Unimportant Announcement

That does not excuse what has happened here. The thread started going south with Legion and friends spouting their mouths off with garbage, naturally degeneration from there is to be expected. If I am Legion right here, I would follow the lead of many other alliances who exited this war, some with terms imposed upon them, and be classy, not harbor public ill will, and work to move past this. Anything short is just setting up for a repeat down the road.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Gunnar Griffin' date='22 February 2010 - 06:28 AM' timestamp='1266820080' post='2196697']
My post wasn't meant to be an argumentative one. I was just making a post and quoting one that I found relevant to it.

Edit - Grammar.
[/quote]

If true, then thank you for the clarification and it was an honorable decision.

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='22 February 2010 - 01:28 AM' timestamp='1266820087' post='2196698']
I don't care about the reps. I was considering the quality of posts, which was what goldielax was pontificating about. Insults, bad jokes... you'd see why Hyperion would want to end it.
[/quote]
Are you still mad that I said o musso :|

[quote name='goldielax25' date='22 February 2010 - 06:30 AM' timestamp='1266820235' post='2196709']
That does not excuse what has happened here. The thread started going south with Legion and friends spouting their mouths off with garbage, naturally degeneration from there is to be expected. If I am Legion right here, I would follow the lead of many other alliances who exited this war, some with terms imposed upon them, and be classy, not harbor public ill will, and work to move past this. Anything short is just setting up for a repeat down the road.
[/quote]

Sadly the few on both sides who conducted as such (Fingolfin for one) have been drowned out.

[quote name='goldielax25' date='22 February 2010 - 01:30 AM' timestamp='1266820235' post='2196709']
[/quote]
Now let's not let propaganda fill your mind.

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='22 February 2010 - 01:32 AM' timestamp='1266820348' post='2196715']
Sadly the few on both sides who conducted as such (Fingolfin for one) have been drowned out.
[/quote]

Hopefully his standard can be spread to the rest of his alliance. VE has a complete free speech policy, but I would be ashamed to see Viridians under similar circumstances posting that way.

[quote name='Imperial' date='21 February 2010 - 10:33 PM' timestamp='1266820436' post='2196719']
Legionnaires under the rank of Senior Staff, please refrain from making further posts within this thread. What is done is done and arguing over things on the BBs isn't about to change anyone's mind anytime soon.
[/quote]

I don't like this trend of silencing members, both from Sparta and Legion... <_<

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='21 February 2010 - 10:31 PM' timestamp='1266820277' post='2196711']
If true, then thank you for the clarification and it was an honorable decision.
[/quote]

If you think it was honorable, then why would you fine them for it?

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='22 February 2010 - 07:35 AM' timestamp='1266820526' post='2196724']
I don't like this trend of silencing members, both from Sparta and Legion... <_<
[/quote]

I think it's the only reasonable thing to do considering this was fast evolving into a hatefest.

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='22 February 2010 - 06:36 AM' timestamp='1266820567' post='2196727']
If you think it was honorable, then why would you fine them for it?
[/quote]

As I said I wasn't involved in making this decision.

But also, you are liable for the consequences of your action in any situation. If Asgaard was surrendering and we faced terms that would be how it goes. Terms are a part of life on Bob and are a consequence that should be taken into account by leaders who choose to go to war.

[quote name='goldielax25' date='22 February 2010 - 06:30 PM' timestamp='1266820235' post='2196709']
[/quote]

Actually, Legion have been, at least on the whole, incredibly classy in this thread. It has been Sparta, Umbrella & 'and friends' that sent it south. So you're preaching to the wrong congregation, really.

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='21 February 2010 - 10:41 PM' timestamp='1266820895' post='2196746']
As I said I wasn't involved in making this decision.

But also, you are liable for the consequences of your action in any situation. If Asgaard was surrendering and we faced terms that would be how it goes. Terms are a part of life on Bob and are a consequence that should be taken into account by leaders who choose to go to war.
[/quote]

Ok, fair enough.

However, I would like to make a statement (for thrawn and everyone in general). If you are in a position to make a decision, don't use the reasoning of "it's how it goes on Planet Bob" to justify your position. You have the power to change it. It is your choice to follow whatever others did before you. If you have other principles, then follow your principles. You don't have to accept precedents.

[quote name='FreddieMercury' date='22 February 2010 - 06:44 AM' timestamp='1266821093' post='2196761']
Yeah you wouldn't want to make too many yo momma jokes now. Might have to pay some tech.
[/quote]
Exactly. I spent enough time allied to LSF to know how things can escalate when people get angry.

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='22 February 2010 - 06:46 AM' timestamp='1266821216' post='2196764']
Ok, fair enough.

However, I would like to make a statement (for thrawn and everyone in general). If you are in a position to make a decision, don't use the reasoning of "it's how it goes on Planet Bob" to justify your position. You have the power to change it. It is your choice to follow whatever others did before you. If you have other principles, then follow your principles. You don't have to accept precedents.
[/quote]
I agree, but I also don't expect those I come into conflict with to share the ethical code of me or my allies. It should be clear from the number of alliances that exist in this world that everyone has different values and ideas about how things work. To judge those who make a decision is easy when you don't have to sit in their seat, but as has been seen throughout the last 4+ years is that hypocrisy is ripe from war to war.

[quote name='Kortal' date='21 February 2010 - 11:18 PM' timestamp='1266812319' post='2196133']
I wholeheartedly agree. When you see Pezstar and ChairmanHal espousing the same views, [i]pay attention[/i]

fake edit: This could be too subtle. I AM IMPLYING THAT THEY ARE BOTH DUMB, OK?
[/quote]

Your bus is shorter than mine. Go outside and play, ok?

[quote name='FreddieMercury' date='22 February 2010 - 01:44 AM' timestamp='1266821093' post='2196761']
Yeah you wouldn't want to make too many yo momma jokes now. Might have to pay some tech.
[/quote]
I've destroyed entire alliances for less. ^_^

Not really, but yeah... you're over-simplifying the matter.

The Reparations are for Rebuilding.

We were fine with offering no Reps to Legion at a point, but they did not act maturely or reasonably at all towards us throughout the entire conflict, thereby testing our patience. Feel free to debate based on your opinions, but those are just that: opinions.

Our patience ran out, and Legion accepted terms.

Sure, we didn't have a perfect performance either, but you can't please everyone, and every game isn't fumble-free.

[quote name='Imperial' date='22 February 2010 - 01:33 AM' timestamp='1266820436' post='2196719']
Legionnaires under the rank of Senior Staff, please refrain from making further posts within this thread. What is done is done and arguing over things on the BBs isn't about to change anyone's mind anytime soon.
[/quote]

I will also take this as my cue to leave the thread to the vultures. Once again, good luck, Legion.

[quote name='Prime minister Johns' date='22 February 2010 - 06:56 AM' timestamp='1266821792' post='2196784']
The reputation of Sparta just took a bigger hit that the value of the tech they gained because of this stunt.
[/quote]

Glad to know people who didn't like them still don't.

I am glad that people who do like them still do!

My only complaint is this is 500 more tech than IRON paid for it's Karma War sins. Just seems a bit much to me, although I don't think trash talking if not taken to far, and yo momma is never too far IMO, is cause for reparations.

Edit: Had to double check and it would have only been double (missed the 2500 to 6 alliances) My apologies

Edited by King William IV

[quote name='King William IV' date='22 February 2010 - 02:05 AM' timestamp='1266822335' post='2196801']
My only complaint is this is 4x the tech IRON had to pay in Karma when they were "punished." Asgaard and AN get the same as IRON and Sparta gets twice the amount. Just seems a bit much to me, although I don't think trash talking if not taken to far, and yo momma is never too far IMO, is cause for reparations.
[/quote]
[quote name='wilhelm the demented' date='22 February 2010 - 01:56 AM' timestamp='1266821784' post='2196782']
The Reparations are for Rebuilding.

We were fine with offering no Reps to Legion at a point, but they did not act maturely or reasonably at all towards us throughout the entire conflict, thereby testing our patience. Feel free to debate based on your opinions, but those are just that: opinions.

Our patience ran out, and Legion accepted terms.

Sure, we didn't have a perfect performance either, but you can't please everyone, and every game isn't fumble-free.
[/quote]
I posted it so you don't have to read up. ^_^

[quote name='wilhelm the demented' date='22 February 2010 - 02:09 AM' timestamp='1266822595' post='2196806']
I posted it so you don't have to read up. ^_^
[/quote]

I already read it and still disagree with it. What you will say wont change my mind to think that you are taking just under 1/6 of an alliances tech then crippling their tech market on 30 nations for a month. To be honest I just think that you are trying to do more than get justified reparations.