Who is taking the biggest beating in this war?

Kijuna69

1,017 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So far, who do you think has taken the biggest beating on the battlefield? As for my vote:

I'd say Valhalla. Closely followed by IRON. TOP and MK have taken a lot of damage but TOP gets bonus points for being able to sneak a lot of nations in their top rank into peace (lol staggers?) and MK because the worst is likely over for them as most of their enemies are in nuke anarchy or peacemode. Polar definitely has taken the biggest beating from a diplomatic/PR point of view, but unlike many members of their coalition they've used phased peacemode exits to significantly reduce their losses, at least for now.

Edited by Kijuna69

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='10 February 2010 - 10:07 AM' timestamp='1265818035' post='2172682']
[color="#0000FF"]This poll does not include FAIL. We have lost several hundred points of strength since the war began.[/color]
[/quote]
Including FAIL would taint the poll as the vast legions of FAIL haters would vote for it en masse, while the thousands of loyal FAIL fans would boycott the poll all together for even implying FAIL has taking anything resembling a beating. For those reasons FAIL is not a choice.

[quote name='Kijuna69' date='10 February 2010 - 08:54 AM' timestamp='1265817256' post='2172663']
So far, who do you think has taken the biggest beating on the battlefield? As for my vote:

I'd say Valhalla. Closely followed by IRON. TOP and MK have taken a lot of damage but TOP gets bonus points for being able to sneak a lot of nations in their top rank into peace (lol staggers?) and MK because the worst is likely over for them as most of their enemies are in nuke anarchy or peacemode. Polar definitely has taken the biggest beating from a diplomatic/PR point of view, but unlike many members of their coalition they've used phased peacemode exits to significantly reduce their losses, at least for now.
[/quote]

Why would you say Valhalla?

Edited by Kryievla

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='10 February 2010 - 11:29 AM' timestamp='1265819343' post='2172711']
Is this based on total NS lost or percentage of loss?
[/quote]
Presumably a combination of either, both, and other factors left at the viewer's discretion. There's not much of a point in making a poll where there can objectively be only one true result.

I voted Polaris. They may not have taken the most damage in-game, but being trapped on both sides makes it likely that they eventually will. Hopefully they figure something out soon.

[quote name='Style #386' date='10 February 2010 - 10:40 AM' timestamp='1265820035' post='2172728']
Presumably a combination of either, both, and other factors left at the viewer's discretion. There's not much of a point in making a poll where there can objectively be only one true result.
[/quote]
Yes this. Total NS loss, % loss and most importantly in my view current tactical position. This is why I don't think TOP/MK are so bad, because despite their losses their position is not bad (This applies to just about anyone in the Supercomplaints side). Valhalla and IRON on the other hand have taken huge losses and due to the alliance they're fighting and the way they deployed their troops look to continue that trend. Valhalla eeks out a huge victory because IRON phased their attacks a tiny bit better and because Valhalla has several alliances equal or bigger than them in size solely devoted to hitting them, where as all the big alliances hitting IRON are fighting on many fronts.

[quote name='Seipher Caim' date='10 February 2010 - 11:00 AM' timestamp='1265821208' post='2172750']
I echo my dear Kry's question...
And also, it would be nice to define what you call a "beating"...

Thank you for your support to our war effort !
[/quote]
Because you rushed head first into FAN and then got piled on. While being in the most wars per nation is good for bragging it's very bad for the actual war. Most other alliances are either launching a ton of offensive wars without much worry of being hit, or are being piled on and thus are phasing their attacks to minimize their losses while keeping a constant stream of offensive resources directed at the enemy. Valhalla just got one nice wave off against FAN and then proceded to get stomped. The only thing that saved you guys from a total failure was that some of your enemies are war-crazed killers and in their bloodlust they messed up a few staggers, so you might be able to put something of a second offensive, though not much and for sure not enough for anyone to really feel it.

[quote name='Kijuna69' date='10 February 2010 - 06:09 PM' timestamp='1265821762' post='2172761']
Because you rushed head first into FAN and then got piled on. While being in the most wars per nation is good for bragging it's very bad for the actual war. Most other alliances are either launching a ton of offensive wars without much worry of being hit, or are being piled on and thus are phasing their attacks to minimize their losses while keeping a constant stream of offensive resources directed at the enemy. Valhalla just got one nice wave off against FAN and then proceded to get stomped. The only thing that saved you guys from a total failure was that some of your enemies are war-crazed killers and in their bloodlust they messed up a few staggers, so you might be able to put something of a second offensive, though not much and for sure not enough for anyone to really feel it.
[/quote]

[b]"is good for bragging[/b]"
Isnt it the whole point of the OWF recently ? Bragging ? Cause I saw no other thing being done... So at least, we had a spot to take... We took it happily.

[b]"they messed up a few staggers[/b]"
I know that personal fact do not stand for a whole front but hey, tell FAN I could have benefited from a few days off to rebuild my army... they didnt let me do it !

[b]"for sure not enough for anyone to really feel it.[/b]"
Have you already seen nations between 5 to 20k NS pillaged by a horde of greatly militarized nations with full mil wonders ? If not, wait a few days. I swear to you people feel it...

[quote name='Shardoon' date='10 February 2010 - 11:28 AM' timestamp='1265822912' post='2172797']
At TOP we use actual stats to answer this type of question: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=299&view=findpost&p=2165569

lolpolls
[/quote]
Typical stat collector.

[quote name='Kijuna69' date='10 February 2010 - 11:30 AM' timestamp='1265823034' post='2172800']
Typical stat collector.
[/quote]

I'm a typical stat collector? Actually above average if you check my nation. I'm just including a link to the actual stats so that people can be informed when they choose to vote in your poll - instead of just clicking a button. Any reason ODN isn't on your list? They seem to be taking a pretty big hit militarily and politically. :(

Have a nice "typical poll creator" day B-)

[quote name='Shardoon' date='10 February 2010 - 12:34 PM' timestamp='1265823244' post='2172803']
I'm a typical stat collector? Actually above average if you check my nation. I'm just including a link to the actual stats so that people can be informed when they choose to vote in your poll - instead of just clicking a button. Any reason ODN isn't on your list? They seem to be taking a pretty big hit militarily and politically. :(

Have a nice "typical poll creator" day B-)
[/quote]

The ODN has definitely absorbed some damage on the battlefield; the great thing is that we seem to be enjoying the exchange of blows with your lot.

I would be very interested in viewing the data in support of your statement that the ODN has taken a "pretty big hit" politically due to this war.

[quote name='Shardoon' date='10 February 2010 - 12:34 PM' timestamp='1265823244' post='2172803']
Any reason ODN isn't on your list? They seem to be taking a pretty big hit militarily and politically. :(
[/quote]
We're taking a hit politically?

[quote name='Barnaby von Farter' date='10 February 2010 - 01:04 PM' timestamp='1265828644' post='2172915']
I would be very interested in viewing the data in support of your statement that the ODN has taken a "pretty big hit" politically due to this war.
[/quote]

[quote name='Style #386' date='10 February 2010 - 01:06 PM' timestamp='1265828769' post='2172925']
[/quote]

I sincerely apologize. I was poking a stick at the poll maker, not at our friends in ODN.

Unfortunately I can't link you to the actual stats which are merely my perception in this case and from my perspective. I'm sure from your own perspective the ODN has never been on stronger political footing :blush:

[quote name='Style #386' date='10 February 2010 - 02:06 PM' timestamp='1265828769' post='2172925']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I can safely say that as a result of ODN's conduct in this war that the League has no plans to sign any treaties with ODN anytime soon. So quite frankly you cannot deny that you have alienated at least one possible post-war ally.[/color]

[quote name='Shardoon' date='10 February 2010 - 02:14 PM' timestamp='1265829282' post='2172943']
I sincerely apologize. I was poking a stick at the poll maker, not at our friends in ODN.

Unfortunately I can't link you to the actual stats which are merely my perception in this case and from my perspective. I'm sure from your own perspective the ODN has never been on stronger political footing :blush:
[/quote]

Rebel Virginia is humorous.

I would like to hear more about your perspective, Shardoon. Why do you think we're "taking a pretty big hit" politically? Please, do tell.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='10 February 2010 - 02:14 PM' timestamp='1265829286' post='2172944']
[color="#0000FF"]I can safely say that as a result of ODN's conduct in this war that the League has no plans to sign any treaties with ODN anytime soon. So quite frankly you cannot deny that you have alienated at least one possible post-war ally.[/color]
[/quote]
To be fair, did you have plans previously?

[quote name='Style #386' date='10 February 2010 - 02:34 PM' timestamp='1265830455' post='2172980']
To be fair, did you have plans previously?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]That is irrelevant. All I can say is that I don't have any plans now. Not that I was planning to sign anything with ODN prior, but now I can definitely say that I plan not to sign anything with ODN. You have left a sour taste in the mouths of FAIL members.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='10 February 2010 - 02:57 PM' timestamp='1265831848' post='2173011']
[color="#0000FF"]You have left a sour taste in the mouths of FAIL members.[/color]
[/quote]

Arsenal, you'll need to make it up to Planet Soy and JamCity as soon as possible. Did I miss any FAIL members there? I think I got 'em all.