Annoyed at \m/

Brickan

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='25 February 2010 - 01:10 AM' timestamp='1267060435' post='2202327']
Policy used to be in ancient times that raiding stopped during war. I wouldn't think that policy would change. From the comments by members of \m/'s government, it hasn't. This should be resolved quickly.
[/quote]

Yeah, he shouldn't have raided - but as you've said that's an internal issue.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='24 February 2010 - 06:54 PM' timestamp='1267059502' post='2202306']
I was referring to your raid on the [b]thirty[/b] man alliance of FoA that helped kick start this entire war.
[/quote]

He was referring to their [b]protectors[/b], our allies The Corporation, that helped resolve the issue 2-3 days before this war.

Okay, I'm gonna make myself very clear good sir.

One: Your Protectorate was not finalized. It was in the Works, that doesn't count as a Protectorate. I can say I'm going to sign a treaty, but if I don't actually have one it is meaningless banter.
Two: Your Alliance Affiliation has less than 10 members. As Per our Charter, you are a legal tech raid for any nation in our Fine Alliance.
Three: Some of our Nation's can't find slots on the beleaguered Valhalla and BAPS, yet they want to plunder tech and land, so they turn to you and your totally legal alliance.
Four: Profit.
Five: We Ruin your Game. Deal with it.

\m/ is terrible! they cause cancer and warts and other mean stuff

Heres a pro-tip for next time. get on mibbit type in irc.synirc.net once youve connected type /join #\m/. Once you've entered this channel look for somebody who has & beside their name or EmperorMarx who has ~ beside his name. Ask to speak to one of these fine gentlemen and sort your issues out there. Cant get to IRC? Try sending one of their government officials a message. If you know enough to come here and bawww you know how to find a list of their government

And theres my good deed for the day

[quote name='arentak' date='24 February 2010 - 01:26 PM' timestamp='1267039804' post='2201841']
Maybe NpO can re-declare on \m/, get the rest of their allies to join them, then peace out immediately, leaving their allies holding the bag? No one will see that coming!!!
[/quote]

They better hurry before they run out of allies to hold that bag for them.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='24 February 2010 - 06:45 PM' timestamp='1267058917' post='2202297']
How's FoA?
[/quote]
Under the permanent protection of an ODP partner.

Anyway, this announcement is silly. I'm just going to go back to the days of \m/ 2007.

"Yeah, we're cool like that. Really, you should have just moved out of the way punk."

Edited by Earogema

[quote name='Brickan' date='25 February 2010 - 07:49 AM' timestamp='1267102362' post='2202938']
Druss, then they should just become bankers and aid the people in war.
[/quote]
There is a foreign concept, called a Warchest. Which means they can go to war with your nation and still aid the people in the war. Who woulda thunk it?

[quote name='Brickan' date='25 February 2010 - 12:49 PM' timestamp='1267102362' post='2202938']
Druss, then they should just become bankers and aid the people in war.
[/quote]
At the pace our wars have been going if this war don't end I am going to have to start tech raiding myself has a inexpensive way to rebuild, many. many targets at my present strength.

Actually Brickan, what happened was UCN was at war with GOONS and you failed to do ANYTHING to defend us, as Minister of Defense. When I finally (forcefully) took over the MoD, you came back to the alliance calling names, being generally immature, and then leaving the alliance. You continued to act like the child you are, throwing personal insults and profanity at all involved in your removal from power.

You failed to realize it was nothing personal, and instead went on the offensive. You left to form your own alliance, and are now surprised to find yourself under attack (from \m/), which, to begin with, is ridiculous. You're a four man alliance, and they're \m/. Do you think your complaining will make them stop? That just feeds them. Good job.You may also find yourself under attack from UCN. This is merely retribution for the things said on our forums. You had to expect some sort of payback, after the way you acted.

You also gave your reason as "real-life issues." What happens with stuff like that is that you tell the other people in the alliance that you will not be able to fulfill your duties and step down so someone else can defend the alliance. But no. You went inactive while the alliance burned. You asked NOONE for help while you had no idea what you were doing. Next time, do the logical thing, and then maybe you won't be on your former alliance's ZI list.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' date='25 February 2010 - 10:54 PM' timestamp='1267156707' post='2204376']
Actually Brickan, what happened was UCN was at war with GOONS and you failed to do ANYTHING to defend us, as Minister of Defense. When I finally (forcefully) took over the MoD, you came back to the alliance calling names, being generally immature, and then leaving the alliance. You continued to act like the child you are, throwing personal insults and profanity at all involved in your removal from power.

You failed to realize it was nothing personal, and instead went on the offensive. You left to form your own alliance, and are now surprised to find yourself under attack (from \m/), which, to begin with, is ridiculous. You're a four man alliance, and they're \m/. Do you think your complaining will make them stop? That just feeds them. Good job.You may also find yourself under attack from UCN. This is merely retribution for the things said on our forums. You had to expect some sort of payback, after the way you acted.
[/quote]

I thought I recognized this guy from my discussions with UCN Gov during the war, lol, I think you might be on more then \m/'s radar :D

Please someone hurry up and get Brickan his sign, this thread fails. :gag:

Edited by Derwood1

[quote name='Druss the Legend' date='24 February 2010 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1267064089' post='2202398']
Okay, I'm gonna make myself very clear good sir.

One: Your Protectorate was not finalized. It was in the Works, that doesn't count as a Protectorate. I can say I'm going to sign a treaty, but if I don't actually have one it is meaningless banter.
Two: Your Alliance Affiliation has less than 10 members. As Per our Charter, you are a legal tech raid for any nation in our Fine Alliance.
Three: Some of our Nation's can't find slots on the beleaguered Valhalla and BAPS, yet they want to plunder tech and land, so they turn to you and your totally legal alliance.
Four: Profit.
Five: We Ruin your Game. Deal with it.
[/quote]

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='25 February 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1267129915' post='2203407']
The raider was told to stop the attacks. I spoke with tR gov and they said that the protectorate was not finalized. Therefore, Chrono Cross did nothing wrong in this particular incident other than raid during war, which is a purely internal offense.
[/quote]

My esteemed colleagues are correct, despite the aggressive tone from Druss. You weren't protected and you were under 10 members. The raids have been asked to stop and we're handling our own internal affairs at this point in regards to the situation. Problem solved.

Brickan, here's a bit of advice from somebody who has been around the block a few times:

1st rule of tech raids...don't talk about tech raids.

2. Four people do not count as an alliance.

3. Talks ABOUT being a protectorate do not = protectorate status.

4. \m/ will ruin the game for you. That's why everybody loves them. Seriously.

5. \m/ loves it when you complain on here, because it makes them look better.

6. If you are going to try to turn public opinion against your attackers, or attempt to stop a tech raid, getting on the CN forums and calling the attacker a "loser" is never a good idea.

When are you going to think BEFORE you speak? This was one of your problems at UCN. Instead of being calm and cool and keeping your MoD title (I was happy as DMoD), you had to go and swear at us, telling us what we should do to ourselves, presumably with our hands and such. So, have fun.

Zara, I thought you were my bestest friend in UCN :(

According to Duncan King's Guide to Alliance Creation, 5 people is an alliance, which is the number of people that switched their AA, we have more.

Also, I tried to get someone to fill in for me, but no one offered.So after you impeached me for inactivity, I left figuring you didn't need me.

[quote name='Brickan' date='26 February 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1267220833' post='2205357']
Zara, I thought you were my bestest friend in UCN :(

According to Duncan King's Guide to Alliance Creation, 5 people is an alliance, which is the number of people that switched their AA, we have more.

Also, I tried to get someone to fill in for me, but no one offered.So after you impeached me for inactivity, I left figuring you didn't need me.
[/quote]

Two things wrong with that:

1, when we attacked you, there were 4 in your alliance.

2, the thing about getting somebody to fill in for you is a blatant lie. I offered my services and you NEVER replied.

Brickan, you $%&@ed up. Bad. Your messing up almost meant our destruction.

Also, you have no idea how hard I've been trying to keep them from ZIing you.

Next time you have RL issues, step down. When you need help, ask for it. If you don't ask for help, you look more stupid than you would if you asked for help.

And Che is right, think before you act.

And we are still friends, but I am a little p-offed at you for your war crimes.