Karma for Sparta

Alterego

607 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='wilhelm the demented' date='28 February 2010 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1267416823' post='2209404']
Still launched nukes, and we let you off easy considering we are nice n stuff.

Then you hit us again. :(

My heart broke, cus I actually like you guys. :(

:(

[/quote]
Yes, we did launch nukes. But the guy Bama was quoting seems to think we launched an offensive war. We didn't. :(

[quote name='Davo the Demented' date='28 February 2010 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1267417087' post='2209409']
FATHER :awesome:
[/quote]

IT'S BEEN SO LONG! Your mother told me you'd died in a horrible Dementing accident!

Thank you, thank you incredibly petty and ultimately pointless Sparta-bashing thread! Thank you for re-uniting me with my long lost sons!

You're home now, Davo! Come meet your slightly retarded older brother willy, who happens to be King of Sparta. :)

[quote name='wilhelm the demented' date='28 February 2010 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1267416823' post='2209404']
Still launched nukes, and we let you off easy considering we are nice n stuff.

Then you hit us again. :(

My heart broke, cus I actually like you guys. :(

[/quote]
I believe it is customary to launch nukes when attacked.

This war was our first aggressive attack against Sparta. Our conflict in Karma was an aggressive attack on your part against TOOL. That invalidates Bush's argument that we've gone after you twice, which is what I was getting at.

-Bama

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='28 February 2010 - 10:01 AM' timestamp='1267373095' post='2208354']
So I can see Sparta burning within the year if they don't collapse from inactivity and poor leadership first.
[/quote]
And you would be Correct TBB. Untill Sparta wises up and ditches the Tulak and DL, Sparta will never be at its strongest. If anything those two are worthless to helping the alliance. Now that GtG has been gone as well that helps as well.

Also, Sparta did nothing in this war but bandwagon. All Sparta did was give TOOL a bigger warchest and more tech to harm their allies. Sparta should not get any reps at all in this war, if anything they should be forced to pay its own allies for harming them.

Edited by IronMan17

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='28 February 2010 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1267417288' post='2209415']
IT'S BEEN SO LONG! Your mother told me you'd died in a horrible Dementing accident!

Thank you, thank you incredibly petty and ultimately pointless Sparta-bashing thread! Thank you for re-uniting me with my long lost sons!

You're home now, Davo! Come meet your slightly retarded older brother willy, who happens to be King of Sparta. :)
[/quote]

Im royal blooded :smug:

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='28 February 2010 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1267417288' post='2209415']

[/quote]

[b]*Pearl*[/b] Hugs brother Davo

[quote name='Davo the Demented' date='28 February 2010 - 11:24 PM' timestamp='1267417695' post='2209434']
prehaps your sister?
[/quote]

NO... IT CAN'T BE!

DARKLIIIIIIIIIIIIINK! YOU SAID YOU WERE ON THE PIIIIIIILLLLL!

This explains everything; Davo's point ears, Wilhelm's mild retardation, my short term memory loss! IT ALL FITS!

Edit: But to bring us back on topic: Sparta need not apologize for it's conduct. Weez done nuffink wrong.

Edited by Olaf Styke

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='28 February 2010 - 08:26 PM' timestamp='1267417807' post='2209441']
NO... IT CAN'T BE!

DARKLIIIIIIIIIIIIINK! YOU SAID YOU WERE ON THE PIIIIIIILLLLL!

This explains everything; Davo's point ears, Wilhelm's mild retardation, [b]my short term memory loss[/b]! IT ALL FITS!
[/quote]

It was that traumatizing? :P

I think this topic was silly to begin with. It seems like an attempt to ridicule Sparta. (ooc: It should also be IC <_<)

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='28 February 2010 - 10:31 PM' timestamp='1267418092' post='2209446']

I think this topic was silly to begin with. It seems like an attempt to ridicule Sparta. (ooc: It should also be IC <_<)
[/quote]

If you feel that way, report it bro. :)

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='28 February 2010 - 11:31 PM' timestamp='1267418092' post='2209446']

[/quote]

I thought I was doing a pretty good 'in character' performance there, granted it was still soap-opera quality...
but yes, my friend, you seem to have settled on the same conclusion the rest of us reasonable people have: this thread is a shameful mockery that should have been locked long ago.

[quote name='BamaBuc' date='28 February 2010 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1267417373' post='2209418']
I believe it is customary to launch nukes when attacked.

This war was our first aggressive attack against Sparta. Our conflict in Karma was an aggressive attack on your part against TOOL. That invalidates Bush's argument that we've gone after you twice, which is what I was getting at.

-Bama
[/quote]Not know this did I.

TOOL hit a black alliance, that's an attack on Sparta - trust. ;)

[quote name='IronMan17' date='28 February 2010 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1267417389' post='2209419']
And you would be Correct TBB. Untill Sparta wises up and ditches the Tulak and DL, Sparta will never be at its strongest. If anything those two are worthless to helping the alliance. Now that GtG has been gone as well that helps as well.

Also, Sparta did nothing in this war but bandwagon. All Sparta did was give TOOL a bigger warchest and more tech to harm their allies. Sparta should not get any reps at all in this war, if anything they should be forced to pay its own allies for harming them.
[/quote]This mans speaks volumes of truth.

I plan on couping Tulak tonight, and kicking Darklink to the curb.

No one can stop me now. Especially since I'm learning how to war chest.

Bandwagoning is a new word for "One of the first to defend their allies." isn't it? :mellow:

[quote name='wilhelm the demented' date='28 February 2010 - 11:42 PM' timestamp='1267418758' post='2209463']
Bandwagoning is a new word for "One of the first to defend their allies." isn't it? :mellow:
[/quote]

I do believe they're attempting to re-define words as it suits them, your highness. Shall we attack them, or merely mock them incessantly?

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='28 February 2010 - 11:44 PM' timestamp='1267418866' post='2209467']
I do believe they're attempting to re-define words as it suits them, your highness. Shall we attack them, or merely mock them incessantly?
[/quote]
Which one is more hegemonic?

Mocking them incessantly? Fine, that works too. <_<

[quote name='wilhelm the demented' date='28 February 2010 - 10:42 PM' timestamp='1267418758' post='2209463']
Not know this did I.

TOOL hit a black alliance, that's an attack on Sparta - trust. ;)
[/quote]
Sparta hit IRON, that's an attack on TOOL - trust ;)

See what I did there? Sorry, you can't spin who declared war on who.

-Bama

[quote name='BamaBuc' date='28 February 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1267418984' post='2209473']
Sparta hit IRON, that's an attack on TOOL - trust ;)

See what I did there? Sorry, you can't spin who declared war on who.

-Bama
[/quote]After IRON hit our allies. An attack on FoB and Athens is an attack on Sparta - trust. ;)

Edit:See what I did thar? :3

Edited by wilhelm the demented

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' date='01 March 2010 - 02:18 AM' timestamp='1267410122' post='2209240']
Isn't that the historical reference you should be making?
[/quote]

It is always tempting to make a dig against us, I know, but you're letting it get in the way of logic.

When trying to make a prediction of the future, you judge people at least in part based on their past, especially the most recent past. However, trying to make a prediction on the future behaviour of the current dominant block based on the behaviour of an alliance not related to them in any way whatsoever makes no sense. Trying to make a prediction based on an action taken by certain portions of it in the near past [u]does[/u] make sense.

You really should not be using our actions as any kind of reference for the decisions of sovereign alliances. We are not in control of Sparta's or RoK or MK's or anyone else's decision making process.

[quote name='Letum' date='28 February 2010 - 11:49 PM' timestamp='1267419209' post='2209478']
It is always tempting to make a dig against us, I know, but you're letting it get in the way of logic.

When trying to make a prediction of the future, you judge people at least in part based on their past, especially the most recent past. However, trying to make a prediction on the future behaviour of the current dominant block based on the behaviour of an alliance not related to them in any way whatsoever makes no sense. Trying to make a prediction based on an action taken by certain portions of it in the near past [u]does[/u] make sense.

You really should not be using our actions as any kind of reference for the decisions of sovereign alliances. We are not in control of Sparta's or RoK or MK's or anyone else's decision making process.
[/quote]
Poetic justice may transcend individual alliances.

Trying to get a thread locked with spam is poor form ,Sparta.You need to answer your detractors with acumen and talent. Efficiency at FA and nation building.Yet, you chose the stupid method. It points to a like of class and the behavior of children.
A notice to Sparta detractors, you never underestimate your opponents...ever.

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' date='01 March 2010 - 04:55 AM' timestamp='1267419527' post='2209488']
Poetic justice may transcend individual alliances.
[/quote]

Yes, I am aware that hatred is a powerful and irrational force that is never truly satisfied and needs little fuel to burn. That was part of my original point, thank you for proving it.

[quote name='Yggdrazil' date='01 March 2010 - 12:02 AM' timestamp='1267419970' post='2209495']
Trying to get a thread locked with spam is poor form ,Sparta.You need to answer your detractors with acumen and talent. Efficiency at FA and nation building.Yet, you chose the stupid method. It points to a like of class and the behavior of children.
A notice to Sparta detractors, you never underestimate your opponents...ever.
[/quote]
A serious thread is met with serious discussion.