Sanctions as a Weapon

Sephiroth

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='16 April 2010 - 12:44 PM' timestamp='1271447026' post='2263065']
[b]I'm not saying your scared[/b]. If Nippy can talk smack, then you should allow him to fight. I mean a nuke or two is nothing...
[/quote]

... are you for real?

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='16 April 2010 - 12:40 PM' timestamp='1271446831' post='2263061']
Then don't talk smack if [b]your scared[/b] of a little bit of damage. ;)
[/quote]

That was literally only four minutes ago. Is your memory really that short?

Edit: highlighting the problem

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='16 April 2010 - 03:48 PM' timestamp='1271447318' post='2263073']
You had to sanction him... Nippy got help as well, and Meth is fighting other people as well. I can understand the other guy attacking, but what was the need to sanction him? I mean hes not that evil...
[/quote]

As far back as I remember rogues are usually sanctioned...

I gotta say all this running in circles is great exercise.

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='16 April 2010 - 03:48 PM' timestamp='1271447318' post='2263073']
You had to sanction him...
[/quote]

There's a difference between 'had to' and 'wanted to'

What a concept!

[quote name='Daikos' date='16 April 2010 - 03:49 PM' timestamp='1271447381' post='2263078']
As far back as I remember rogues are usually sanctioned...

I gotta say all this running in circles is great exercise.
[/quote]

This thread has been going in circle since the very first page. It's pretty amazing the amount of white knighting there is of rogues in this thread.

It's really all just a front for :(( GOONS :(( though

[quote name='ktarthan' date='16 April 2010 - 03:49 PM' timestamp='1271447366' post='2263075']
... are you for real?

That was literally only four minutes ago. Is your memory really that short?

Edit: highlighting the problem
[/quote]
I was speaking of Nippy, not directly at GOONS. I know the type of fighters they are, I have respect for them.

Also I'm not saying Sanctioning him was wrong or anything, except the fact that Nippy was talking smack and they should have fought it out..

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='16 April 2010 - 09:48 PM' timestamp='1271447318' post='2263073']
You had to sanction him... Nippy got help as well, and Meth is fighting other people as well. I can understand the other guy attacking, but what was the need to sanction him? I mean hes not that evil...
[/quote]

Boo hoo. Poor rogue. He's getting what he deserves. You're only sharing the tear flow with him. Our tear collectors are working overtime due to threads like these.

[quote name='nippy' date='16 April 2010 - 04:00 PM' timestamp='1271447982' post='2263092']
Boo hoo. Poor rogue. He's getting what he deserves. You're only sharing the tear flow with him. Our tear collectors are working overtime due to threads like these.
[/quote]
Right back at you. ;)

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='16 April 2010 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1271448267' post='2263098']
Right back at you. ;)
[/quote]

Yes, and that made total sense.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='16 April 2010 - 04:06 PM' timestamp='1271448368' post='2263104']
Methrage is only roguing on Gre. Therefore, if GOON's asked for him to be sanctioned, it's not for roguing. It's for him apparently doing very well fighting.

I have uranium too, by the way.
[/quote]

Good thing you don't know what you're talking about.

Edit: also your poorly informed reasoning is hilarious:

*goes rogue on gremlins*

*is not a rogue, cannot be sanctioned*

Edited by Biazt

[quote]Our tear collectors are working overtime due to threads like these.[/quote]

I can't share this intel with the greater GOON Community quickly enough. Tears are just flowing like the Niagara Falls

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='16 April 2010 - 04:06 PM' timestamp='1271448368' post='2263104']
Methrage is only roguing on Gre. Therefore, if GOON's asked for him to be sanctioned, it's not for roguing. It's for him apparently doing very well fighting.

[/quote]
Want 50 tech for free? :P

[quote name='Biazt' date='16 April 2010 - 03:06 PM' timestamp='1271448392' post='2263105']
Good thing you don't know what you're talking about.

Edit: also your poorly informed reasoning is hilarious:

*goes rogue on gremlins*

*is not a rogue, cannot be sanctioned*
[/quote]
Methrage, as far I as know, was not sanctioned for attack Gre, but for a tech raid gone wrong. Gre deserves to get rogued on anyway. Granted, I didn't read more than the first page of this explosion of a thread.

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='16 April 2010 - 03:08 PM' timestamp='1271448462' post='2263109']
Want 50 tech for free? :P
[/quote]
Sure. :D

Edited by Aeternos Astramora

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='16 April 2010 - 03:06 PM' timestamp='1271448368' post='2263104']

[/quote]

His charts more than indicate his incapacity to do well. GOONS asked him to rogue because not only was he busy going against the grams, he was actively attempting to exert (mispercieved) power on one of our wars against people aiding a rogue. He was aiding those who aid rogues while himself being a rogue.

I'm gonna say this poses a large enough threat to the black sphere as a whole to be worth sanction, one man with no particular ties taking aggressive action against alliances for indeterminable reasons beyond his own narcissism.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='16 April 2010 - 04:11 PM' timestamp='1271448655' post='2263112']
Methrage, as far I as know, was not sanctioned for attack Gre, but for a tech raid gone wrong. Gre deserves to get rogued on anyway. Granted, I didn't read more than the first page of this explosion of a thread.
[/quote]

Like I said, you don't know what you're talking about.

I love threads like this.

I love the sense of righteous indignation that someone can generate about a situation they forcibly inserted themself into. I love how much someone can freak out about things that are the direct consequence of their own actions. I love the utterly uninvolved members of the peanut gallery leaning in and pretending that with the help of the mouse in their pocket they constitute the moral majority.

Never change, Planet Bob. Never change.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='16 April 2010 - 10:11 PM' timestamp='1271448655' post='2263112']
[/quote]

It's overly apparent that you haven't read any of the back story at all. There are three other threads of this crap.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='16 April 2010 - 04:15 PM' timestamp='1271448889' post='2263122']
Instead of making me read 150 pages of crap for what you can probably find a one sentence quote for, what is Umbrella's reasoning for this sanction as stated by Umbrella?
[/quote]

We've gone over this multiple times in this thread, either take the time to read it or [img]http://cn.goonbase.com/Smileys/sa/frogout.gif[/img].

Edited by Biazt

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='16 April 2010 - 03:15 PM' timestamp='1271448889' post='2263122']
Instead of making me read 150 pages of crap for what you can probably find a one sentence quote for, what is Umbrella's reasoning for this sanction as stated by Umbrella?
[/quote]

not speaking for Umbrella, but I can detail for you some of the things that make Methrage a rogue.

1) he's a one man alliance that aided members of an alliance that was at war with GOONS. Aiding someone in a war is de facto an act of aggression against the other side just as much as declaring war would be. Upon doing so, he announced that he was doing so and accepted the consequences of his actions.
2) He then encouraged members of the alliance that was at war with GOONS to join his one man alliance, and when one of them did, he claimed this constituted a state of war between himself and GOONS.

In other words, he is a one man alliance that has committed aggressive acts against members of another alliance. This gives justification both for him to be attacked and for him to be treated as a rogue.

[quote name='Biazt' date='16 April 2010 - 04:16 PM' timestamp='1271448969' post='2263126']
We've gone over this multiple times in this thread, either take the time to read it or [img]http://cn.goonbase.com/Smileys/sa/frogout.gif[/img].
[/quote]

But if he reads the thread he might have a harder time jumping to conclusions.

I was just thinking how absurd it is that this thread has reached 19 pages but then I remembered I'm on Planet Bob and this nonsense is par for the course.