Alright, let's make this simple

Kalabac

Was/is Athens perfectly justified in attacking TPF?  

607 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people I've been arguing with have already agreed it was valid, just that there should have been some diplomacy before-hand in order to allow them to build up and hit peace mode.

You're missing the point. Diplomacy probably would have yielded better results than war.

However, don't reply to this post in this thread. I'll post this argument in the other thread.

Edited by kulomascovia

Nope. Fence sitters = people who see at least something wrong with the casus belli.

I am Lord Razzia and I approve of this message. :D

You're missing the point. Diplomacy probably would have yielded better results than *an attempted curbstomp*.

fixed.

Edited by Lord Razzia

Nope. Fence sitters = people who see at least something wrong with the casus belli.

I doubt most who vote "no" are fence sitters, just as I doubt that most who vote "yes" think this is a perfect war.

In other words, this is a terribly phrased poll, and will not tell you what you claim you want it to tell you.

Unless you are counting in these comments. ;)

Edited by Fantastico

I doubt most who vote "no" are fence sitters, just as I doubt that most who vote "yes" think this is a perfect war.

In other words, this is a terribly phrased poll, and will not tell you what you claim you want it to tell you.

Unless you are counting in these comments. ;)

If there are some misgivings about it it means they think something is wrong, ergo not a just war. I am asking because I want to gauge how TPF's allies can opt out of their mandatory pacts even when the attacker's CB is generally considered dubious.

Edited by Kalabac

Doublespeak developing there. Fence sitter suggests a neutral (or null) or undecided vote, and you're redfining a vote for neither(fence sitting) as a "No", and then redifining a well known term as a negative, when it's not. A third option for those who haven't made their mind up, or perhaps those who don't care is the only way you can try to define those voters. Dichotomies are too simplistic, unless your aim is to remove all meaning from communication.

cheers,

I agree with Señor Fantastico. I do not believe we will know complete details from either side, as they will want to keep some things secret.

I will say that had TPF avoided the appearance of wrongdoing in the first place, this war would not have happened.

Doublespeak developing there. Fence sitter suggests a neutral (or null) or undecided vote, and you're redfining a vote for neither(fence sitting) as a "No", and then redifining a well known term as a negative, when it's not. A third option for those who haven't made their mind up, or perhaps those who don't care is the only way you can try to define those voters. Dichotomies are too simplistic, unless your aim is to remove all meaning from communication.

cheers,

I'm sure the fence sitters know that they still have their own opinion and can decide "yes", "no" or "null". It doesn't matter how you define them.

In other words, I have yet to see something wrong with this poll. But maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

cheers,

there is a null vote option, it's called not voting

Funny how a topic goes from a simple poll of yes or no about a issue into an debate about if the topic was needed, wanted, done right, or wrong, if there was enough questions and blah blah blah blah...

Oh and I voted yes, TPF done wrong... End of story...

it would not be a curbstomp if TPF's allies entered already.

You left out 1 really important word, "attempted"

This means I took the pressure off of TPF's allies and put it on mainly Athens.

Edited by Lord Razzia