CN Generations

Tarikmo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mpol is right though that most of you don't understand the concept of generations.

It's perhaps more useful to divide history into periods and major events. You name them.

Era 1: the beginnings, the creation of major alliances, NPO as sole superpower. Ends with GWI.

Era 2: the Cold War between the LUE side and the NPO side (composition varies). Ends with GWII and Initiative Victory.

Era 3: Initiative dominance. Ends with the UJW.

Era 4: bit of a problem whether to end it with the NoCB war or stretching it to the Karma War

Era 5: Our days

Best way to split it really. 06 had a war right in the middle, those that joined before are ancient and those that joined after are just really old.

As a note i joined after. Suck it ancient fine gentleman.

Edited by MagicalTrevor

mpol is right though that most of you don't understand the concept of generations.

It's perhaps more useful to divide history into periods and major events. You name them.

Era 1: the beginnings, the creation of major alliances, NPO as sole superpower. Ends with GWI.

Era 2: the Cold War between the LUE side and the NPO side (composition varies). Ends with GWII and Initiative Victory.

Era 3: Initiative dominance. Ends with the UJW.

Era 4: bit of a problem whether to end it with the NoCB war or stretching it to the Karma War

Era 5: Our days

It'd be interesting to see how many of each era still remain.

I'd say the earliest generations are still very well represented in the active population of the forum community. We've lost most, but the GWII and earlier players are still the loudest and best-recognised. :P

How many people have actually come to prominence and wield influence that started playing post-GWII? I really am wondering now as I don't think I recognize anyone meeting that criteria, granted I still don't know the government of most alliances nowadays.

How many people have actually come to prominence and wield influence that started playing post-GWII? I really am wondering now as I don't think I recognize anyone meeting that criteria, granted I still don't know the government of most alliances nowadays.

I would say that a good portion of the UjW alliances and their splinters are post GWII. TPF/Fark for example as well as Umbrella which came from Genmay (not entirely sure if Genmay was around in GWII or GWIII for that matter....)

The title made me think of a Star Trek movie of the same subtitle. The immediate picture in my mind was Andaras meets Chief Savage Man or some other \m/ leader. What fun that would be.

On a more immediate note, I christen the 'eras' as such:

2006: Founding fathers or something cheesy to that extent.

2007: Baby boomers, because that's when the game really took off, as it would seem.

2008: Hippies, because those days were all about Vietnam and LSD.

2009: Generation X, because the Karma war that 'freed' the world actually just replaced your shackles with a more discreet variety, but you don't care because pop music and trendy clothing occupy 99% of your time and energy.

Hope this was of help.