CN lack of histilities

SilentFury

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There no longer is any real deep seated dislike for the other side anymore. Look at Karma, it was essentially CnG vs NPO at the root. UJW was NpO and UJP hating each other, the GW were NPO/NpO hating NAAC and GATO. With the Karma war the hate was washed away or put on hold until the NPO leaves peace (except with Cortath I don't think the NPO will jump back). SF/CnG/NpO do not hate Citadel, they may be cautious of each other, all wanting a bigger piece of the pie, but there really isn't bad blood.

That is why until there is some deep seated hatred between 2 major powers with their own spheres there won't be large wars worth fighting and we will get the TPF war all over again.

There no longer is any real deep seated dislike for the other side anymore. Look at Karma, it was essentially CnG vs NPO at the root. UJW was NpO and UJP hating each other, the GW were NPO/NpO hating NAAC and GATO. With the Karma war the hate was washed away or put on hold until the NPO leaves peace (except with Cortath I don't think the NPO will jump back). SF/CnG/NpO do not hate Citadel, they may be cautious of each other, all wanting a bigger piece of the pie, but there really isn't bad blood.

That is why until there is some deep seated hatred between 2 major powers with their own spheres there won't be large wars worth fighting and we will get the TPF war all over again.

I disagree. I have an extremely deep seated dislike for a great deal of the other side.

After tonight, some of my own side.

I disagree. I have an extremely deep seated dislike for a great deal of the other side.

After tonight, some of my own side.

I'm talking on the Alliance-Alliance scale and with major alliances. NPO-NAAC/GATO/LUE were the largest powers at the time of the GW and instigated all those conflicts dragging the world with them.

That's a major concern for some - and what alot of people wanted at the same time. We want security - but we also want to blow s**t up. We all like to choose our battles so we either win - or we lose with honor. I just don't see this really happening for any side even if they wanted to either. Just give me a good CB and I'll move the world.

Looks like people only wanna fight when its a curb stomp this could of been prob one of the most even wars ever, and all just backed down pretty disappointing.

Well just out of curiosity marty do you think TPF ATHENs and ROK are not major enough?

This whole situation is wrought from what non-degree holding political scientists (super certified. srsly.) refer to as the stagnation-agitation effect.

!@#$ doesn't go down for a long time, people get bored, people get aggravated easily, and declare wars.

tl;dr RESISTANCE > YOU

This whole situation is wrought from what non-degree holding political scientists (super certified. srsly.) refer to as the stagnation-agitation effect.

!@#$ doesn't go down for a long time, people get bored, people get aggravated easily, and declare wars.

tl;dr RESISTANCE > YOU

Degree holding political scientists are just baffled. And disappointed. Well, this one is anyway.

Looks like people only wanna fight when its a curb stomp this could of been prob one of the most even wars ever, and all just backed down pretty disappointing.

Well just out of curiosity marty do you think TPF ATHENs and ROK are not major enough?

1. I don't consider them the leaders of the world. NpO, MK, and TOP are the major alliances right now. Actually, on second thought I would put up RoK as major. Not the rest though.

2. Even if they were, they don't hate each other. RoK/Athens just attacked TPF because of spying, not because they had an agenda to destroy TPF as a bloodlusted enemy.

Edited by Marty McFly

QQ more... The war came to a complete halt when everyone went into peace mode anyway, and no one would have came out to risk their nation getting jumped. And now TPF gets off the hook a lot easier than we thought they would. I mean I'm a little disappointed there was no war too, but I'm happy for TPF now that they can breathe.

QQ more... The war came to a complete halt when everyone went into peace mode anyway, and no one would have came out to risk their nation getting jumped. And now TPF gets off the hook a lot easier than we thought they would. I mean I'm a little disappointed there was no war too, but I'm happy for TPF now that they can breathe.

Everything the side of Athens/RoK did struck me as backtracking and being largely insecure.

Right down to sending everyone into peace mode that was above 60k because big bad TOP might declare and "trying to win the battle in the lower ranks" (What?) to the final "well we've got like 50 alliances here ready to fight for us, let's give them war orders and then negotiate peace without telling anyone".

I believe that will be more devasting than any bad PR that might have come of this, when the time comes to rally the troops again.

Don't feel so damn sorry and happy for us. I for one speak not for government, but only for the body annoyed of the Bat Rabid that we wish your little tech raid had continued a bit longer. Hell. I still got one chump on the line.... I ain't send peace dood, you send peace, I send NOOKs.

Peace is a lie

Athens is a joke

M is temp

.-.. --- .-.. / .- - .... . -. ... / - .... .- - / .. ... / .- .-.. .-..