This will actually happen, Zombie RP

Michael McBride

As the title says, this will actually happen. And it will be non-canon. Basic rules: we use the nations and stats we have now, any threads have the topic description of "ZRP", and, again, non-canon.

Zombies used will be the Max Brooks type. No running, no specials, no using weapons, no memories, nothing. The only advantages these zombies have over humans is no fear, no need for oxygen, and no fear. The only thing that will kill them is destroying the brain. The head will remain alive even if decapitated from the body.

The virus used will be Solanum, the fiction virus used by Max Brooks in his two books, "The Zombie Survival Guide" and "World War Z". There is no cure, there will be no cure in the RP. This is purely a war and fighting RP, along with character stuff. Hopefully mostly character stuff.

This is meant to be fun, interesting, and fun. :D

Info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zombie_Survival_Guide

Players

Michael Harland - The Italian Federation

N Reeki

Centuris - Holy American Empire

Edited by Pravus Ingruo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to have you on board, guys. Reeki, where is your country now, anyways?

Oh, and Cent... I'm thinking the Amazon would be a great place to have the virus start ("historically", a.k.a. Brook's novels, it always starts in remote, non-civilized areas, a reason there still isn't a known source or cure). And with the HAE's connections to the rest of the world, it could spread quickly. Let me know what you think.

Oh, and Cent... I'm thinking the Amazon would be a great place to have the virus start ("historically", a.k.a. Brook's novels, it always starts in remote, non-civilized areas, a reason there still isn't a known source or cure). And with the HAE's connections to the rest of the world, it could spread quickly. Let me know what you think.

At the moment, I don't have one. I'll still have to ask around for some land, but for the moment consider me in Scotland's protectorate (since that's where Markus is at the moment)

Sounds quite good to me.

...I think he just called us uncivilized. :P

I knew we shouldn't have sacrificed that virgin :(

...I think he just called us uncivilized. :P

Just like RL Australia. :P

Skype Conversation

Aussie Friend: Those make good sausage dogs.

Sister: They don't eat dogs in civilized countries.

Aussie Friend: Who said we were civilized?

I'm in. Kingdom of Caucasia.

Just like RL Australia. :P

Skype Conversation

Aussie Friend: Those make good sausage dogs.

Sister: They don't eat dogs in civilized countries.

Aussie Friend: Who said we were civilized?

I'm in. Kingdom of Caucasia.

Hey!

Oh, wait, you said RL Australia. B-)

Zombies used will be the Max Brooks type. No running, no specials, no using weapons, no memories, nothing. The only advantages these zombies have over humans is no fear, no need for oxygen, and no fear. The only thing that will kill them is destroying the brain. The head will remain alive even if decapitated from the body.

Info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zombie_Survival_Guide

I remember somewhere in WWZ where they mentioned the zombies speeding up when they got closer to their prey... its like they had a feeding 'range' or something where they'd exhibit bursts of speed when they got close to something edible.

I think it was something about the Battle of Philadelphia... maybe the Battle of Franklin Square?

Is that allowed?

Edited by Executive Minister

So, will it be a national rp, a character one, or can it be a bit of both?

Little bit of both. Obviously your national response is important, but faceless battles of tanks and nameless troops are really the status quo right now and it's boring as $%&@. I'm going to be doing my national response with my characters in the middle of all of that, so that's me. Everyone can do what they'd like, obviously, but this was also meant as a chance to develop characters more, along with having some fun.

Better question, when does it start?

As soon as Cent or Jerry write the first post. It's starting out in SA somewhere.

I remember somewhere in WWZ where they mentioned the zombies speeding up when they got closer to their prey... its like they had a feeding 'range' or something where they'd exhibit bursts of speed when they got close to something edible.

I think it was something about the Battle of Philadelphia... maybe the Battle of Franklin Square?

Is that allowed?

They can more faster than their normal shuffling, but from my understanding it was more of a lunge at their prey, not a full out sprint to get to them. They talked about it in the chapter where they were clearing the safe zone west of the Rockies going house to house at night and such. So, lunging when they get close, but no full out sprints. The muscles can't do it without the oxygen intake anymore.