Issuance from the Cult

CoJoriginalfx.png

As Presbyter of the Cult of Justitia, I do make public the Cult's recognition of the utter neutrality of The Democratic Order.

Neutrality is an oft-misunderstood concept on this Digiterra, but it is an important one worthy of recognition and protection. This recognition shall be in force for so long as TDO upholds its neutrality in respect to the Cult; the Cult shall never lapse in its DoGN obligations to TDO. For so long as the Cult is party to this declaration, in regards to the Cult's interactions with TDO, the DoGN shall take precendence over all other agreements .

For those unfamiliar with the TDO Declaration of Global Neutrality, it reads:

Article 0: Definitions

Signatories - Every undersigned alliance

Aggressor - Any nation that engages in hostile action against a member of TDO.

Hostile action - An actual, attempted, or threatened attack upon the targeted nation, or its citizens, territories, or properties.

Article 1: Pacifism

TDO member states are recognised and shall not be attacked. TDO members shall not attack the member states of any Signatories

Article 2: Neutrality

TDO member states shall be considered neutral in any conflict, save for those in which an Aggressor has taken hostile action against a TDO member state.

Article 3: Protecting TDO

A TDO member state responding to hostile action, even by force, against any TDO member state by an Aggressor shall not be regarded as a hostile act.

Article 4: Non-Aggression Terms

( A ) TDO member states are forbidden to initiate, or provoke another nation to initiate, hostile action against another nation.

( B ) Signatories are forbidden to initiate, or provoke another nation to initiate, hostile action against any TDO member state.

Article 5: Espionage

TDO recognizes all alliances have the right to privacy, and as such, will never perform acts of espionage. All forms of intelligence gathering will involve publicly available information, and only when such information has been released willingly by the stated alliance.

Signatories recognise TDO has these rights and will not perform acts of espionage on TDO.

Article 6: Illicit Aid

( A ) TDO member states are forbidden to knowingly provide any aid to non-TDO member states fighting another nation, unless against an Aggressor

( B ) Signatories are forbidden to knowingly provide any aid to Aggressors.

Article 7a - Free Trade

TDO member states and Signatories are asked not to place restriction on Trade Agreements between TDO and Signatory member nations. Subject to the restriction in Article 7b, all members have the right to determine their own trading patterns within their own alliance's rules and regulations.

Article 7b - Sanctions

1. TDO shall not use sanctions on any Signatory, unless against a Violator.

2. TDO shall not use Sanctions on non-Signatory Alliances or Nations, unless against an Aggressor.

3. Signatories shall not use sanctions on any TDO member, unless against a Violator.

3a. This Declaration and Pact does not seek to limit the use of Sanctions by Signatories against other nations or Alliances, whether they are Signatories to it or not.

4. The loss of a trade by a TDO member nation as a result of sanctions placed by a Signatory in accordance with this Declaration and Pact shall not be classed as a hostile act.

5. The loss of a trade by a Signatory as a result of sanctions placed by a TDO member shall not be classed as a hostile act.

Article 8: Violation

Any Member nation of TDO or a Signatory Alliance that violates the Pact by committing a Hostile Act shall be demanded to pay reparations to the member nation attacked. Reparations shall be calculated based on losses incurred during the attack, plus punitive damages not to exceed the calculated losses. If the individual Member Nation fails to pay the reparations, their Alliance shall be obliged to pay these reparations.

This treaty does not seek to place any restriction on the further punishment imposed on a violating Member Nation by its alliance.

Article 9: Enactment

This Declaration and Pact apply equally to all nations.

Signed for The Democratic Order:

Theo Cupier of Theosophy - Chancellor

Jebbie of Amandom - High Senator

Mitch Daniels of Birgeland - High Senator

Lowenbrau of Miller Time - High Senator

For the Cult of Justitia:

Schattenmann - Presbyter

Edited by Schattenmann

All is well and dandy then, as long as TDO don't get involved in your/your allies' business then.

Neutrality is as neutrlity does. It is the ignorant opinion of many that "neutral" means paralyzed. The Cult understands that on occassion TDO may have to act in its own self-interests in ways that may go beyond outsiders' understandings of the term "neutral", even to the point of physical or political exertions; furthermore, the Cult understands that neutral alliances retain sovereignty and defensive obligations. The DoGN is on one level a promise from TDO to all alliances of Digiterra, and on another level an agreement between signatories, thus my wording. The Cult maintains limited foreign interactions itself, TDO's interactions with third parties is of little concern to the Cult.

Edited by Schattenmann

Does this mean I have to respect them in public now? )):

Heh, I direct you to a timely discussion: http://forums.coj-cn.co.cc/index.php?topic...msg1124#msg1124

If something is important to you and you can vocalize your passions/thoughts/opinions in a manner that edifies Justitia, by all means, please do. As Presbyter, I do not cop.gif Justitians' OWF posts. We are all advanced rulers and I trust each of you to act according to our situations as members of the Cult.
This announcement makes me happy to see. I'm glad there are still other people out there that have respect for neutral alliances and their ideologies.

I, personally, am a longtime supporter of neutral alliances, and the Cult has from its inception been a respecter of neutrality, having also signed the GPA Declaration of Neutrality.

Edited by Schattenmann

Neutrality is as neutrality does. It is the ignorant opinion of many that "neutral" means paralyzed. The Cult understands that on occassion TDO may have to act in its own self-interests in ways that may go beyond outsiders' understandings of the term "neutral", even to the point of physical or political exertions; furthermore, the Cult understands that neutral alliances retain sovereignty and defensive obligations. The DoGN is on one level a promise from TDO to all alliances of Digiterra, and on another level an agreement between signatories, thus my wording. The Cult maintains limited foreign interactions itself, TDO's interactions with third parties is of little concern to the Cult.

I do not claim that they should be paralyzed, or that they do not have a right to defend themselves from attack, or engage in economic interaction with the rest of Bob.

But political exertions, as in to create a political affect beyond the remit of defending one's own soveriegnty, is making an impact on the political sphere which goes beyond disconnection to the political actions of the rest of the planet. The cancellation of the DoGN would seem to indicate that TDO has acted in a way that is beyond the neutrality of soveriegnty and defensive obligations.

I personally do not value the way of living on planet Bob espoused by TDO and other neutrals, as I think it is self limiting and not interacting fully with the planet, and losing out on a vital aspect of who bob lives and breathes. That said, I respect their decision aslong as their actions are coherent. It would be suggested from the cancellations that TDO has moved beyond economic and defensive military actions, unless your assumption is that RoK and FEAR have a very limited conception of neutrality, which I think it would be derogatory to suggest that the leadership of such two alliances obtain.

Until further light is shed to the general populace of bob, we won't know precisely.

A reactionary move based on little information. Still, I commend you for standing up for neutrality. As I said in the RoK announcement, FEAR normally respects an alliance's right to a peaceful existence, even if we disagree with it. We signed GPA's DoGN, MAD's DoGN, never canceled either of those, and TDO's DoGN during the NSO fiasco. In support of TDO.

Good show Schatt, Hopefully TDO wont keep making mistakes that lead to more cancellations

A mistake is in the eye of the beholder.

I personally do not value the way of living on planet Bob espoused by TDO and other neutrals, as I think it is self limiting and not interacting fully with the planet, and losing out on a vital aspect of who bob lives and breathes. That said, I respect their decision aslong as their actions are coherent. It would be suggested from the cancellations that TDO has moved beyond economic and defensive military actions, unless your assumption is that RoK and FEAR have a very limited conception of neutrality, which I think it would be derogatory to suggest that the leadership of such two alliances obtain.

Until further light is shed to the general populace of bob, we won't know precisely.

Assumptions based on the negative political sanctions against TDO are made on a faulty foundation. I am more than satisfied with and convinced of TDO's adherence to its DoGN in the past and in regard to the current situation. There are already two threads to discuss that in, though.

Edited by Schattenmann