CNRP Proposal #2

Bacharth

I like having a map.

Also, that new map will get filled up so fast it's not even funny. Make one bigger.

This but also say 1/2 of SoI is what you can claim. A larger map would not only mean more land to claim but also that even clamming 1/2 their circle, everyone would still own the same amunt of land.

I also suggest we start (if this happens) at early 20th Century tech.

A different way things could go for a map: use an Impossible Infinity map (yes, I just made up that name ). However, this is a very radically different in many aspects and most would highly likely not like it. I am not expecting anyone to like it, I'm just more-so of putting it out there.

Hmm... I like this idea! Every time we want to RP more players into the game we just add more map space and consider the borders at the edges east west edges connected to any other maps east west boarders to allow for regional conflicts. Civilization had a donut world topology, why can we set our world inside of a different geometric environment globally with a local 3-D environment that was the same?

LOVE IT.

of course, a rp not based on nation-stats would be cool too, if it could be kept reasonable. It'd be great to start the game from like, year zero or something and work our way up on an excelerated time scale.

Read the first time as:

"of course, a rp not based on nation-states would be cool too, if it could be kept reasonable. It'd be great to start the game from like, year zero or something and work our way up on an excelerated time scale."

I thought you had returned to your senses Margrave! T_T WHY ONLY ONE LETTER OFF! CRUEL WORLD.

Edited by Zarfef

1901 was a long time ago.

It was also the post-industrialization age, though before the 'modern' era, which begins after the cold war.

Dark Ages were between 700 and 1400, very roughly. Before Columbus, Kopernikus, Luther and these other greats.

Edited by Lynneth

I think this is a good proposal, but personally I feel pretty attached to the real earth. I agree continuity is a big problem, it's not easy for a new player to find out about the history of the land they occupy. It's one of those things that I think you just have to be flexible about, though.

It was also the post-industrialization age, though before the 'modern' era, which begins after the cold war.

Dark Ages were between 700 and 1400, very roughly. Before Columbus, Kopernikus, Luther and these other greats.

The modern era started around 1500 actually, its right after the Middle Ages.

The modern era started around 1500 actually, its right after the Middle Ages.

Huh. I thought the Renaissance and other such epochs followed the Middle Ages, not the Modern Era.

Sure, the Age of Science began then, slowly but steadily...But modern?

Huh. I thought the Renaissance and other such epochs followed the Middle Ages, not the Modern Era.

Sure, the Age of Science began then, slowly but steadily...But modern?

Yeah, the Renaissance is considered the beginning of the Modern Era. I was surprised too to learn that the modern era started so long ago, the name kinda threw me off. It does make sense though, the changes set off by the events of that time directly led to a significant technological gap between Europe and the rest of the world by the 19th century, and Japan had to specifically undergo modernisation to catch up.

Yeah, the Renaissance is considered the beginning of the Modern Era. I was surprised too to learn that the modern era started so long ago, the name kinda threw me off. It does make sense though, the changes set off by the events of that time directly led to a significant technological gap between Europe and the rest of the world by the 19th century, and Japan had to specifically undergo modernisation to catch up.

I always thought it was just called the Age of Reason, not part of the Modern Era.