Earth RP Map Thread and Rules

loannes

As I said have fun with your ERP, I am just saying I won't be taking part in it.

Also this

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1896565

Has defiantly made me decide to not join.

Hi Kevz :)

First off, after looking at the situation, you're partially right and I'm actually going to get out of South America. However in the middle east, right now they are not on friendly terms with America/Australia etc. However, if like in ERP, the Iranian government just disappeared and turned off all utilities, services, and communication leaving the nation to die, the people would most certainly be wanting some sort of foreign intervention.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kevz :)

First off, after looking at the situation, you're partially right and I'm actually going to get out of South America. However in the middle east, right now they are not on friendly terms with America/Australia etc. However, if like in ERP, the Iranian government just disappeared and turned off all utilities, services, and communication leaving the nation to die, the people would most certainly be wanting some sort of foreign intervention.

No offense but that is so not true. You say this "anarchy" has lasted three years? Not a chance. if the government just disappeared one of two things would happen. Either the government's rivals would take over or two the people would split into warring parties and the victor would take over. No nation would sit around doing nothing waiting got someone to come save them.

No offense but that is so not true. You say this "anarchy" has lasted three years? Not a chance. if the government just disappeared one of two things would happen. Either the government's rivals would take over or two the people would split into warring parties and the victor would take over. No nation would sit around doing nothing waiting got someone to come save them.

I have to agree with Kevz on that one. SOMEONE local would step into the power vacuum. It would be inevitible.

Yeah, as a member of this community, I have to say the land grabs are rediculous. Theres a limit to how much free land you should take and I'm asking that the moderators, to moderate that...and themselves.

so, stig's goal when he started ERP was to create/recreate the british empire in the 19th-20th century form

OOC: Understandable. My goal is to take over the world under the name of the Union. Doesnt mean I'm going to claim all of the white space in the first few weeks of the game. It ruins the challenge, the game and the playing.

OOC tags are unnecessary in an OOC thread.

There's no rules on claiming white land. Most users assume that no one will be joining, since ERP has less appeal than CNRP. However, there should probably be limitations on the amount of land you can claim in a certain amount of time.

I've already made it clear that if a new player joins, I will be happy to give them European or African land that I have obtained. ERP isn't meant to be realistic, it's meant to be different. But if you want to play a realistic Earth simulation with stuff like the EU and the UN and the Iraq war and what not, be my guest.

Edit: Wow, I posted OOC tags right after Drake said that. :awesome:

Edited by TheStig

OOC: ever see a map of the british empire?

Colonialism as it was done in the past is not returning in any realistic image of Earth, there would be too much resistance amongst others because of nationalism.

Edited by Centurius

I've already made it clear that if a new player joins, I will be happy to give them European or African land that I have obtained. ERP isn't meant to be realistic, it's meant to be different. But if you want to play a realistic Earth simulation with stuff like the EU and the UN and the Iraq war and what not, be my guest.

Edit: Wow, I posted OOC tags right after Drake said that. :awesome:

The entire point of ERP was to be realistic...

No, it was to rid of the ridiculous rules that restrict CNRP and make it less fun. Ultimately, if anyone has a problem with anything someone does, they can try and stop them.

No, it was to be realistic without being unplayable. That's the reason why we took so long to create the rules that would be realistic but still playable without arbitrary barriers. Nobody would be able to invade a country with a fully formed military with a navy, air force and army with only 20,000 troops, much less four at the same time. India has nuclear subs, air forces developed with the help of Russia and a massive potential for an army far outweighing Britain's.

The entire RP is a farce intended to let people have huge empires that people normally wouldn't be able to have in CNRP, because in CNRP we actually frown upon such shenanigans - like what would actually happen.

No, it was to be realistic without being unplayable. That's the reason why we took so long to create the rules that would be realistic but still playable without arbitrary barriers. Nobody would be able to invade a country with a fully formed military with a navy, air force and army with only 20,000 troops, much less four at the same time. India has nuclear subs, air forces developed with the help of Russia and a massive potential for an army far outweighing Britain's.

The entire RP is a farce intended to let people have huge empires that people normally wouldn't be able to have in CNRP, because in CNRP we actually frown upon such shenanigans - like what would actually happen.

Interesting, yet you actually claimed a nice chunk of Europe and now come and say that?

Interesting, yet you actually claimed a nice chunk of Europe and now come and say that?

I claimed a couple of small, neutral and economic countries that was smaller than most of the nations. Sweden and Ukraine (the bulk of my landmass) both joined willingly without any provocation from me.

I don't see what's interesting other than I'm a nice guy.

Mr Stig,

We handled that by merging so the land would be administrated by two people.

On a lighter note, could The Union be a brighter yellow?

Edited by Acca Dacca