Supreme Court bans cruxific from public buildings

Agostinho Neto

fascistr.jpg

== FASCIST REGIME OF ITALICA ==

== Grand Council of Fascism - Department of Foreign Affairs ==

The Crucifix in public buildings does not limit any freedom, does not prevent anyone to believe in their own God. It doesn't represent only the universal values ( peace, brothership, love ) that are common to all, believers and atheists, but also the culture of an entire People. The Italian People have a culture of Faith, the Finnish People apparently not. We respect your choices, but we claim that you respect ours. Nothing else to say.

Edited by Arathog

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fascistr.jpg

== FASCIST REGIME OF ITALICA ==

== Grand Council of Fascism - Department of Foreign Affairs ==

The Crucifix in public buildings does not limit any freedom, does not prevent anyone to believe in their own God. It doesn't represent only the universal values ( peace, brothership, love ) that are common to all, believers and atheists, but also the culture of an entire People. The Italian People have a culture of Faith, the Finnish People apparently not. We respect your choices, but we claim that you respect ours. Nothing else to say.

"To many others and myself, the cross is an image of intolerance and hatred. And it is the principle of the matter, no religious symbol should be in government buildings. Would you support a Pagan Star or Islamic Crescent in schools? Have one religious symbol over another in a government owned building is intolerant and bigoted." -President Uberstein

Edited by BaronUberstein

"To many others and myself, the cross is an image of intolerance and hatred. And it is the principle of the matter, no religious symbol should be in government buildings. Would you support a Pagan Star or Islamic Crescent in schools? Have one religious symbol over another in a government owned building is intolerant and bigoted." -President Uberstein

<_< >_> Oy, how about the Star of David? Is that tolerated? Do you have the same views on Islam or Judaism to that of Christianity? Christianity is the largest religion in the world, you're probably going to offend someone with that statement of yours.

OOC: I'm not coming near this with a 10 foot pole.

Hitler, Mussolini, Mao Tse Tung, Josef Stalin, Pol Pot, Fidel Castro, Robespierre ring a bell????

Mac, this is CNRP... not RL... references to those people may or may not register on some people's RPs.

Edited by Executive Minister

<_< >_> Oy, how about the Star of David? Is that tolerated? Do you have the same views on Islam or Judaism to that of Christianity? Christianity is the largest religion in the world, you're probably going to offend someone with that statement of yours.

"I view all religions as the remnant of a decadent past." -President Uberstein

600pxnewspqrflagsvg.png

Comunicato Ufficiale del Governo Militare Repubblicano

Official Communique of the Republican Military Government

Che crucixif in public buildings does not limit any freedom, in theory, but it forces non-beveliers to work under a symbol they do not recognize as a message of love and progress. Is not our duty to make an historical evalutation of christianity, but the Government has the strong opinion that religion must not be involved in the public sphere of the state and its policies. This has been our policy since the early stages of our national sovereignty.

We have re-established the Vatican to show that we respect religion, we have promoted inter-cultural exchanges with German Norse cultural organizations to show that we respect the beleifs of the populations of northern Italy, more influenced by the nordic cult, but never forget we have exiled Alexius I to show we do not tolerate religious interference in the administration of our Republic. The Italian Republic will not go against the ruling of the Supreme Court and reiterates the hostility towards religious interference in the guidance of our nation. We don't support any religious symbol in public buildings,.

Always remember in the Italian legal system: The law of the Republic comes before the law of God and any other religion. This is fundamental principle of our constitution. Real christians don't need a symbol to beleive in the teachings of Jesus and follow the principles of christianity,

Senatus Popolus Que Romanus

The Senate and the People of Rome

spqr.jpg

Edited by Junio Borghese

"Finland seems to be getting along well with a secular government." -President Uberstein

"And yet you have many citizens that adhere to one faith or another. Look at it this way...what motivation does an atheist really have to remain 'good?' For that matter, how does an atheist define what is right and wrong?"

"And yet you have many citizens that adhere to one faith or another. Look at it this way...what motivation does an atheist really have to remain 'good?' For that matter, how does an atheist define what is right and wrong?"

"The basic functioning of society. Consent, wither they are adults or not, and other such factors are part of how society works. For example, if two adults agree, they are allowed to duel to the death, but murder is not allowed. Also, the current demographic of Finland is that the majority are non-religious*, and yet do you see crime being rampant? No, because people understand the ideals of 'to each their own' and how to keep society running. You don't need a 2000 year old book to understand that stabbing your neighbor in the face when he steps on your lawn is wrong." -President Uberstein

OOC:

*I can make my own demographics, and remember, the Uberstein Empire owned the land for awhile.

"Finland seems to be getting along well with a secular government." -President Uberstein

With Finland being one of the poorer and less technologically advanced nations in the world, we find it difficult to believe that Finland is doing well regardless whether the president is athiest or not.

Edited by King Penchuk

With Finland being one of the poorer and less technologically advanced nations in the world, we find it difficult to believe that Finland is doing well regardless whether the president is athiest or not.

"We are advancing steadily, and I am talking about freedom, equality, not technological advancement. We have what we need." -President Uberstein.

OOC: I have a modern nation on the new tech scale. Just because I don't do huge threads about nanotechnology and space elevators doesn't mean I'm not technologically modern.