OOC Strangereal Alternate Earth RP

Arieg

[quote name='Drakedeath' date='04 March 2010 - 04:11 PM' timestamp='1267748085' post='2214241']
You're not British. You're from Ohio.

Anyway.

[u]List of Grievances[/u]
1. Terrain being made by one person
2. Huge superpower advantages
3. Unrealistic military sizes and restrictions
4. Permanent cap on strength
5. One person in overall control
6. WMD cap
7. Creator being one of the said superpowers, thence wielding a great deal of influence both IC and OOC

Any others?
[/quote]
1. Sargun has put nothing in there that has not been dictated to him by the players in question.
2. Superpowers DO have major advantages, in RL. These are offset, however, by having a bigger target painted on them.
3. This I agree with. While a lesser power should have a weaker military, I do want to RP a fairly [i]large[/i] (does not necessarily read powerful) army, mostly conscripts...
4. There should be a starting cap, of course, but it should not be a permanent one.
5. He created this...you saying you don't want to play by the rules of the creator? You can always go create your own if you are unhappy with it.
6. Reality check...less than a dozen RL nations have nukes to begin with.
7. Why should he not? He is the creator, after all.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. That sentence made no sense.
2. omnomnom
3. For some reason I doubt that massive expansion will be a problem, especially with all the people who want to turn their countries into a merger of the USA and USSR coming out of the woodwork right now.
4. :smug:
5. \o/
6. i dunno lol
7. I said the exact same thing.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=82137

First IC thread. DoEs are so last year. This thread has little to do with militaries and everything with nuclear weapons, so I thought I'd get us started so we can introduce major government characters.

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='04 March 2010 - 08:07 PM' timestamp='1267755048' post='2214384']
OK, this is fine, just remove the cap and medium to slow growth, then everything will be fine.
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure that "medium growth" should be good enough for everybody except the tiny nations.

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='04 March 2010 - 06:35 PM' timestamp='1267756733' post='2214428']
Onre mor thing, I want a partly hated nation, with some allied friends. Some hate me and others don't.
[/quote]
You'l have to talk to others about that. Like me, dislike me, it's your choice. I'm forming my policy and that's that.

Btw, these are mandatory at start.

The UN charter (international law, human rights) (were gonna have UN), Geneva Convention, and a unilateral freeze on chemical and biological weapons production and development, and finally SALT. You can pull out of them after start.

[quote name='Arieg' date='05 March 2010 - 07:35 AM' timestamp='1267792835' post='2214780']
Btw, these are mandatory at start.

The UN charter (international law, human rights) (were gonna have UN), Geneva Convention, and a unilateral freeze on chemical and biological weapons production and development, and finally SALT. You can pull out of them after start.
[/quote]

I hope you realize that those not a part of the organizations/treaties do not even need to pay attention to the UN, SALT or Geneva Convention.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

I'm aiming to play this like the real world, those who choose not to play by the rules tend to get labeled as the 'axis of evil' depending on whether we have any George W Bushes in power.

In other news,
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p3/marines6103004085/maps/AECNbasewbordermountains.png

Edited by Arieg

[quote name='Arieg' date='05 March 2010 - 08:01 AM' timestamp='1267794370' post='2214793']
I'm aiming to play this like the real world, those who choose not to play by the rules tend to get labeled as the 'axis of evil' depending on whether we have any George W Bushes in power.

In other news,
[url="http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p3/marines6103004085/maps/AECNbasewbordermountains.png"]http://i124.photobuc...ermountains.png[/url]
[/quote]

If you are aiming to play this like the real world....then why have the caps? What will be the economy of SAERP? If this is a "strangereal" alternate Earth, why even have current real life treaties and organizations?

EDIT: What if the majority of the world doesn't follow any of those three?

Edited by Voodoo Nova

I placed the caps on the military as a starting measure due to various issues arising, I'm working up a system for you to increase your military post start. The reason I'm making systems is to avoid the continuous reinforcements scenario which I've seen quite a few times.

The economy is an animal I have yet to determine, I'll probably attempt to shape it as it emerges.

Because we need some form of global organization, some form of limitations on the actions your nations would be willing to take or this will end up like CNRP.

[quote name='Arieg' date='05 March 2010 - 08:48 AM' timestamp='1267797189' post='2214822']
I placed the caps on the military as a starting measure due to various issues arising, I'm working up a system for you to increase your military post start. The reason I'm making systems is to avoid the continuous reinforcements scenario which I've seen quite a few times.

The economy is an animal I have yet to determine, I'll probably attempt to shape it as it emerges.

Because we need some form of global organization, some form of limitations on the actions your nations would be willing to take or this will end up like CNRP.
[/quote]

The only caps that exist should rely upon an economy.

No one needs global organization, and anyone can do whatever they want anyways. If they are not under the "international law", how can you enforce it?

I'll just let Arieg do his thing and let the control of this RP universe go to him rather than the usual crowd, no offense to anyone.

This is HIS startup, we chose to partake of it, if we don't like the kind of rules or restrictions he imposes, why not leave and continue on with CNRP, or better still, start up your own?

Now, with regards to all this Bawwing taking place with regards to military caps...

I've seen a lot of people whine that they can't be a super power. There is a reason there has been 2... or rather three superpowers during the Cold War.

The USA, USSR and NATO were not each an individual nation, they were each a union or other collectivisation of several independent 'Countries'. The USA is technically 50 or so little countries that have banded together, just like the USSR was Russia + Ukraine + Belaruss +++ and Nato was Western Europe.

To see people claim to be as powerful as these unions with a single Nation is quite foolish, and really showing that, if stripped of all restrictions, we are incapable of limiting OURSELVES to reason.

I say, If someone wants to RP being a super power, join up with like-minded people and create one together. That way, when you get rolled for being foolish, you can still break away into your individual nations and continue.

I say everyone individually is at parity with one another, at least when we start off, unless you deliberately wish to RP a small nation. If people want to aim higher, form up into Superpowers.

Edited by Executive Minister

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='05 March 2010 - 08:59 AM' timestamp='1267797871' post='2214832']
What if the majority of the world is doing it, how will you enforce it?
[/quote]

I doubt most of the participants are that determined to be spiteful. As fun as playing an isolationist, destructive, genocidal nation is those don't last very long most of the time (North Korea is the exception).

Map as of now.
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p3/marines6103004085/maps/AECNbasewborderCN5.png

Edited by Arieg