I love me some war!

I read countless posts about people complaining about War, and how we should all get along, I say screw that! I love me some war! Lets get it on! Send in the troops, scramble the fighters unleash the nukes, and destroy as much infra, tech and land as possible.

As far as all you tree huggers whining about reps, if you don't want to pay reps, don't fight or don't lose.

I would like this post to be a sounding board for other like minded people who enjoy them some war, and forcing the loser to continue to suffer long after for having the audacity to think they can declare war on you and win.

Good day sirs

-SWEEEEET Ronny D

from what I hear wars used to be fun. Actually, i hear CN used to be fun in general. Anywho. I'm not involved in this war (yet) but I agree it seems like it's just a stalemate. I mean, it's been like a month since anything big happened. Stuff'll happen soon, I hope. Hopefully, TOP will realize that CnG is just too awesome to be rolled and then we can return back to the typical pattern of "infrainfrainfrainfrainfrainfiraWARWAWARWARWARinfragone", repeat.

War is a necessary part of the human condition. Men and women must stand for what is right, and shed blood to ensure the viability of their civilizations and nations. Plus, its just too goddamn fun not to have war. Lets burn mother$%&@ing Planet Bob down!

[quote name='Sweeeeet Ronny D' date='05 March 2010 - 12:40 PM' timestamp='1267814740' post='2215025']
I read countless posts about people complaining about War, and how we should all get along, I say screw that! I love me some war! Lets get it on! Send in the troops, scramble the fighters unleash the nukes, and destroy as much infra, tech and land as possible.

As far as all you tree huggers whining about reps, if you don't want to pay reps, don't fight or don't lose.

I would like this post to be a sounding board for other like minded people who enjoy them some war, and forcing the loser to continue to suffer long after for having the audacity to think they can declare war on you and win.

Good day sirs

-SWEEEEET Ronny D
[/quote]

the problem is is that with the second half of your attitude, you won't get much war to satisfy the first half of your attitude. while i am not saying always white peace, the reps should take into account that many actually do like war but if you cripple your opponent, then wars will become more and more infrequent. as it stands CSM is quite right in that due to the sheer damage of wars nowadays, they won't happen with as much frequency as they once did. but add to that crippling your opponent and they may happen once every year or so if we are lucky.

Wars have been happening at the [i]same frequency[/i] for years while reps have been going [i]DOWN[/i]. The idea that largely eliminating or vastly decreasing reps will increase the frequency of war flies in the face of reality and history.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='05 March 2010 - 01:54 PM' timestamp='1267815570' post='2215031']
War is exciting even when I'm not directly involved. But this war has shown me that wars won't be too frequent from here on out because of the sheer amount of damage being taken by everybody. Even the winners are being dragged down.
[/quote]

The current conflict is unique in several respects, most importantly because those on the C&G-TOP/IRON front who clearly hold the advantage have demonstrated absolutely no willingness to let their enemies walk away. Their enemies in turn have decided that those fighting them can come get their tech and cash for "reps" when they can pry it out of their cold, dead fingers.

We're left with a global war of attrition from which there will ultimately be no winner, only exhausted alliances that will claim victory even though they aren't much better off than those they defeated.

I contrast that directly with what happened on the Valhalla-FAN front where alliances pounded on each other for a few weeks, shook hands and went off to lick their wounds. Same war...but not the same war.

Time will tell if future wars are more like the C&G-TOP/IRON front or the Valhalla-FAN front. Planet Bob simply cannot endure too many more like the former.

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='05 March 2010 - 11:55 PM' timestamp='1267851604' post='2215667']
Wars have been happening at the [i]same frequency[/i] for years while reps have been going [i]DOWN[/i]. The idea that largely eliminating or vastly decreasing reps will increase the frequency of war flies in the face of reality and history.
[/quote]

The idea that reps are the only variable that determines war frequency flies in the face of reality.

[quote name='Dathtoal' date='06 March 2010 - 12:02 AM' timestamp='1267852003' post='2215670']
The idea that reps are the only variable that determines war frequency flies in the face of reality.
[/quote]
Exactly. Yet read up, or pick any other thread at random, and that's the only argument you see.

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='06 March 2010 - 12:03 AM' timestamp='1267852103' post='2215671']
Exactly. Yet read up, or pick any other thread at random, and that's the only argument you see.
[/quote]

I haven't read anything that suggests reps are the [i]only[/i] variable to war frequency, just that they [i]are[/i] a variable that lowers it.

Terms other than reps are usually more important with regards to war frequency. The terms imposed on NPO after Karma have taken them out of the political scene for some time. They were nowhere to be seen in the last 3 wars. But other actors have stepped up to cause the wars instead. So if similar terms are imposed on TOP to take them out for some time, we won't see TOP causing wars for a while but we will see other actors stepping up to cause them instead.

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='05 March 2010 - 11:55 PM' timestamp='1267851604' post='2215667']
[/quote]
Actually, there is no general trend regarding reparations. In global wars, for many of the "satellite" alliances, reparations have indeed went down. There are many more cases of white peace than we used to see in 2007-2008. That said, for the "main targets" (culprits, victims, let's not pick sides), reparations have generally been bigger. The 58k of technology paid by MK during the noCB war pales in comparison to the reparations paid by the NPO since the Karma war, all proportions respected.

The main difference is that, save for the NPO (I believe), no seriously restrictive terms have been enacted as of late. Which makes even major reparations... manageable and, thus, wars more frequent (as rebuilding can start more quickly).

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='05 March 2010 - 01:54 PM' timestamp='1267815570' post='2215031']
War is exciting even when I'm not directly involved. But this war has shown me that wars won't be too frequent from here on out because of the sheer amount of damage being taken by everybody. Even the winners are being dragged down.
[/quote]
Pretty much this, although I've been involved most of the time this one and lost over 9,000 infra. I don't its the damage so much that will prevent relatively even sided wars from happening often, I think the harsh reps at the end and months of paying what you earn directly to your former enemy for a long time is more demotivating then the risk is often times worth. What fun is it to be in an alliance under harsh reps? Its only to keep the alliance together that the dedicated would want to play under those conditions for survival of their alliance.

Edited by Methrage