57th Overlanders DoW's BC 2.0

Kodiak

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really Asriel?

So you gain information that another alliance was planning to destroy you, but they actually don't because their plan failed when the global war ended. Are we supposed to coexist peacefully now? I don't think so.

Also, the poll on that screenie shows you did -not- vote against warring us. It passed, what, 5-2? Nice.

Yes, really Roosterton. I wasn't saying we were supposed to coexist peacefully, though I wasn't saying we should necessarily go to war either. Also, the poll on that screenie is not done. New members can join you see, and we count their vote as well. Also, that's not the only vote that matters. There were votes done at the government level after those screenshots that later determined we will not be going to war.

Again, regardless, doesn't much matter any more. You guys chose to act aggressively, so we will all have to live with it.

For those who are saying Nemesis came out of nowhere: We have been working closely with nemesis and have been developing strong ties to them over the past few months. You don't need a treaty to declare in support of a friend, however much your e-lawyers want to state you do.

So the fact that they would have used a global war to hide their opportunism in hitting their "rivals" makes it ok?

Most wars are opportunistic. It's logical you want a sizable advantage before going in.

In a big conflict, of course you concentrate your firepower, neutralize a target as quickly as possible and re-engage on other fronts.

You'd have to be pretty dim to believe it has anything to do with 'supporting allies'.

The thread titles says it, the thread says it, and the only reason it is happening is because their allies are in it. Yeah, obviously BC hates 57th. That doesn't dispute it was being done in the context of a global war, where their ally was slated to attack an alliance, and asked for support. It seems silly to declare on them for this.

You'd have to be pretty dim to believe it has anything to do with 'supporting allies'.

Actually, it has more to do with supporting allies than you'd think. It took a while for CoJ to convince us to even have that vote. You notice things started on the 27th, and the poll was taken around the 31st/1st of january? There is a reason for that. Noticing little things has a tendency to make your assumptions a little closer to the truth.

The thread titles says it, the thread says it, and the only reason it is happening is because their allies are in it. Yeah, obviously BC hates 57th. That doesn't dispute it was being done in the context of a global war, where their ally was slated to attack an alliance, and asked for support. It seems silly to declare on them for this.

As does 57th hate us. I would give logs, but logdumping is 2009 material, so I'll save you all the pain.

Supporting their allies does not have to be their motivation. So long as their treaties worked out to hit you, they would have been perfectly justified hitting you. Im pretty sure I saw in those screenshots that it would have to happen in defense of their allies.

the quote goes:

"Even if you guys do vote that we go to war, we may not. It all depends on who declares war on who first tonight."

A clear indication that they planned to follow treaties to this course.

Fail DOW is FAIL.

Fine, they knew who was going to be hitting them so they performed a pre-emptive strike. So what?

Fine, they knew who was going to be hitting them so they performed a pre-emptive strike. So what?

Well, I suppose had the thread said that I would be saying something different. More along the lines of "You just pre-empted somebody in a war that just ended. Huh?"

Everyone check the time stamps, for Christ's sake. We posted this *1 minute* after RoK announced the TPF war was over; we had our nations declaring even before then. So we couldn't stop attacking because the war was still on. It's just that by the time the topic was posted, RoK had announced peace in the TPF war for all combatants.

Edited by Theoroshia

All well and good, except that our peace kinda, you know, means that nobody would have been hitting them.
War's over, nobody was hitting anybody. They've pre-empted nothing.

Well I never said they were smart. You of all people should know that about me, Poyples.

It is the 57th.

Supporting their allies does not have to be their motivation. So long as their treaties worked out to hit you, they would have been perfectly justified hitting you. Im pretty sure I saw in those screenshots that it would have to happen in defense of their allies.

the quote goes:

"Even if you guys do vote that we go to war, we may not. It all depends on who declares war on who first tonight."

A clear indication that they planned to follow treaties to this course.

Fail DOW is FAIL.

So hostility towards each other to the extent that one plans to hit another on a chain of around 9 ODP's isn't enough of a reason for war... you have to use someone elses CB and dress it up as helping allies?

Everyone check the time stamps, for Christ's sake. We posted this *1 minute* after RoK announced the TPF war was over; we had our nations declaring even before then. So we couldn't stop attacking because the war was still on. It's just that by the time the topic was posted, RoK had announced peace in the TPF war for all combatants.

then I guess you just man up and take your beating.

So you admit to a pre-emptive strike?

Tu chez my dear boy :awesome:

You heard it from their own mouth. All suspicious have been confirmed.

So you admit to a pre-emptive strike?

They already admitted that. Have you ever considered joining the 57th?

Edited by Cairna

So then, you didn't even bother to check that the alliance was still planning on going to war with you?

Or check with anyone who knew anything about how the dice would fall?

And you didn't even bother to check that the war in question would sort of throw off the order of declarations?

And you didn't declare on any of Browncoat's allies, who would have also been going to war against you if Browncoats was even to consider it?

And who are the opportunists?

EDIT:

So hostility towards each other to the extent that one plans to hit another on a chain of around 9 ODP's isn't enough of a reason for war... you have to use someone elses CB and dress it up as helping allies?

As far as I could see, the only ODPs involved are through the Cult, who treats ODPs with high respect and does not sign higher.

And which is more likely, that Browncoats manipulated the entire chain of alliances into declaring on 57th, or that that just ended up how it ended up?

Edited by Thistledown