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' date='09 May 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1273454512' post='2293000']
Not sure where in his post it calls out Corinan/NSO; I believe that is what LB was referring to. Nonetheless, we can wash our hands of Penkala (essentially) as he is yours now.
[/quote]

[quote]Still sore that we beat the life out of your old home, RV? I'm sorry. We really didn't want to have to humiliate them. They just had to go and declare on us, though.[/quote]

And you're right, Penkala is ours now. Quite an interesting turn of events if I say so myself.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='09 May 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1273457716' post='2293058']
[color="#0000FF"]You wouldn't be challenged if you dropped your nonsense and stopped talking big, insulting the Order at every possible opportunity.[/color]
[/quote]

Does this actually happen? :huh: When do we ever throw our weight around?

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='09 May 2010 - 10:29 PM' timestamp='1273458524' post='2293070']
[color="#0000FF"]No. Unfortunately I am quite serious. And it is a statement as to how sad a state the world is in when most of its voices are coming from CSN. No offense meant, but it is just that you never have anything interesting to say.[/color]
[/quote]

There are several possibilities to your dilemma.

1. You are unhealthily obsessed with CSN to the point that you cannot see anyone but us posting.

2. You have "alliance-blindness", where you can only see the posts made by CSN members.

3. You are "alliance-ignorant", where you can only understand CSNese.

4. You are an allianceist, and you refuse to read any post other than ours, or on the contrary, you read only CSN posts as a means to berate it as much as possible.

On a more serious note, Penkala has been the voice that has been "challenging" people, notably The Aut. So unless Penkala was somehow in government and I wasn't informed about it, he doesn't represent the collective whole. Likewise, it was, indeed, Corinan who called out CSN long before this scuffle, so no, we do [b]not[/b] have a history of calling alliances out. But before we go on this long debate [i]again[/i], I reiterate the fact that it's Penkala who has been the most vocal and I apologize if you think he was the only member of CSN, but he is not.

EDIT: Penkala is no longer in CSN. :P Had to change tenses.

Edited by SpacingOutMan

[quote name='Jrenster' date='09 May 2010 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1273459056' post='2293081']
And you're right, Penkala is ours now. Quite an interesting turn of events if I say so myself.
[/quote]

Ah, fair enough. I must have overlooked/misread that part of the post. And aye, it truly is.