An Announcement from Zero Hour

Zulchep

Not sure what exactly you are referring to but in my book conspiring to sabotage an alliance comes under the heading of crime.

If the part where you disagree is the attempted part, then it is my sad duty to inform you that success does not have anything to do with the terminology of the word crime. Otherwise we wouldn't have such nice phrases as "attempted murder" in front of a judge.

You are correct that on Planet Bob we do not have a code of laws which is enforced by a higher authority. We have always relied on individual alliances to make up their own "laws" in regards to what they are willing to accept as a casus belli or not.

In this context it seems pretty clear that Athens considers attempted sabotage/subversion a crime. Wether the world of CN accepts this in the end or not is something history will have to clear up.

I hadn't commented on the attempted part here however I did elsewhere. The case isn't one of attempted anything but more of the sort of conspiracy to. They never got to the point where they could attempt a destruction of Athens & Co. from within thus the analogy people are using faills flat. Conspiracy to commit murder would be planning to do so. Attempted murder is when you actually shot the gun to take that life but failed.

However my response wasn't about that either. Rather it was a line of argument ending up with who the responsibility falls with in ensuring Athens' interests are protected. The crime talk was merely my response to the spin placed on this whole mess with connotations of it being illegal by some codex refered to by all. It originated from the question of ways in which Athens can defend against such an operation or know if TPF wasn't continuing with them.

Edit

I'm having trouble finding the text for the treaty TPF joined the Karma war on. How do you google search the old forums?

Hyperbad is sleepy thus can't figure stuff out for squat

Edited by Hyperbad

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they went in on an independant treaty? ugh, my mind is fried.

Actually no, the Red Fire Pact (MADP) was cancelled as a show of disapproval to how the war/negotiations were handled...the Mobius Accords were however still in effect and honored.

Actually no, the Red Fire Pact (MADP) was cancelled as a show of disapproval to how the war/negotiations were handled...the Mobius Accords were however still in effect and honored.

That pact was however re-signed it and in the same thread announced their entry.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=54989

I suppose we can speak on hypotheticals on the use of either or both but I would want to see the wording of that other treaty.

That pact was however re-signed it and in the same thread announced their entry.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=54989

I suppose we can speak on hypotheticals on the use of either or both but I would want to see the wording of that other treaty.

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/...showtopic=78683

So what's up with this? http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=54880

mhawk just thought he'd resign and fight with NPO alone even though TPF had planned all along to defend them?

Well in this, the case of the MOST HEINOUS ACTSTM

Hey, you can't trademark a phrase I coined...

[17:00] <@mhawk> well when there are 2000 nations trying to kill us

[17:00] <@mhawk> we just reload

The above is the relevant part of the logs.

Sadly we only got 3 AA running against us right now and 2 of them are Athens and Little_Em_Space, so it's a weak tea of nostalgia.

I really can't believe you guys are that against TPF that you would come up with this load of bull. I was a founding member of ZH this didn't exist. I pray you get rolled, your such cowards stand up and fight TPF yourselves, don't hide behind this.

I really can't believe you guys are that against TPF that you would come up with this load of bull. I was a founding member of ZH this didn't exist. I pray you get rolled, your such cowards stand up and fight TPF yourselves, don't hide behind this.

Hey Dodger.

The reason why this didn't exist to you when ZH was founded is mostly because you were MIA after the declaration of existence of ZH. Besides, during the time you were a member of Zero Hour (12 days), all of this was still under something called "OPSEC". It is only obvious that you would never be privy to that information during your short stay.

I would suggest reading the logs as to have a better idea of what was happening.

Hey Dodger.

The reason why this didn't exist to you when ZH was founded is mostly because you were MIA after the declaration of existence of ZH. Besides, during the time you were a member of Zero Hour (12 days), all of this was still under something called "OPSEC". It is only obvious that you would never be privy to that information during your short stay.

I would suggest reading the logs as to have a better idea of what was happening.

My dear, I think you should do a little looking, I was MoIA a month before the alliance was announced.

My dear, I think you should do a little looking, I was MoIA a month before the alliance was announced.

Hey.

No need to look anywhere.

You started talking to DrunkMonkey about Zero Hour on June 23rd, one day after his resignation from TPF. You offered your help. The position of MoIA was offered to you on June 26th. The alliance was announced on July 5th.

I guess that means you were hardly the MoIA for a month before the alliance was announced. More like the MoIA for 09 days before the alliance was announced.

Regardless, I don't see how that changes the fact it was all OPSEC information and that you were, for obvious reasons, not privy to it.

You know thats fine, I know you have issues with TPF. I know that this never existed. And I know it doesn't matter what I say, because in the end you'll feed your lies to those who will listen. The only good that can come of this affair is that Zero Hour gets whats coming to them.

You know thats fine, I know you have issues with TPF. I know that this never existed. And I know it doesn't matter what I say, because in the end you'll feed your lies to those who will listen. The only good that can come of this affair is that Zero Hour gets whats coming to them.

So your statements are based in ignorance regarding this issue and not in fact.

Good to know.

This whole situation is just dumb. Why, why, why?

This, pretty much.

Planet Bob sure has had it's fair share of relational drama, but this is just gross as I care about people on both sides and find their actions universally and simultaneously repugnant. I am sad that this is what Elysium has become after their members had to deal with the NoWedge relational crap many moons ago. Once upon a time you used to be good nation rulers worthy of respect, and friends. Play nice dorks.... ;)

This, pretty much.

Planet Bob sure has had it's fair share of relational drama, but this is just gross as I care about people on both sides and find their actions universally and simultaneously repugnant. I am sad that this is what Elysium has become after their members had to deal with the NoWedge relational crap many moons ago. Once upon a time you used to be good nation rulers worthy of respect, and friends. Play nice dorks.... ;)

I'd like to think I still qualify ;):wub:

So, let me get this straight?

Mhawk entrusted a guerrilla mission to someone (namely DrunkMonkey) who had quite clearly stated that he will never respect Mhawk again?

Then, before the mission commenced that individual pulled out.

Finally, that individual waited 6 months to let those new allies he claims he cares so much about that TPF might have been plotting against them? So, for 6 months TPF according to the logic stated in the original declaration has been actively working against Athens and others, but ZH decided to let that all happen despite their friendship.

Seems to me, ZH would have let Athens and Rok know much sooner if they really wanted to be solid allies and good friends.

I do know that many of the friends I made with members of ZH while they were in TPF have been central in this drama and I'm very sorry to see it. I certainly hope they get what they're aiming for out of this, because their self respect has got to be damaged by wallowing around in this mud pit.

So ZH is sent as a 'commando' alliance to cause havoc behind enemy lines. ZH, out of cowardice or defeatism, decides that's it's pointless suicide and bails of TPF, dropping the commando aspect of the alliance and setting a new path of legitimacy. Relations between 1 of your target alliances, Athens, improves and evolves into an alliance. Not wanting your skeletons to come out later, ZH comes clean. Athens, ignoring the facts that 1. TPF did this during a war that was going badlly for them, 2. ZH didn't follow thru and 3. the war is long over, declares war.

Based on this info I don't see what you've done wrong but this combined with TPF's explanation leads me to the same conclusion with them. Nether ZH or TPF is in the wrong and yet their is a war.

You guys must be bored. ;)