Probably The Shortest Treaty Ever

ikMark

Wait, what? So... let's say iFOK attacked a random alliance just because. I highly doubt they'd do that, but let's just say they did. It's a pure war of aggression. If iFOK asked for assistance, would you help them? If they got hit in a counter by another alliance, would you help them? What if iFOK went to war with an ally of Fok's? Would this treaty take precedence over your other ally treaty?

Just asking for clarification here since I presume you want the world to be crystal clear on your relationship (otherwise you wouldn't have posted it on the OWF)

I would. I will always fight for FOK, why doesn't matter. And since iFOK is FOK too...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liking the simplicity of this.

However I thought iFoK was out of it's prot, especially as stickmen is supposed the highest regarded treaty for all members? Or was this prot excluded for this purpose? And again, why a Prot if there was stickmen, iFoK obviously know what they are doing.

Am I being slow today, or was this situation as confusing as I'm thinking?

Liking the simplicity of this.

However I thought iFoK was out of it's prot, especially as stickmen is supposed the highest regarded treaty for all members? Or was this prot excluded for this purpose? And again, why a Prot if there was stickmen, iFoK obviously know what they are doing.

Am I being slow today, or was this situation as confusing as I'm thinking?

This really should have been signed earlier, and you're right to say that iFOK didn't really needed protection after signing the Stickmen (and Fark and VE!). But FOK found iFOK to be a bit too small at the time to upgrade it. But now we're over 2 mil NS, and FOK has a new president, and now it's ok!

Thanks FOK! :wub:

This really should have been signed earlier, and you're right to say that iFOK didn't really needed protection after signing the Stickmen (and Fark and VE!). But FOK found iFOK to be a bit too small at the time to upgrade it. But now we're over 2 mil NS, and FOK has a new president, and now it's ok!

Thanks FOK! :wub:

Thats a high requirement rate for upgrading of a prot status. Each to their own I suppose.

I love how people demand us to explain what this treaty means. It is a treaty between FOK and iFOK, as long as they both know what it stands for (and they do) it is good enough for me.

Oh, and this treaty is :awesome:

Once again, I am not looking to cause drama or demand what it means, I'm asking what would you do in that situation? Can I get a simple answer? Or is it too hard. I'm still waiting after a page or so of avoided responses..

Once again, I am not looking to cause drama or demand what it means, I'm asking what would you do in that situation? Can I get a simple answer? Or is it too hard. I'm still waiting after a page or so of avoided responses..

I'm thinking formal treaties aren't really as reliable measure these days. There is always a lag between hard (written) and soft (social) obligation/desire to fight by another alliance. There's a hell of alot of treaties out there that aren't worth the paper they're written on, because of the social lag is unrecognised and no one has done anything about the treaty. The Karmic warm-up was a sign of that, if nothing else.

Divi Filius Posted Today, 01:54 PM

I love how people demand us to explain what this treaty means. It is a treaty between FOK and iFOK, as long as they both know what it stands for (and they do) it is good enough for me.

Oh, and this treaty is awesome.gif

I agree Divi.

Also, when can I nuke u?? :P :P :P

Ome has not paid for my kebab :huh:

Why would we want to attack an ally of FOK?

Would you choose NSO over NpO or vice versa?

Hell already froze over once, so I guess nobody has a cut and clear answer for your question. We don't expect the situation you just described will happen soon and else we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

That's not that fair a comparison since our treaties are at the same level with them. This treaty though seems to imply that it's stronger than Fok's other treaties. Hence the questioning.

You guys don't have to answer it obviously, and it appears you have chosen not to. That's cool. Best of luck to you both :)

Edited by Jyrinx

That's not that fair a comparison since our treaties are at the same level with them. This treaty though seems to imply that it's stronger than Fok's other treaties. Hence the questioning.

You guys don't have to answer it obviously, and it appears you have chosen not to. That's cool. Best of luck to you both :)

The answer is; Why, for god's sake, would we want to attack an ally of FOK? I treat FOK's allies with the same respect as I treat our own allies. :wub: If you're not satisfied with that answer, C'est la vie! :v:

The answer is; Why, for god's sake, would we want to attack an ally of FOK? I treat FOK's allies with the same respect as I treat our own allies. :wub: If you're not satisfied with that answer, C'est la vie! :v:

Oh, I didn't think you would. You guys love each other too much :wub:

I was just trying to get an answer on if this treaty was stronger than Fok's other treaties, specifically if Fok would honor it higher than its other treaties. Kinda like MHA with the Härmlin accords when they said it trumps everything when they ended up declaring in the Karma war since Grämlins had gotten involved. Since my original question wasn't answered, I was just trying to get a hypothetical situation together to try and make it clearer what I was asking. Would almost certainly never happen, so I guess I'll just reask it the first way:

Does this treaty, in Fok and iFok's view, supersede all other treaties?

Again, you don't have to answer that if you guys don't want to. Letting the world know you've got each other's back is good enough. Just curious is all :v:

Oh, I didn't think you would. You guys love each other too much :wub:

I was just trying to get an answer on if this treaty was stronger than Fok's other treaties, specifically if Fok would honor it higher than its other treaties. Kinda like MHA with the Härmlin accords when they said it trumps everything when they ended up declaring in the Karma war since Grämlins had gotten involved. Since my original question wasn't answered, I was just trying to get a hypothetical situation together to try and make it clearer what I was asking. Would almost certainly never happen, so I guess I'll just reask it the first way:

Does this treaty, in Fok and iFok's view, supersede all other treaties?

Again, you don't have to answer that if you guys don't want to. Letting the world know you've got each other's back is good enough. Just curious is all :v:

There is no clear-cut answer to your question. Sorry if that gives the impression that I'm dodging the question but it is the truth. When something conflicting comes up, we will deal with it together. I can't really think of a scenario in where we need to choose FOK over any of our other treaty partner to be honest. As said, if it does pop up, we will see what will happens then.

They are equal treaties, so we would stand on the sidelines, however NSO and NpO would have to break their treaty first.

This treaty states you will stand by each other no matter what, so Jyrinx and I are testing its strength with you with a hypothetical question. I know iFOK won't attack FOK's allies, but who's to say things won't change in the future? It seemed a while ago that NpO and NPO would never leave each other's side? It happened. It seemed NPO would always be top dog, they fell. Things happen that you wouldn't expect.