A Sombre Announcement from the Orange Defense Network

Style #386

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='15 February 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1266272152' post='2183532']
So you think this new attitude is going to stop people from giving you !@#$? The same people, no matter what, are going to give you the same !@#$ no matter how you act. You're more respectable than to stoop as low as I and a host of others do, or at least you were.
[/quote]
No i do not think any of us believe that will stop people giving out to us, some of us are grumpy jerks as a consequence of all the !@#$; nothing more-nothing less. That said some still encapsulate the old attitude (thinking of the likes of Pingu for instance).

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Cataduanes' date='15 February 2010 - 05:21 PM' timestamp='1266272505' post='2183543']
No i do not think any of us believe that will stop people giving out to us, some of us are grumpy jerks as a consequence of all the !@#$; nothing more-nothing less. That said some still encapsulate the old attitude (thinking of the likes of Pingu for instance).
[/quote]

STFU, n00b

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='15 February 2010 - 04:15 PM' timestamp='1266272152' post='2183532']
So you think this new attitude is going to stop people from giving you !@#$? The same people, no matter what, are going to give you the same !@#$ no matter how you act. You're more respectable than to stoop as low as I and a host of others do, or at least you were.
[/quote]
How did Jag miss the announcement on the ODN forums stating that we were now going to be using a smarmy attitude in an attempt to prevent people from giving us !@#$?

ODN has always been full of smarmy *********. We just weren't outspoken about it.

[quote name='Jaguar1' date='16 February 2010 - 06:01 AM' timestamp='1266300105' post='2184927']
How did Jag miss the announcement on the ODN forums stating that we were now going to be using a smarmy attitude in an attempt to prevent people from giving us !@#$?

ODN has always been full of smarmy *********. We just weren't outspoken about it.
[/quote]

In other words, you were respectful, and you had and showed respect for others. This new behaviour really is not fitting of your alliance, and it's sad that you guys think you have to stoop that low.

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='16 February 2010 - 08:15 AM' timestamp='1266326157' post='2185482']
In other words, you were respectful, and you had and showed respect for others. This new behaviour really is not fitting of your alliance, and it's sad that you guys think you have to stoop that low.
[/quote]

I expect the relentless infantile, baseless carping by numerous (but by no means all) heads of government on Bob over the past many months has worn down some of my comrades' reserves of civility.

I blame potato.

[quote name='Pingu' date='16 February 2010 - 03:21 PM' timestamp='1266333708' post='2185589']
I expect the relentless infantile, baseless carping by numerous (but by no means all) heads of government on Bob over the past many months has worn down some of my comrades' reserves of civility.

I blame potato.
[/quote]

You started behaving this leading up to/after you were let in to CnG. The countless barbs directed at you, which are directed at virtually every other alliance that has it's detractors, did not change your attitude or behaviour until now. Those people who hate you, will always hate you, and they will continue to say what they have always said about you.

Your alliance, at one point, really was better than how you're acting now. While people may have said things about you that you did not like, you still held your head up high, and now all you do is send back smarmy, ******* like replies because that's what your new allies would do. You're better than that.

Edited by astronaut jones

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='16 February 2010 - 10:26 AM' timestamp='1266333979' post='2185593']
You started behaving this leading up to/after you were let in to CnG. The countless barbs directed at you, which are directed at virtually every other alliance that has it's detractors, did not change your attitude or behaviour until now. Those people who hate you, will always hate you, and they will continue to say what they have always said about you.

Your alliance, at one point, really was better than how you're acting now. While people may have said things about you that you did not like, you still held your head up high, and now all you do is send back smarmy, ******* like replies because that's what your new allies would do. You're better than that.
[/quote]

I do appreciate your high opinion of our allegedly former high standards. I direct your attention to the point I made about erosion: too much !@#$%*ing and whining can wear down the patience somewhat. Perhaps some of my comrades simply reached a tipping point.

Or you can join me in blaming potato.

[quote name='Pingu' date='16 February 2010 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1266358658' post='2186310']
I do appreciate your high opinion of our allegedly former high standards. I direct your attention to the point I made about erosion: too much !@#$%*ing and whining can wear down the patience somewhat. Perhaps some of my comrades simply reached a tipping point.

Or you can join me in blaming potato.
[/quote]

And my point was, you only "lost your patience" immediately leading up to your acceptance into CnG. In essence, you started acting that way because your new friends did and you're trying to fit in.

You're better than that, and you don't need to act like an !@#$%^& just because your new friends do.

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='16 February 2010 - 09:34 PM' timestamp='1266374049' post='2186731']
I'm blaming you for trying too hard to fit in.
[/quote]

Ah. You would counsel us to stick out instead? But doing that seems to attract swarms of pests. Oh - I get it - this is yet another one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't (so long as you are ODN) things isn't it?

Why are you offering us advice anyway? Or, more to the point, what would you expect us to do with advice from someone who has devoted a significant portion of his career to kneejerk hating on every little thing we do?

I'll stick with blaming potato, I think.

[quote name='Jaguar1' date='15 February 2010 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1266300105' post='2184927']

[/quote]

I am actually confused as to what attitude Jones is talking about. I see no difference in the way people post that can be directly related to us joining CnG. I think peoples perception has changed, and they perceive what is said here in a different manner based on us joining CnG. I think it is not us who has changed but it is Jones' perception of us that has changed.