Someone Actually Surrendered to GGA

Proxian Empire

[quote name='King Penchuk' date='10 February 2010 - 03:39 AM' timestamp='1265773192' post='2171757']
All I can say is wow.

How did this just happen? What has gone wrong with world? Should GGA give him a medal? Instinct says yes.
[/quote]
After all the !@#$ NpO has pulled over the last month I find the irony of any member of NpO calling out the behavior of another alliance quite delicious.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='10 February 2010 - 01:15 AM' timestamp='1265793337' post='2172359']
Isn't declaring upward a bad thing? I mean, it makes you look tough, but it's still bad strategy.
[/quote]
The Legion declared upward, and we're doing well. :D

Also:

http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?Alliance=The+Legion&input1=legion+POW

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='10 February 2010 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1265834732' post='2173106']
After all the !@#$ NpO has pulled over the last month I find the irony of any member of NpO calling out the behavior of another alliance quite delicious.
[/quote]

Who cares what alliance some is from? This is OOC. :P

The reactions to this are funny though...

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='10 February 2010 - 04:30 PM' timestamp='1265837413' post='2173183']
Who cares what alliance some is from? This is OOC. :P

The reactions to this are funny though...
[/quote]
Amen. You practically have to re-roll and set your alliance to none for that argument not to be used.

(And then you'll be the subject of Walford jokes and get raided). :P

[quote name='scutterbug' date='10 February 2010 - 05:51 AM' timestamp='1265799114' post='2172420']
Quick someone surrender to MHA lets make a thread about it too. O wait, what a load of un needed rubbish.
[/quote]
Yeah, really. Imugran is a ghost, people. Failed to apply properly. Oh well.

Edited by Pasta Machine

[quote name='Style #386' date='10 February 2010 - 12:23 PM' timestamp='1265790230' post='2172322']
I don't think GGA are nearly as bad as a lot of people like to think. They've had some dreadful leadership that more or less immediately indoctrinated new members to their ridiculous standards, and I know they're working daily to improve their alliance across the board.

As for the mention that Dark First could compete for the title of WAE... they have seem them do nothing but pull their weight in this war and declare upwards more often than not. I could name plenty of alliances on this side which have performed considerably worse.
[/quote]

How you perform in a war doesn't make you immune to being WAE.

Maybe I'm not active enough on the forums, but that display by DF earlier (you know, the "boo hoo can someone attack NSO for us? we left our manlihood in our other purse") is hands down the most pathetic thing I've seen since that 2 month span last year when GGA couldn't just shut up and kept digging themselves into a hole.

Granted, it would also have to encompass an all-around effort by the alliance in all aspects, which is why I said DF can merely compete, not win.

[quote name='thaone' date='10 February 2010 - 02:50 PM' timestamp='1265777409' post='2171939']
I didn't fight GGA, but maybe they learned from their mistakes in Karma and rewrote all their warguides and started keeping warchests.
[/quote]

You dont get to be WAE just by having a crappy military. I'm not saying it hurts, but it is far from enough by itself. Go back to the old boards and read through PCs posts to get an idea where they started. Then he got coup'd and they became a puppet alliance of their sworn enemies. Green used to be the sphere of win, before they choked it to death. And we are still talking so far back I doubt most of the posters here today have a clue what I am talking about.

GGA will be holding that title for a long time, they have such a headstart it would be impossible for anyone else to top their credentials anytime soon.

[quote name='jerdge' date='10 February 2010 - 03:36 AM' timestamp='1265801777' post='2172441']
Maybe Imugran was defeated and with no cash and decided to surrender because he thought it was pointless to continue?

His opponents don't overall look in a bright shape, due to multiple wars with other Hitchhikers, thus in this case I'd say that Imugran's surrender didn't much helped his opponents to threaten other MHA nations... Overall we're in front of a fairly common case that may not deserve all this attention.

By the way, I count 5 MHA POWs - 2 from GGA and 3 from IRON - although we Hitchhikers [s]are[/s] were not known for our ferociousness in battle either. Should we think less of those five because of that? Probably not.
[/quote]

I'm actually pretty happy with how we're doing in this fight. We aren't a military powerhouse, or even close to it, but we've definitely improved a great deal since Karma.