NoV War Discussion

Captain Flinders

I'm loving seeing all these former Norden Verein allies trying to backpedal from their past. "We're not like that anymore!", "It wasn't true love!" is something you get to hear from almost every single of their allies, including mine, sure, but it doesn't make it look any less ridiculous.

I used to be an ally to NoV and I loved it. The alliance I re-brought up was in the Hanseatic League and declared war on DefCon and helped in the NoV war. And if someone told me what would happen to NoV and tell me what I would get, I'd do it all again.

Anyways back to what I wanted to say. Sorry mods for the OOC nature of this post but the war was for a very OOC war.

NoV and NoR's name was forever smeared for this war. It doesn't matter what web side you come from, when you ask your alliance about NoR and NoV they will say they're nazis. Don't believe me? Ask your alliance right now, you'll be surprised. Even during the War of the Coalition, when banned member said TPF would eradicate any form of NoR reformation(which I'm waiting for). If you don't remember banned member and Weiss got into a pissing match over a picture. Well this was happening other alliances, who were even part of Friends Before Infra, hail and praise the announcement. Spewing the NoV/R are Nazis propaganda that The Continuum shoved down your throat. The fact is that NoV did not deserve what it got due to OOC issues. I do not stalk you about your personal like, and I would like the same. There's even be a couple of interesting blogs on the matter, which I may or may not link. Bob, please correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem very against the NoV war. What was your position in Gremlins during it? If you were even in Gremlins

Blog: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?a...=390#comment963

I'd read the comments too

Edited by Believland

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I threatened your allies, you would likely respond in kind.

Or would you remain silent?

You can just guess how many times my alliance/bloc has been threatened in the past yet there hasn't a single "bring it" or a "hurr do something about it" coming from my general direction as I acknowledge how starting to act like an arrogant little brick will not help me in any imaginable way. There are more elegant and eloquent ways for handling that kind of situations and yes, being silent and ignoring the villains bothering you is usually one of them.

Edited by Iosif Moldov

You can just guess how many times my alliance/bloc has been threatened in the past yet there hasn't a single "bring it" or a "hurr do something about it" coming from my general direction as I acknowledge how starting to act like an arrogant little brick will not help me in any imaginable way. There are more elegant and eloquent ways for handling that kind of situations and yes, being silent and ignoring the villains bothering you is usually one of them.

To each their own.

Being reminded that TTK once held a treaty with NoV makes me sad. I would rather forget that distasteful section of our history.

Then I suppose you can send me to the vaults as well. At that particular time it was a very good treaty and NoV treated TTK with more respect than others. It was the first attempt at an all maroon treaty and was fairly successfull until Thanksgiving. I only wish I would have had access to head that issue off and perhaps things may have been different.

Honestly? A bond of friendship long since gone is a cause for sadness?

History is what it is, not being proud of it is one thing, but trying to forget it is the sign of a fool.

Meh.

I was there, I was TTK gov back then. NoV was trouble, no question. But they did not deserve to be rolled.

NoV may have been trouble but were only trouble because they didnt take crap from others and would not bend to make certain parties happy. I have no regrets treatying NoV as at the time it was a good thing to do. I only wish they could have trusted in TTK the way we trusted them and perhaps things may have been different but alas it was not so and history has filed that chapter away. Chris you didnt see everything at that time but I understand your thinking but believe me when I say NoV was a good ally till they decided to lie to their allies and that is what caused the rift between TTK and NoV. I find it sad that you would be ashamed of what was done during that time period as much good was done. The CB against NoV was BS and should have never been supported. The proper CB should have read were rolling you because we can.

I completely forgot how much I loved Xiphosis and Buds. Makes me all nostalgic.

You sir are missed greatly

I'm loving seeing all these former Norden Verein allies trying to backpedal from their past. "We're not like that anymore!", "It wasn't true love!" is something you get to hear from almost every single of their allies, including mine, sure, but it doesn't make it look any less ridiculous.

As Xiph said the .gov in TTK was totally different at that time and I dont think anyone in .gov was even in .gov at the time.

Anyone who associates this incarnation of NoR with NoV is a fool as they may have the same people but they have the best of the community with out the baggage. While I have my arguments with Flinders and we no longer get along he is a passionate member of that community though misguided in some of his beliefs. NoR has just as much of a right to exist as does any other alliance here. Yeah Xiph I still like them regardless some things will never change :P

So, in summary, CSN has no moral fortitude because they did not take the time to inform someone they did not like and had no obligation to share information with that said alliance was in trouble because they were too busy being beaten down after defending another alliance they had a treaty obligation to help.

Hail CSN

Hail our new evil overlordz!!!

;)

how could you people be so mean and destroy those poor peace loving folks, they would never do such thing as try to destroy any other alliance or community.

I'll shed a tear for NoV :(

And thank all those who participated in freeing LSF from their yoke. Maybe next time those brave nords may actually stand in front adversity, instead of talking of mythological heroic deeds of their past.