NoV War Discussion

Captain Flinders

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being reminded that TTK once held a treaty with NoV makes me sad. I would rather forget that distasteful section of our history.

You must not have been here for the TTK/NoV relations at that time then. Before the cancellation and souring of relations, our two alliances were very close. We had our own nice little chunk of maroon to ourselves and we both liked it that way. Meh, you probably have no idea what you're talking about.

I believe someone has an axe to grind, and his name is Captain Flinders. Please, good sir, do you not see the needless aggression in your tone and the subsequent replies it has elicited? This saddens me, and not just because axes are sharp and could be used in an act of violence against something other than a tree, but because there is no need, no value in trying to bring up the past. It would be more productive for you to talk about your future, and the peace and love for all, excluding no one, that your alliance will no doubt bring to the world.

Edited by astronaut jones

Aye, he was, but he was a pretty well known dude in NoV, had been a NoR member (and gov iirc) and in between NoR and NoV had been Stand or Die and Bloodreich, both outright IC white supremacist alliances. It's possible, I'll grant, that they had no idea he'd been in either, but given how he advertised it and how many positions he was in within NoV I'm going to take a wild guess and say it came up. And they didn't care until outsiders found out.

Which, to me, is (aside from disliking NoV) plenty of reason to roll them, because it reverses that "We don't support WS" line they always have preached fairly handily, and does so within IC constraints.

He "advertised it" on a Wikipedia page. Do you have any evidence that any of his CyberNations, Norden Verein, or Nordreich forum posts had any white supremacist ideals portrayed in them?

Do you know what is on the Wikipedia page of every nation in your alliance? If not, how do you know they don't advertise being white supremacist?

You must not have been here for the TTK/NoV relations at that time then. Before the cancellation and souring of relations, our two alliances were very close. We had our own nice little chunk of maroon to ourselves and we both liked it that way. Meh, you probably have no idea what you're talking about.

I both know and acknowledge our history, I just don't like it.

TTK is a very different alliance today. Even if NoV hadn't had it's guts ripped out, our association would have ended long ago.

I'm loving seeing all these former Norden Verein allies trying to backpedal from their past. "We're not like that anymore!", "It wasn't true love!" is something you get to hear from almost every single of their allies, including mine, sure, but it doesn't make it look any less ridiculous.

You were allies of the Norden Verein simply as long as it was convenient and that's why I would think thrice before treatying my alliance into any of those who decided to run away instead of taking the beating and re-evaluating their relationship only after that. Because you know, there are some alliances out there who actually see some value in treaties.

I'm loving seeing all these former Norden Verein allies trying to backpedal from their past. "We're not like that anymore!", "It wasn't true love!" is something you get to hear from almost every single of their allies, including mine, sure, but it doesn't make it look any less ridiculous.

This is hilariously generalized. It'd be true if it was an alliance like NPO, or MK, or GOD who has mostly the same leadership for long stretches of time - but it's not true in TTK's case. TTK's leaders from the NoV-TTK era are long gone - one's in Valhalla [bud] and one's in SoL [Patriot]. It's stupid to fault a new generation for having a problem with what the previous one did. Call hypocrisy where it's deserved, but acknowledge where it isn't.

Do you know what is on the Wikipedia page of every nation in your alliance?

My members generally consider RP to be retarded. And aren't prone to white supremacism. If I had suspicions I'd check. Are you saying you had a gov member and alliance mate from NoR to NoV and in that whole stretch of period, he never once let on to his views? Even while writing long wiki pages for every little section of his army and secret police? Never suspected once?

You can claim it. I just don't believe it.

This is hilariously generalized. It'd be true if it was an alliance like NPO, or MK, or GOD who has mostly the same leadership for long stretches of time - but it's not true in TTK's case. TTK's leaders from the NoV-TTK era are long gone - one's in Valhalla [bud] and one's in SoL [Patriot]. It's stupid to fault a new generation for having a problem with what the previous one did. Call hypocrisy where it's deserved, but acknowledge where it isn't.

Xiph beat me to the punch.

Not that I don't love Bud and Patty, but I have real issues with their choice of friends.

Being reminded that TTK once held a treaty with NoV makes me sad. I would rather forget that distasteful section of our history.

Honestly? A bond of friendship long since gone is a cause for sadness?

History is what it is, not being proud of it is one thing, but trying to forget it is the sign of a fool.

Meh.

I was there, I was TTK gov back then. NoV was trouble, no question. But they did not deserve to be rolled.

Call hypocrisy where it's deserved, but acknowledge where it isn't.

I wasn't calling hypocrisy anywhere in my post and I stand corrected if the case is how you say it is. It's just that I've seen so many people urinate at the general direction of Verein after long partnership just because they went out of fashion I become pretty grumpy whenever I see this kind of stuff.

And no, really, I'm not particularly close with the Verein myself and never was. Yet they were my allies and yet I went to zero infra for them, so I'd prefer not to take the generally accepted attitude here on OWF and pretend nobody ever actually was friends with them.

Honestly? A bond of friendship long since gone is a cause for sadness?

History is what it is, not being proud of it is one thing, but trying to forget it is the sign of a fool.

Meh.

I was there, I was TTK gov back then. NoV was trouble, no question. But they did not deserve to be rolled.

No one deserves to be rolled, as you put it, as aggression is not needed. I know there were differences between NoV and the rest of planet bob, due to how they went about conducting their own business, but I do believe they have changed. I mean, the most basic of changes is that they are no longer NoV, which had a terrible reputation due to their leadership and their very public and sometimes very private opinions of certain groups of individuals, but they are now NoR, whose reputation is far better.

I do believe that all of this negativity is hurtful and unwarranted, and I ask everyone to please calm down before the tension turns to violence.

No one deserves to be rolled, as you put it, as aggression is not needed. I know there were differences between NoV and the rest of planet bob, due to how they went about conducting their own business, but I do believe they have changed. I mean, the most basic of changes is that they are no longer NoV, which had a terrible reputation due to their leadership and their very public and sometimes very private opinions of certain groups of individuals, but they are now NoR, whose reputation is far better.

I do believe that all of this negativity is hurtful and unwarranted, and I ask everyone to please calm down before the tension turns to violence.

I do believe you're playing at something.

I just can't see exactly what.

I wasn't calling hypocrisy anywhere in my post and I stand corrected if the case is how you say it is. It's just that I've seen so many people urinate at the general direction of Verein after long partnership just because they went out of fashion I become pretty grumpy whenever I see this kind of stuff.

Yeah, and I understand it. Was a time I was in your shoes, lol. But at least as far as this situation goes, the TTK gov from that era is gone and their replacements aren't crossing any lines by saying they regretted it - in my opinion anyway.

My members generally consider RP to be retarded. And aren't prone to white supremacism. If I had suspicions I'd check. Are you saying you had a gov member and alliance mate from NoR to NoV and in that whole stretch of period, he never once let on to his views? Even while writing long wiki pages for every little section of his army and secret police? Never suspected once?

You can claim it. I just don't believe it.

I was never a member of the old Nordreich, nor was I ever a member of Norden Verein, so I would not know. I am just saying that it is quite possible no one knew. The burden of proof that someone knew is on those who attacked Norden Verein, it is not the Verein's onus to prove that they did not know when there is a good chance that they did not. We can only speculate.

On another note, I like your signature.

Edited by OberstKrieger

The burden of proof that someone knew is on those who attacked Norden Verein, it is not the Verein's onus to prove that they did not know when there is a good chance that they did not. We can only speculate.

Oh snap. I remember saying this more than once.

Admin, that was a great war. I loved it had a bunch of fun helping disband the german empire. There was no sweeter feeling than getting rid of them. Also, I loved the CB.

The power of wishful thinking...

Sorry to quote an old post, but is this an admission, at long last, that you are in fact Weiss von Toten? ^_^

I'm not sure how that could be construed as an admission of any kind but you can believe what you feel necessary.

Admin, that was a great war. I loved it had a bunch of fun helping disband the german empire. There was no sweeter feeling than getting rid of them. Also, I loved the CB.

o/ Slayer99

I do hope this statement is intended satirically.

Officer: "We're looking for two [German-themed alliances] in a white car."

Hurricane: "Will any two [German-themed alliances] do?"